Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

VID: My basically stock T/A on the rollers!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VID: My basically stock T/A on the rollers!

This was at the annual NEPO Spring Dyno meet. For those that don't know, NEPO = North Eastern Probe Owners. My previous car was a Mazda MX-6 and MX-6 = Probe, so i've gotten QUITE involved in all things Probe-related. So yeah, that's the back-story.

The details?
Basically Stock 98 WS6 T/A. "Power" mods are an SLP lid and a Flowmaster muffler.

283.4 whp @ 5300 RPM
295.6 ft-lbs @ 4200 RPM
275+ ft-lbs from 2500-5400 RPM

And last but certainly not least, the video:
http://videos.camaroz28.com/video/16...65785fb585.htm

Suddenly i have this strange urge to buy a cam. Something about getting over 300 whp i think.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Location: Butler county, right above slimey ass Cincinnati, OH

Not a bad start.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

gewt rid of that crap master and you owuld be over 300 to the wheels with lid and exhaust
Old 05-27-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

go with boltons first. it appears you have an m6 so getting over 300rwhp wont be difficult.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

I'm thinking magnaflow is next. The Flowmaster was there when i bought the car. I added the lid.

As far as other boltons, i'm not too much a fan of most bolton mods, as they're generally a compromise in reliability, comfort, etc. To be honest, i'll probably cam it and call it done. Really, the car is plenty quick as it is.

I'm not planning on drag racing it or anything. Just looking for a fun street car. A mild cam would, in my experience, enhance that without exhaust leaks from headers, low alrenator output from underdrive pullies, etc etc. I guess i've just had horrible past experience with bolt-on mods and i'm trying to keep the same disaster from happening again.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CajunCC
I'm thinking magnaflow is next. The Flowmaster was there when i bought the car. I added the lid.

As far as other boltons, i'm not too much a fan of most bolton mods, as they're generally a compromise in reliability, comfort, etc. To be honest, i'll probably cam it and call it done. Really, the car is plenty quick as it is.

I'm not planning on drag racing it or anything. Just looking for a fun street car. A mild cam would, in my experience, enhance that without exhaust leaks from headers, low alrenator output from underdrive pullies, etc etc. I guess i've just had horrible past experience with bolt-on mods and i'm trying to keep the same disaster from happening again.
i understand your concern about reliability.but a quality set of LTs will not leak,if they are installed correctly.it's been almost three years since mine were installed and i have no problems.to get the full benefits from a cam,you have to free up your exhaust.and i agree that with a good catback muffler,you will see over 300 rwhp.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CajunCC

Dont be a wuss i had the same concerns as you and i made 331hp and 345 lbs ft of tq. with a lid, tsp rumbler, pacesetter lt's and a tune. I daily rive it, have no exhaust leaks and am enjoying the hell out of it.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

you got a tune in it? looks like it seeing the A/F ratio like that
Old 05-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
you got a tune in it? looks like it seeing the A/F ratio like that
As far as I know, it's the factory tune. I can't imagine the previous owner doing a tune just for a crap muffler. *shrug*

On the mod list after a magnaflow catback is an HP Tuner setup. Sure i'm not gonna have a whole lot of NEED for it, but i'm the type of person who wants to be able to play around with stuff like that. Expensive? Yeah. Better to just take it somewhere and have it tuned? Probably. But doing it yourself has an element of pride. And it's fun.