Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

south nj clutch install?? where?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default south nj clutch install?? where?

so i bought my 2002 ws6 one week and 2 days ago and i need a clutch and am both to lazy and paranoid to do it myself. i've called a couple of different shops and my lowest price for an install is $400 can anyone get me a better price? the cars my daily driver so i am paranoid that if i did the swap myself i might mess something up or not get it done in time so who do you recomend whether its an actual shop or a fellow ls1 owner who does some side work. please get back to me, my clutch is not slippen YET but the clutch is not fully engaging until the pedal is almost let all the way out. i'm a cheap skate i know but atleast i'm trying to get good stuff and good work right? (i work a sh*t job and have car payments lol but im tryin)
Old 04-05-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i know a guy in TR if thats not too far that works out of his house but hes fixed mine and my friends trans. mine many times. hes been working on them for a long time and is very good. pm if youre interested but i dont recommend people that arent good.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:06 AM
FormerVendor

I could do it one weekend on my lift for a good price if you can not find anyone else. It would not take long if all the parts are there.What clutch setup were you wanting to get installed?I am in northern delaware so it shouldnt be to far from you.PM me if you are interested.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Feel free to give me a call ide be more than happy to help you out... i can beat that price... PM me...
Old 04-06-2008, 02:39 AM
12 Second Club

im interested in your price for a clutch install frans96ss...
Old 04-06-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'm interested in all of your prices actually and i was gonna go with the ls7 clutch kit or a centerforce with an aluminum flywheel depending on the price of install. im most likely going to just go with the ls7 clutch kit though because its cheap and from what i read on here a good quality product, and than i was thinking about the brass pilot bushing that i read about people doing on here instead of the bearing and i would just go to autozone for the throw out bearing and alignment tool. i will pm those that said they can do it later today thanks guys.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by razorclaw99
im interested in your price for a clutch install frans96ss...
PM Sent

Originally Posted by chevrunner21
i'm interested in all of your prices actually and i was gonna go with the ls7 clutch kit or a centerforce with an aluminum flywheel depending on the price of install. im most likely going to just go with the ls7 clutch kit though because its cheap and from what i read on here a good quality product, and than i was thinking about the brass pilot bushing that i read about people doing on here instead of the bearing and i would just go to autozone for the throw out bearing and alignment tool. i will pm those that said they can do it later today thanks guys.
PM Sent
Old 04-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Launching!

i will vouche for frans prices on clutch replacement. He did my SPEC stage 2 and rear main seal for a very reasonable price and had a quick turnaround.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for replying guys im still looking for somewhere close and cheap that wont screw me.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chevrunner21
thanks for replying guys im still looking for somewhere close and cheap that wont screw me.
There is sign in my buddies shop:

Good, Fast, Cheap

Good and fast doesn't come cheap

Fast and cheap probably isn't that good

Good and cheap isn't going to be fast

You can have any two of the three, but not all three.

Don't shop on price alone. The down time to take it back apart is far more expensive. Good luck. I think the LS7 would be a good choice for DD.

Chris
Old 04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

i'm not really lookin for cheap just cheaper lol. and i need good work in a day since its my only daily driver. so far it looks like im just going to go to all out performance in glassboro seein as how it was my best local price. unless i get a better quote lol.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Banned

im not far from jersey at all.... right over the bridge right off I95.... feel free to mapquest it and see how far i am.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

+1 for Fran at RPM