C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Turbo ZR1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Turbo ZR1?

(ALL BOLT ON):

How about cooler rear mounts (less intercooler) and a VARIABLE/SWITCHABLE boost hold controller and a steering wheel switch for 720hp to 900(100 octane)hp, and less smog. The ~90lb weight penalty is down low, symetrical, less then the average passenger and shouldn't effect its basic ~$120k platform, especially with the extra power and slicks.

CAT race pipes.

The stock muffler tip tech. could be utilized for cruize quieting and low end torque .

A 3.05 rr gear for 75-106-142-171-211-256mph(To keep it close to the stock calibrations and tires at 640hp with a little more hp, top speed, and for better gas mileage(with a real overdrive)).

A little larger spoilers.

Low tech. setups of lowering and alignments for speed runs and the tracks.

Drag and track slicks (Low tech. 4WD$ and paddle shifter$ equalizers)

This thing could clean house on all the Bugatti and the upcoming 458 numbers making them unnecessary for no more then $20k more (they could get slicks too).

Last edited by rosulekg; 03-24-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You definately post up your theories. I think theres a guy that is doing this right now. Twin turbo ZR1.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Launching!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...turbo-zr1.html
Old 03-09-2010, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rosulekg
A 3.05 rr gear + smaller 6th gear for 74-103-135-165-207-255mph.

thats one HELL of a first gear
Old 03-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

Exclamation The Ultimate all around Vette!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
You definately post up your theories. I think theres a guy that is doing this right now. Twin turbo ZR1.
The final "Baddest/grocery store runner" most capable Vette setup ever, and there are nuts "hot rod" guys with the money too I now see!

Last edited by rosulekg; 03-11-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TAtoad
thats one HELL of a first gear
Thats more or less my gear setup now for the past year.

Ideal for the mile.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks, simply a cheap way to get the power down, which many guys just seem do not want to buy and limiting their rides; not for me!

And nice turbo and power, but, we know the hardtop couldn't go 250mph even though you have enough hp!

Says who... motortrend editors? Or you? Who are you anyways?

The DRAG co ef is .29... the targa vette(C5) is sleeker, due to the back off the glass, being more aero friendly at speeds above 180mph. Yes, the hardtop would be a little dicier at those speeds(220-240mph+) but, who has really tested that, at that speed? The total MPH between the two cars would be close to 7-12mph on TOP end. the C4 corvette, sledgehammer,..went 254mph, with a greater drag co-efficent, meaning less aero efficency at high velocity(that car was driven to the test track, broke records, drove home).

If I was given the room to attempt to go 250,,...i'd love to try it but,... your talking about a private track, cause you'll never find a clearing that big on the street,..as **** tends to come up, really quick even at the 190's. So, theroy is theory, until someone proves it,..

As far as proper gear ratios, it's nothing new. Anyone that is serious about racing, knows the benefit of a gear swap, upwards or downwards. People said my car wouldn't work with my setup,..yet, people have been proved wrong, time and time again. Be it you make your change in the tranny gear, or the final drive diff. It's all old news. Just not everyone realizes the capability of a gear swap. I do, and have.

With MILD aero work, the C5 is without a doubt sleek(in stock form it's sleek)...but, it could use some improvement in several key area's. Yes, the targa is a better platform for extreme speeds but,...I don't think a FRC would have any trouble with the right power, gear, and length of track hitting 250mile per hour.

For the record, I am building my car to accelerate hard in the mile,... not a 5 mile run.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

No questions Boys? Hah! (It looks like I have your animal on a leash, again!)
What questions could you possibly answer? Your posting idea's...things that have been done.

Do it. Build it. Then tell us how bad it is.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Banned

Talking Just a guy who can add!

[QUOTE=V-seriesTech;13027153]Says who... motortrend editors? Or you? Who are you anyways?

Yeah, I quess when your turbo lag is more then your car stock HP one can go with smaller gearing. Thanks, for the information maybe the supercharger is overkill or maybe damn handy, but, I can only wonder!
I didn't know a C4 coupe did that, but it was a coupe. I think Linginfelter died doing something like this after making 226mph, again with a coupe.
Anyway, just following the fact that GM geared the c5Z06 for only 170mph and then going away from it not limiting speed with the coupe I think tells the story straight from the horses mouth.
Your purpose built car has more then enough power, but, without aero, safely? I was thinking a bolt-on fiber piece might work.

How about the Bonneville Salt Flats! http://www.insideline.com/dodge/vipe...-and-back.html

"One of the best places to watch the racing is beside the FIVE-MILE point on the long course, where the racers scream by wide open and pop their chutes."

Last edited by rosulekg; 03-17-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
What questions could you possibly answer? Your posting idea's...things that have been done.

Do it. Build it. Then tell us how bad it is.
"things that have been done" not to my eyes!

After spending years redoing my car after most others left it in a ditch I don't JUST DO ANYTHING, and I hope this post can give someone something tangible to shoot for! MAKE THEM SPELL IT ALL OUT AND WRITE IT ALL DOWN GUYS!

I've already answered them! Tell me were I'm wrong! Please! Before someone makes this thing more conservatively then above! A clean full functioning ZR1 mod.!

Does your purpose built car run on a MAFS for variability? I would never want that capability to be taken away on my turbo, but, I've seen it disapear on bigger hp cars.

Last edited by rosulekg; 03-18-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=rosulekg;13027435]
Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Says who... motortrend editors? Or you? Who are you anyways?

Yeah, I quess when your turbo lag is more then your car stock HP one can go with smaller gearing. Thanks, for the information maybe the supercharger is overkill or maybe damn handy, but, I can only wonder!
I didn't know a C4 coupe did that, but it was a coupe. I think Linginfelter died doing something like this after making 226mph, again with a coupe.
Anyway, just following the fact that GM geared the c5Z06 for only 170mph and then going away from it not limiting speed with the coupe I think tells the story straight from the horses mouth.
Your purpose built car has more then enough power, but, without aero, safely? I was thinking a bolt-on fiber piece might work.

How about the Salt Flats!
Your compiaring your insight of a STOCK GM vehicle, to that of a heavily modded one. I don't run a Z06 trans, I don't run a 3.42 gear. I watched a STOCK UN TAPED C5 Z06 go 203 today, back to back , with 860rwhp, and no aero work what so ever. Not at all. Oh wait, his antenna was unscrewed.

John Lingenfelter, was driving that Callaway vette back in the day, he built the motor.

John, died in a drag racing accident, in a 4 cylinder ecotec powered DRAG car. 7 second vehicle. One of the worst days, in GM history. That man, was badass.

"things that have been done" not to my eyes!

After spending years redoing my car after others left it in the weeds I don't JUST DO ANYTHING, and I hope this post can give someone something tangible to shoot for! MAKE THEM SPELL IT ALL OUT AND WRITE IT ALL DOWN GUYS!

I've already answered them! Tell me were I'm wrong! Please! Before someone makes this thing more conservatively then above! A clean full functioning ZR1 mod.!

Does your purpose built car run on a MAFS for variability? I would never want that capability to be taken away on my turbo, but, I've seen it disapear on bigger hp cars.

The MAF,..as in what, mas air flow sensor?.. is that what your talking about? My car made 787rwhp through the maf,...without issues for driveability. This time around, I am probably running a 3bar setup but,.. we'll see though.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Great, for us bargain Vette guys!

[QUOTE=V-seriesTech;13032064]

Your compiaring your insight of a STOCK GM vehicle, to that of a heavily modded one. I don't run a Z06 trans, I don't run a 3.42 gear. I watched a STOCK UN TAPED C5 Z06 go 203 today, back to back , with 860rwhp, and no aero work what so ever. Not at all. Oh wait, his antenna was unscrewed.

John Lingenfelter, was driving that Callaway vette back in the day, he built the motor.

John, died in a drag racing accident, in a 4 cylinder ecotec powered DRAG car. 7 second vehicle. One of the worst days, in GM history. That man, was badass.

The MAF,..as in what, mas air flow sensor?.. is that what your talking about? My car made 787rwhp through the maf,...without issues for driveability. This time around, I am probably running a 3bar setup but,.. we'll see though.
So, you have some variability in power and with electronic gismos that could pull timing and cylinders and adjust boost could tweek it down tame for other driving endeavers just like this ZR1 mod. probably minus the supercharger! Glad to hear that! Dynamic and state of the art!

Last edited by rosulekg; 03-15-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Banned

I thought I was going to see a turbo ZR1 when I opened this thread....

What a waste of time.

I want my click back!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
I thought I was going to see a turbo ZR1 when I opened this thread....

What a waste of time.

I want my click back!
Your the waste of time , but, here, again a crazier one:

Last edited by rosulekg; 03-15-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Banned

Your the waste of time , but, here, again a crazier one:
Is there a point to ANY of your threads?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

lmao,...I honestly don't think there is. Just wants attention?
Old 03-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned

It's true I don't have a commercial interest in it! But, I like seeing the future:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f64/g...urprise-73666/

And "V-series TECH" I thought we learned some things from you we could maybe use in the future, maybe not? And I don't think coilovers have a central command controller for controlling their individual rates INDEPENDENTLY, as the ZR1's weight moves around. So I have to wonder about your removing THE STOCK ONES in that Lambo thread? Ferrari has bought into this TECH!

Gentlemen, as scary as it may be for some I think for all practical purposes the arbitrary new big dollar Vette modding days are over! We have "THE ONE"! or THE TRANSFORMER car! or simply the coolest! GM saw all that money going to the tuners and wanted a piece IMO!

Last edited by rosulekg; 03-16-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yes, the ZR1 is the ****.

Coilovers, are the ****. Leaf springs, are not. Sure, it handles well,...the best possible?,...truly independant? no. Coilovers, yes.

I don't need selective heights,......And yes,...you can buy coilovers that have automated/controll based ride heigth selection.

But, if you give me a few minutes, I can adjust my heigth if needed.

And dude,...different strokes, different folks.

If the ZR1 was in my garage,...i'd have sole the blower, and mounted a TT kit already. I'm over belts. I'm over parasitic loss...
Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Thanks!

"I don't need selective heights,......And yes,...you can buy coilovers that have automated/controll based ride heigth selection."

Cool, I didn't know this! Great for the other Z's, but, that's not the same as what the ZR1 has! The supercharger is 2nd to the shock TECH in the ZR1!

Last edited by rosulekg; 03-16-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sure thing

Quick Reply: Turbo ZR1?