Sponsored by:

What is this? and can i remove it? 2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default What is this? and can i remove it? 2 questions

question 1.

ok yesterday while cutting the metal from the inner fenders i happened to look under the car to see if there is anything i can get rid of. i start by pulling out plastic shrouding from under the bumper. well when i get it out on the driver side i notice on the underside of the frame there is a little control module looking thing of some kind..... what is this and can i remove it? its about a foot or 2 back from the frame horn and is more positioned to one side more so than the other towards the engine on the underside driverside frame rail.

question 2.

is removing the dump tank for the radiator a good or bad idea? car wont see the street much. the tank looks huge but the fact it has a cap where you can add fluid concerns me.... i figured i would take it off and just keep check with the fliud level in the radiator and if it gets low add some.... good or bad idea?

thanks,

Last edited by Driftunit; 04-30-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

come on now
Old 04-30-2009, 12:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think your looking at the cruise control module, so ya you can remove it if your not using it.

tracks require an overfil tank, so you can remove it, you just need to replace it with something else.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if it has 2 cables running off the back of it? its the CC, you need a non CC cable if you remove it. 19-25$ new, and a diffretn one for 98-00 and 01-02s and if you have tracion contraol, or not, (goog time to remove it while getting a cable anyway) . the other side of the car. The black box, is a vac. resvior tank for the HAVAC flapper doors.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

well looks like we'll be leaving the cruise control for now until i can find a cable.

as for the other over flow tank thing im sure i can come up with a better or lighter setup maybe to go with my oil catch can ive yet to put in.

thanks for the help guys
Old 04-30-2009, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

ok just pulled both... piece of cake

the cruise control unit has 1 wire that runs to it other than the harness wire. i simply unhooked it from the module then unhooked it at the tcs unit the n pulled it out...
simple. no new nothing needed
Old 04-30-2009, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hid my overflow tank inside the bumper cover on the driverside. there is a small hole from the factory at the corner of the fuse boxes, just below the stop for the hood when shut. I have my nozzle for the overflow tank in there, still easily accessible but more or less hidden from view
Old 05-01-2009, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

hmm not a bad idea... do you have any pics of that setup?