Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

those who have used the G-tech

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default those who have used the G-tech

im thinking of getting one. not really to check et times and such. more for its reading of HP/TQ

which is why all of you who have been dynotuned. how close was it to your real dyno numbers. i know it will show lower HP because the G-tech add in aero drag and rolling drag from tires.

i think the ability to have a device to read your HP so easily at anytime would be cool especially when tinkering with different setups.

Dont say well go get dyno tune. not everyone lives down the street form a shop. or is willing yo shell out 90 bucks a run.

ive already been dynoed and tuned. no reason to keep going back if this little device can accurately give you your numbers.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

No, A dyno is better.. Tinkering with setups? what do you mean?

It won't give you accurate numbers and dyno numbers don't matter anyways. A dyno is a tuning tool nothing more
Old 02-19-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

like i said dont mention dyno... you must have a hard time reading... twice you have stated something froma post that was already stated. get some dang glasses.

id have to disagree with the Dyno numbers not mattering. they only dont matter for the track vs what you will run. but in terms of the ability to get accurate reading of your hp/tq. consistently then something seems wrong with your car. you go get dynoed. and it shows a drop in HP/tq. how is that not useful?

or do you prefer the hillbilly way of always running to a track while a car isnt maybe running 100%. because id rather have a car go wot with hardly any strain on the drivetrain. but that is just me.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:07 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how is going WOT on the dyno or on the street not putting any strain on the drivetrain except the fact you do have the initial launch? And where would you make a WOT pass legally except on a dyno or at a racetrack?

Not casting stones, but just asking questions.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

i got one about 4 years ago before i even owned an f-body.

i have it in my car all the time, but i only use it for a shift light. its hard to get a good reading because if you hook its going to say you make more power.

I guess you could use it as a comparison tool. It should be relatively consistent. Kinda limited though, i would say its only accurate within ~50hp though, so small changes probably wouldn't show small gain very well.

just my $0.02
Old 02-20-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Villain281H
So how is going WOT on the dyno or on the street not putting any strain on the drivetrain except the fact you do have the initial launch? And where would you make a WOT pass legally except on a dyno or at a racetrack?

Not casting stones, but just asking questions.

10x less stress on the drivetrain on a dyno than at the track. drivetrain is pushing the spinning rotation mass of the dyno tube itself. i would think that would be way less strain than at the track propelling the full weight of the car.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think I can make a dyno pass in 1/10th of the time of a drag strip pass....

It is less stress though, especially the "launch" aspect of it.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea that what i was going towards. i mean i know the g0tech isnt a dyno. or a dragstrip.

but some of us gott make do with any help we cant get to in someform monitor how the car is running other than the butt dyno
Old 02-20-2008, 09:52 PM
7 Second Club

Yes a dyno puts less strain due to the car not moving downtrack, no wind resistance, less tire resistance. But you said "hardly any strain" and that's reaching IMHO.

Take the car to a track if you don't want to spend the $$ for a dyno pull. As mentioned above, the G-tech is too variable to give you a real measurement.

Derek
Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got the original for like 50 off ebey i think and i tried it at the track one time it was VERY VERY close it was off by .01 and it was 2mph fast. i never tried the HP but the track time is awesome.