LS2 F1A new build. Let the fun begin.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrOmm
The Burkhart Bumper Support just arrived & we were able to get the
Procharger race FMIC installed.

Bumper support needed some modification to get the job done.
1, The support bars were blocking the inlet/outlet on the IC.
2, A portion of the mounting brackets also encroached into the IC
( as they both mount to the original stock bumper location).

Both pieces are quality items & I'm very satisfied with the result.

In a nutshell, in an effort to mount this IC with this bumper support:
The mount brackets on the BS had to be trimmed ( see pics). The brackets on the IC needed an additional fabricated sheet ( bracket extention) to extend the mount a little lower. Effectively lowering the IC about 3/4". The remaining BS mount holes needed to be drilled/relocated to accommodate the adjustment to allow the support bars to clear the inlet/outlet.

In addition, the lower 2 dowel like mounts on the BS are not needed and would never fit with this IC ... so they were removed as well.
I hope the pics show below.
Looking good, glad to see you got the procharger cooler to fit the way you like. Any problems with the bumper fitting with the inlet and outlet of the cooler below the bumper support? The way the camaro fog lights sit in the bumper I mounted my cooler higher than you did.

Also noticed Burkhart changed the support some... Yours has 2 vertical bars in the front and mine from last year only has 1 in the middle.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBadWhitey
Very excited to see how this turns out.
I have a similar build, similar compression, bigger displacement but smaller blower setup in the works.
Love it.
Shooting for any specific numbers?
What I am truly shooting for is this private roller coaster to melt my face off & put my stomach to my back in 2nd & 3rd gear. However, with that said I expect to see about 750 to the wheels with an early introduction of the torque curve.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by conan
Looking good, glad to see you got the procharger cooler to fit the way you like. Any problems with the bumper fitting with the inlet and outlet of the cooler below the bumper support? The way the camaro fog lights sit in the bumper I mounted my cooler higher than you did.

Also noticed Burkhart changed the support some... Yours has 2 vertical bars in the front and mine from last year only has 1 in the middle.
If I'm not mistaken the reason for the verticals bars is that my support is designed for the TA while yours is specific to the Camaro. Burkhart makes a distinction between he two. Their web site shows only the Camaro version, but gives a choice between the two. I have to say that this is a well made & sturdy support. Chuck @ Burkhart was a pleasure to work with.
Re; the bumper fitting. Haven't gotten their yet but looks like a non issue. Truth is every upgrade that we have applied needed some sort of modification .
It's all part of the experience, right !
Old 12-13-2014, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

If I'm not mistaken the reason for the verticals bars is that my support is designed for the TA while yours is specific to the Camaro. Burkhart makes a distinction between he two. Their web site shows only the Camaro version, but gives a choice between the two. I have to say that this is a well made & sturdy support. Chuck @ Burkhart was a pleasure to work with.
Re; the bumper fitting. Haven't gotten their yet but looks like a non issue. Truth is every upgrade that we have applied needed some sort of modification .
It's all part of the experience, right !
Now that you mention it Chuck did ask me too if this was a Camaro or T/A F-body.

I hear ya on the "experience" comment lol. I had my car apart for 16 months last time around. Spent alot of extra time on the fit and finish rather than just getting it all crammed in the car.

Keep fighting the good fight, she's looking good.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:02 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm really curious to see your results as well. We have very similar builds. What stroke did you go with?

EDIT: just saw the stock crank. I went with a 4.00" forged crank, so I'm at 416", so I'm hoping to go north of 800 tq.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:49 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good. Best of luck with it.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I'm really curious to see your results as well. We have very similar builds. What stroke did you go with?

EDIT: just saw the stock crank. I went with a 4.00" forged crank, so I'm at 416", so I'm hoping to go north of 800 tq.
We are both in fathom territory when it comes to torque on a street car .... But it's going to be fun to drive till it gets squirrelly on the rear wheels !!
It's gonna be a while before we get it on the rollers, I have to break in the new clutch first. We have to finish a few wiring details, get the top end in place, set up the catch cans, replace the coolant reservoir ( it's rubbing on the inlet pipe), heat shield the gas tank from the exhaust routing etc, etc, before we can even crank it over. However, I will get an exhaust review for you if your still interested.
FYI : I'm leaving the original Kooks cans in place for about a week after driving. Then I will replace with the B&B bullets. It will help me make the comparison.

It's funny, I'm friggin 50 years old and I'm feeling giddy @ Christmas time like when I was a kid. This **** is the best drug ever known to guys like us !
Old 12-13-2014, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Looks good. Best of luck with it.
Thanks, I always appreciate your advice on the boards.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Now that you mention it Chuck did ask me too if this was a Camaro or T/A F-body.

I hear ya on the "experience" comment lol. I had my car apart for 16 months last time around. Spent alot of extra time on the fit and finish rather than just getting it all crammed in the car.

Keep fighting the good fight, she's looking good.
It really pays off to take your time & think it through.
The car has been in the shop so long that friends a family don't think I own it anymore. My neighbors are making comments like " I didn't want say anything but I'm glad I don't have to hear that animal warm up very morning ". I just grin & say " your gonna love 2015 ".
Old 02-03-2015, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its starting to look like a ProCharger build !

A few details left:
-last minute upgrade to fuel lines
-need to work out what will work off the stock ECU & not, finish off the wiring.
-catch cans
-wrap the cross pipe off the exhaust (under fuel tank)
the small detail list goes on forever. I'm still having problems getting the truck hat to fit. The inlet wants run right across the IC pipe. Not sure how others have done it ?? I may just fall back to the stock inlet hat.
I will say that the bumper slid right over the Burkhart Support (fits like a glove). I love how the BOV is visible through the vent.

Its dirty .... but its a work in progress.
Attached Thumbnails LS2 F1A new build. Let the fun begin.-front-end.jpg   LS2 F1A new build. Let the fun begin.-bov-front-end.jpg  
Old 02-03-2015, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like the By-pass hiding in there, looking good.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

Our builds are very similiar I bought the f1c formula from wes last july Brought it home after driving it maybe a mile at his house never over 3000 rpm and took it apart to put in ac and improve the air inlet/filter setup. Things kind of snow balled and then deer season and the holidays ect I got back to work on it and maybe it will be irritating the neighbors soon mwc 9, alky control, kb bap, gz vacuum pump system, 14" brembos on the front with ccw 505s, more gauges, wide bands, be cool shifted forward at the bottom, aftermarket condensor and the aforementioned filter set up plus a lot of little things I am surely forgetting.

Same kind of thinking not a drag car but ought to lay it down pretty damn good

Interested in your true dual r&d Mine is loud but the blower is too i hope it is a little tamer the way i ran it Time will tell
Old 02-06-2015, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the By-pass hiding in there, looking good.
Thanks Brother !
She looks mean with the IC exposed through the fog holes & screen plate as well.
We may have found a solution to the truck hat situation. Take a look at the pic attached. On the right side ( in front of the ProCharger) you can see some sort of block attached to the frame rail. I think its the traction or cruise controller. Either way ....... its comin' out. This will allow for the truck intake to occupy that space as it should. Sometimes you can stare at things and not see the obvious.

This build is far beyond cruise or traction control anyway !!!!
Attached Thumbnails LS2 F1A new build. Let the fun begin.-criuse-control-removal.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 007FJ
Our builds are very similiar I bought the f1c formula from wes last july Brought it home after driving it maybe a mile at his house never over 3000 rpm and took it apart to put in ac and improve the air inlet/filter setup. Things kind of snow balled and then deer season and the holidays ect I got back to work on it and maybe it will be irritating the neighbors soon mwc 9, alky control, kb bap, gz vacuum pump system, 14" brembos on the front with ccw 505s, more gauges, wide bands, be cool shifted forward at the bottom, aftermarket condensor and the aforementioned filter set up plus a lot of little things I am surely forgetting.

Same kind of thinking not a drag car but ought to lay it down pretty damn good

Interested in your true dual r&d Mine is loud but the blower is too i hope it is a little tamer the way i ran it Time will tell
Re: True Duals.
I will give a detailed review of the exhaust in its original format as well as the modified version to follow. I'm not expecting any noticeable quieting of the system however, I don't want to prejudge what I know little about.

No one is more interested than me to hear it run. At this point ... this beast has been separated from the street for so long I would welcome the sound of two squirrels running on wheel.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Re: True Duals.
I will give a detailed review of the exhaust in its original format as well as the modified version to follow. I'm not expecting any noticeable quieting of the system however, I don't want to prejudge what I know little about.

No one is more interested than me to hear it run. At this point ... this beast has been separated from the street for so long I would welcome the sound of two squirrels running on wheel.
It helps to keep deer away too! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 02-10-2015, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
It helps to keep deer away too! Bob
I'm in So Florida ........ its the alligators that concern me !

Glad I was able to get your Truck & Filter to work. Too much is never enough with these builds.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm in So Florida ........ its the alligators that concern me !

Glad I was able to get your Truck & Filter to work. Too much is never enough with these builds.
Not sure how gators react to it. lol Glad to see you got it fitted.
Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-06-2015, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, another month has gone by ! Taking baby steps but coming nicely.
In an effort to make everything fit we had to fabricate the inlet piping & relocate the my Alcky Control pump ( not sure where yet).
Attached Thumbnails LS2 F1A new build. Let the fun begin.-final-ic-pipe.jpg  
Old 03-06-2015, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a pic of my Alky Control pump mounted. Also have the plastic cut to let the inlet tube fit alot better and below the Bypass Valve, sounds awesome!
Old 03-07-2015, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

....sub'd

Quick Reply: LS2 F1A new build. Let the fun begin.