Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Selling the motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Selling the motorcycle

Hi guys, I am trying to sell my motorcycle.....click here for the link.

I will probably use the cash to pay off debt and get my life in order, I'm getting too old to be stressing about bills every month. I dont use the bike that much anymore and I can always get another one. Without a doubt there will be another sports car or motorcycle but it is going to happen not this summer but next. Right now I just rather have the cash. I guess I'm getting old and boring.

If any of you guys have buddies who want a really good deal on a mint bike this is the way to go. Just keep an ear out for me if you would and refer people to me.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would keep it. Sounds good selling it now but on those warm days you will miss it and get pissed that you sold something that was paid off.Expecially if the $$ disapears into a wedding or something...LOL
Old 03-24-2010, 07:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen the bike and you know Joe takes care of his ****, so It's a good buy. GL with it man.

I was tempted with the bike thing, but thats as far as it got.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe listen to Don, I spent all of last weekend looking for a bike and just can't justify spending the money to get one, hell I was getting to the point where i was going to trade the mustang for a bike and cash.

I wish I still had my bike, if i had extra cash i would buy yours
Old 03-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Humanitarian

I put the bike up on Craigslist and a few hours later some guy paid cash and took it.

I moved out when I was 17, from 17 to 28 I have had every toy I ever wanted and **** I didnt even know I wanted, I own a condo and I have more then I need. The only thing I never had was a stacked savings account. I want 20,000.00 in my savings account by the end of this year and I really feel it is very possible.

I dont need anything else and I dont really even want anything else. Sure another sports car; this time with 800 rwhp will be nice but that will come. Right now I'm busy, I dont have a garage, I need to build a savings account and get my life in order.

Some people are happy with toys....I was, now that I have everything I am missing the one thing I never had; lots of money. I will be as happy as I was with my toys and I really think even happier if I have a savings account with 10,000.00 at the end of this month and 20,000.00 at the end of this year. I just want lots of money to look at, I want to go to sleep and know if I lose my job or if something happens that cost me alot of money I can take care of myself. The thought of coming up with cash last minute makes me nervous and it's harder to sleep and enjoy my day to day life.

Cash rules everything and I dont have enough. Like I keep saying....walking down the street knowing I have a bunch of money will make my life alot more enjoyable....at least for now. If I ever change my mind and want my nice car or whatever I'll be able to pay cash and then start re-building the savings account.

I may be getting old, I may be getting boring but I have had so much for so many years now. I need a more balanced life rather than the extreme on one side (toys) and the other extreme on the other side (no cash reserve).
Old 03-25-2010, 07:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Nice excuses Joe but we all know the $$ is for your wedding.... ***
You can still run and save all that $$$

Plus you know it would be smarter to pay off your car before building the big bank account.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Humanitarian

Nah, honestly, the wedding is being paid for cash. I've been putting 800-1000 into it each month. Save up 2000 in two months, then we send the cash to whomever needs it. We got a total amount up front, figured how much is due and when it is due and everytime another 1000 is due we just send the cash. Kind of a pay as you go thing. I think we owe a little bit more, we have 2 to 3 months and we'll have the cash saved up. When the wedding is over it is going to be over, me nor Michelle will continue to put money into a wedding once it is over. What's the point of paying for a wedding when you already did the ceremony/honeymoon....it's over. I dont want to pay for something that happened in the past. Save.....pay.....go and enjoy.

My car paid off? Ha, I dont even know if I'm keeping it. That might be next on the chopping block. Get rid of the car, free up another monthly bill and auto transfer that cash to my savings account every month. I figure if I'm used to not having the xxx.xx amount each month because of the car payment, why not get rid of the car and send that cash to my savings account automatically.

The car may stay and it may not. It's just a car, I dont care.

You always kept your focus when it came to not going further into debt, Marcel is pretty good with not digging a hole for himself. I just dont want to be one of those guys that's in his 30's and has every toy known to man and doesnt have two pennies to rub together. I should of just kept my first Camaro SS and saved the rest of the cash. I could of had 60,000.00 in my savings account by now.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

LOL the choices we make.

You're not alone Joe, If we could do it over again some things would change...
I'm with you now though I need to save some cake too!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Nah, honestly, the wedding is being paid for cash. I've been putting 800-1000 into it each month. Save up 2000 in two months, then we send the cash to whomever needs it. We got a total amount up front, figured how much is due and when it is due and everytime another 1000 is due we just send the cash. Kind of a pay as you go thing. I think we owe a little bit more, we have 2 to 3 months and we'll have the cash saved up. When the wedding is over it is going to be over, me nor Michelle will continue to put money into a wedding once it is over. What's the point of paying for a wedding when you already did the ceremony/honeymoon....it's over. I dont want to pay for something that happened in the past. Save.....pay.....go and enjoy.

My car paid off? Ha, I dont even know if I'm keeping it. That might be next on the chopping block. Get rid of the car, free up another monthly bill and auto transfer that cash to my savings account every month. I figure if I'm used to not having the xxx.xx amount each month because of the car payment, why not get rid of the car and send that cash to my savings account automatically.

The car may stay and it may not. It's just a car, I dont care.

You always kept your focus when it came to not going further into debt, Marcel is pretty good with not digging a hole for himself. I just dont want to be one of those guys that's in his 30's and has every toy known to man and doesnt have two pennies to rub together. I should of just kept my first Camaro SS and saved the rest of the cash. I could of had 60,000.00 in my savings account by now.

I may be young and dumb but isn't money meant to be spent ? I can see having a large bank account for a security blanket if you lose your job or something. Or maybe you are planning to invest your money and increase your wealth ? Either way...good luck to you.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well a large bank account means nothing if there is still alot of dept.Pay off dept and be broke.

I gave Marcel this whole speach when he got the house and now look at him.I wish my wife would of listened.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Well a large bank account means nothing if there is still alot of dept.Pay off dept and be broke.

I gave Marcel this whole speach when he got the house and now look at him.I wish my wife would of listened.
Got that right about debt., esp compounded interest.

Yeah what is it with wive's and money anyways, must be programed that way.

Robot voice "Must buy **** that doesn't matter"

Joe, getting married is not a wise investment strategy, lol. Doesn't seem to stop us though...
Old 03-25-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Junkie

The way I look at it is, if i die tomorrow what good was it saving that money lol
Old 03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Humanitarian

Marco - In this day and age your more likely to lose your job then die tomorrow. Your worried about dying, I'm more worried about mortgage, food, clothes, electric blah blah blah. Stuff that I feel will become a problem sooner then death will (or at least thats what I'm hoping).

Brians91forumla - I am worried about losing my job. Everything sucks right now, I have lived my life off the larger income I came into when I took my current job. I want to save up money so if I lose my job A.) I live my life like someone who makes 35,000.00 a year B.) I have enough money to live for 2 years without any help C.) After a certian point of money saved trust me I'll be more than happy to start spending all of the rest.

I dont have alot of debt....I want to hold onto the condo debt because I can write it off . The rest of the stuff I owe on is petty aside from my car. If I get rid of the Subaru I'll basically be debt free aside from the condo. If I take my time and pay off my debt at a slow pace, at the end of 2010 everything will be paid, the only bills I will have left is a condo and car.......maybe the car will be gone and I'll just have the condo.