Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

00 Trans Am A4 - tune by LSXtune

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Trans Am A4 - tune by LSXtune

I just got the car tuned this past Tuesday by Steve Williams (LSXtune), aka Frost on here, and could not be happier. The mods to the car are in my sig and I was really happy with the gains from the tune. Overall I picked up 11 peak HP, but about 30 under the curve. It's really like a different car, but I'm sure looking at the before tuning AFR you could guess that! Not that we drive these cars for great mpg, but I got 194 miles to the last tank and already I've gotten 135 on half of this current tank post tune. Steve was wonderful and took so much time with my boyfriend and I. We had about a two hour drive to get home and he even called later in the day to make sure we got home OK and were happy with the car. I really could not be more pleased with how things went. Now if only spring would roll around so I can get this thing to the track again.

Ignore the little lapse in the first dyno run, the signal was dropped for a second.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

nice. i just got my car dyno tuned today. very similar mods to yours but just without ls6 intake or cats. put down 340hp/350tq.

what was your 60' on that 12.9 you ran? what kinda tires?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

1.9 60' with Sumitomo HTRZ IIs. I have some MT ET Streets for this spring that I want to try out. Those are excellent numbers for the mods you have creeper.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

thanks. that's the uncorrected numbers though so i'm sure it'd actually be a little lower.

hoping to get to the track soon. hoping for 13.0-13.1 but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna screw up the first couple runs haha.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

I need to pull the trigger on the LSXtune. I'd like to make more power than you (no offense) since i've got an ORY, but i don't think my gains with a dyno tune with be as substantial since i've already got the Predator tune.

Stock tune<Predator<LSXtune
Old 01-23-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Those numbers sound great!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by twpetry
I need to pull the trigger on the LSXtune. I'd like to make more power than you (no offense) since i've got an ORY, but i don't think my gains with a dyno tune with be as substantial since i've already got the Predator tune.

Stock tune<Predator<LSXtune
I actually had the canned Predator tune on my car right up until I pulled in the parking lot there. I didn't run that tune on the dyno at all just because I didn't have time for that many dyno pulls. I had originally picked up 2 tenths in the quarter with it so I know it would have been better than my stock tune dyno run, but I don't think by a whole lot. I know even with the Predator tune it was running far too rich and with the SOTP difference I can feel after Steve was done with it there's no comparison.

No offense taken to you wanting more power. Steve actually thought my car would be more like 340 given the ET w/o the intake, but I'm happy with it. I'll let the track be a better judge in the spring though. If you go post up results and I'm sure you'll be very happy with Steve.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

When you go to the track let me kno, I'd love to run you!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta love picking up power under the curve. That way you feel it more, and can make better use of it. What good is extra hp if its at the shift point, and nothing else was gained. Sounds like you got a great tune, and the car is 100% better. Now for the gas mileage comment, I actually drove my car as a trip car, and got 34 mpg actual. Not bad from a 490 rwhp 445 rwtq h/c 346 huh? Anyways I decided to go the under the curve route too and re used my h/c on a 402. Haven't drove it yet but I am sure I'll be in the same boat as you and say it feels like a whole new car.

Congrats on getting a great tune, and being happy with it. Nice that the tuner called to check on you. Real class act !!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Steve (Frost) is a great tuner!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:06 AM
11 Second Club

nice #s my car put down 339hp and 327tq through the flowmaster with the cutout closed and with a VIG3600 sucking up alot of power. ran a 12.2@110 with that setup
Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Teching In

I wish he did third gen's......
Old 01-25-2009, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

nice numbers...he tuned my car as well and it drives great. Plus as everyone else said he is a really helpful guy
Old 01-26-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a mailorder tune done by steve at lsx tune. I ran 12.99 @ 108 with full exhaust, ls6 intake at full weight. I wish I lived closer and could get a dyno tune done by him when I install the TC. Maybe ill take a vacation.

Also was the first run the factory tune or a base tune he put on before? If not I guess I have a ballpark figure of what I'm making since I have the same mods.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the responses guys.

Originally Posted by fbodyman1026
I had a mailorder tune done by steve at lsx tune. I ran 12.99 @ 108 with full exhaust, ls6 intake at full weight. I wish I lived closer and could get a dyno tune done by him when I install the TC. Maybe ill take a vacation.

Also was the first run the factory tune or a base tune he put on before? If not I guess I have a ballpark figure of what I'm making since I have the same mods.
The first dyno run was on the factory tune completely and it really ran terribly. The quarter mile time in my sig, 12.91 @ 108, was on full exhaust with ported TB and the canned Diablosport Predator tune. I'll be really interested to see how it does with the LS6 intake and dyno tune. I'd reccommend the vacation! There isn't a whole lot to do around there from what I can tell, but the shop he tunes at is fairly close to VA Motorsports Park and VA Int'll Raceway so maybe you could try to coincide your trip with an event there.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MysticTealTA
The first dyno run was on the factory tune completely and it really ran terribly. The quarter mile time in my sig, 12.91 @ 108, was on full exhaust with ported TB and the canned Diablosport Predator tune. I'll be really interested to see how it does with the LS6 intake and dyno tune. I'd reccommend the vacation! There isn't a whole lot to do around there from what I can tell, but the shop he tunes at is fairly close to VA Motorsports Park and VA Int'll Raceway so maybe you could try to coincide your trip with an event there.
Ok well I know you didn;t pick up too much up top but the gains under the curve are very impressive. I was going to say that he that first run was with his base tune that he would have put on my car, I would have realized how much more I could gain. I bet I could pick up some power but can't justify another $500 for a couple ponies. Thanks for the response.