Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

When selling or buying what would you consider "Brand New"

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When selling or buying what would you consider "Brand New"

Ok I bought a nitrous kit from a guy on the board that was advertised as missing jets but Brand New. I made an assumption that it had not been installed and would come with all the parts shown in the link he gave me to a the manufacturers website.

When I got it the kit the parts were in sandwich bags. The off/on switch on the website was a lighted unit, the one I got was not. The kit was partially assembled and it was obvious that it had been put together because the fittings had markings from being put together. No biggy right? Well the picture on Hariss's website showed a bottle mount, a WOT switch, and a bundle of wiring not included in this kit I was sent.

So PM the guy and he gets all offended that I told him it wasnt "BRAND NEW". He claimed he would ship a bottle mount and WOT switch but basically called me stupid about the wires/harness(which is clearly on Haris Website for this item). He said no kits come with a harness and I had to figure out how to wire it myself.

OK now it has been over a week and no additional parts. He has read my posts because I got the confirmation of that. He wont reply.

What do you guys think?? Before I leave him negative and blast his name all over the site I wanted some input and suggestions. Those of you that know me know I wouldnt lie about something like this, and mrr23 can verify the incomplete kit because it is sitting at his shop now.

Thanks guys
Old 08-11-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the person you bought it from is a jackass. How can he deny that is comes with wiring? Last time I checked kits normally come with the relays and wiring needed for installation.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like BS to me.

I'd demand a 100% refund.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

No it has the relays and solenoid, just no harness(I can handle that I have tons of wire laying around) but the other parts will cost some money to replace. Robert gave me a WOT switch and jets to use, but the bottle bracket will cost me some money.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Brand new woulld be considered never used still in package...... If it was advertised as brand new, but clearly wasn't still in the original package, that would be false advertising. Conact the guy and see if he will refund partial payment or a full refund for the return of the item. Also, most kits come with a harnes and diagram along with instruction. If you can not come to an agreement through PM's, start a thread in the negitive member feedback section to see if that will result to further action from the seller. Also, linking this thread to the seller may help out as well, and linking the orginal sale thread to this thread so the members can see the whole story for themselves.

Good luck.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah that is what I thought as well. I dont want to "out" him til I have exhausted all other avenues He wont respond to my PMs. He claimed he would send a couple parts to make it more or less installable. If I get the parts he said he would send great, but if he doesnt reply and it doesnt show up by Monday all hell will break loose.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

all new kits come with bottle brackets, wot switch, harness,relays, pills. Did he give you a nice discount to make up for the missing items?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

brand new= still in original packaging
brand new condition= out of packagbe but never used..
like new= used but great shape..

so on and so forth..

**** him blast his name.. see how he likes that..
Old 08-11-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got the single stage dry Harris kit for $175. I really wanted a wet kit, but I figured what the hell for that price. Now I gotta replace all these parts, I might as well have bought it new. And all the aggrevation of dealing with someone that obviously doesnt care that someone called him on missrepresenting his item. In his defense, the ad did say the pills were missing. But what are we talking about there, $5 or so? I figure if I have to buy all the items missing brand new, I will have to spend in the $90 to $100 range with shipping and all. So now I got a used kit for what a new one would have cost. And it is not really what I wanted.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

how does it hook
Old 08-11-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 396D1SS
how does it hook
So far I have only driven it a few miles. The tranny is having some small issues and I dont want to break it just yet. BUT it definately hooks up better than the Michelin Pilots that were on there before. I still havent sold my old rims though, so if you know of anyone that wants some Y2Ks, they are nice.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just filed a claim with Paypal. Lets see what he does now. Hopefully the right thing.

He is not local in case anyone is interested. I wouldnt have paid him had I seen it first. I didnt even ask for pics because "brand new" is assumed to be "brand new" and pics arent really necessary in my opinion.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

doesn't matter if its brand new or not i always want pictures of it and not the ones on the internet. i learned the hard way also.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

New condition and 'Brand New' obviously are 2 different things. New condition would be unused and uninstalled or at least installed and never used ... no scratches ... just like you'd taken it right out of the box (IMHO).

Brand New to me would mean unopened packaging or opened for invemtory and uses for no other purpose. I think the guy owes you the moeny back, the shipping both ways and a minimum of 10% of the entire transaction including the cost of the kit rolled up with the shipping charges ... just for f**king you over and wasting your time.

Out of 100+ times I have sold on Ebay the past few years, I only had one person (the kind you can NEVER please) to not be satisfied ... said the iten was not as advertised ... he obviously did not readt the description ot look at the pristine pics I posted. I STILL was unhappy that he wasn't satisfied and the above is the approach I took. The guy felt i didn't do him right, so, he actually made 10% of all applicable costs, including the shipment he was supposed to pay for the shipping to him.

You gotta' do people right in this life. He owes you bigtime after he obviously advertised the kit as Brand New.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Allright here is the origional thread in case there is any scepticism as to what he advertised. Now that my thoughts of Brand New are obviously the norm, I dont have a problem with people seeing the auction. He has sold a bunch of stuff on here and has a pretty good reputation, so I dont understand why he is doing me this way.

I know better than to not ask for pics, but I slipped a bit on this one.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/757681-big-part-out-ls1-performance-stuff.html

My printer is down or I would print that out, because my concern is that he will go in and edit it. Can anyone print th
Old 08-11-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Allright here is the origional thread in case there is any scepticism as to what he advertised. Now that my thoughts of Brand New are obviously the norm, I dont have a problem with people seeing the thread. He has sold a bunch of stuff on here and has a pretty good reputation, so I dont understand why he is doing me this way.

I know better than to not ask for pics, but I slipped a bit on this one.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757681

My printer is down or I would print that out, because my concern is that he will go in and edit it. Can anyone print that out for me?
Old 08-11-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now you own the text ... just copy and save it as a word doc.
'Guys I have some parts left over after the STS kit was put on and I want to offer them to yall before I put them in a box and up in storage!!

1) SLP Air Lid - PERFECT condition.. It was on my 2000, I dont know what other model years it fits! - SOLD!

2) SLP Smooth Bellow - PERFECT - agian on my 2000 - SOLD!

3) Harris Speedworks Dry Kit for LS1 Needs Jets- BRAND NEW!!! - SOLD!

4) Powder Coated Thorttle Body Mount WOT switch - SOLD!

5) BRAND NEW ZEX Bottle Heater with Built in Thermostat! - $125 shipped

6) BMN Nitrous Controller BRAND NEW! (Includes Window Switch, Timing, etc) 100 shipped

7) Custom LS1 F-Body Center Console Switch Panel (Purge, Two Aircraft Switches, and Gauge Holder) 85 shipped

8) HP tuners - Bought in 2006 Used MAYBE 5 times... It is for ANY 2001 Camaro/firebird... New suite 2.17 is downloadable FOR FREE on customer home page, Includes HP Tuners CD, Cable, USB Adapter - 350 Shipped

9) TURBO STUFF!

STS DUAL STAGE Boost Controller 0-15 Electronic 150 shipped

Triple Pillar Pod (I order 2 on accident) - 75 shipped

TiAL BOV BRANDNEW (decided not to use this)- 300 Shipped

BRANDNEW Walbro 255 intank - 125 shipped

my feedback speaks for itself! If you have an offer, PM it to me! and we can work something out!

Show: Black ZR1's 315's in the rear, RS body kit, Clear Halos, Tinted Windows, SS Hood...

MORE TO COME!

Thanks to Vengeance Racing in ATL!!!!!!!!!'
Last edited by 2000TurboVert : 07-30-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome, thanks.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

The bottle should look brand new, all shiney an ****, and seriously never should have been filled (not saying it has, just that would instantly be a used kit). Your right, you could have gotten a new kit for all the hassle, i'd try an get your money back an ship that junk back to him.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

How would I know if it had been filled before?

Quick Reply: When selling or buying what would you consider "Brand New"