Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Those running a T6 flange in a 4th gen f-body step inside...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Those running a T6 flange in a 4th gen f-body step inside...

I plan on fabbing up my hot side parts myself, and plan on mounting the turbo in front of the motor after standing the radiator up. This "should" give me enough room to run the turbo I want with the T6 flange. Ideally, I would want to run a 4" down pipe, then reduce it to my 3" exhaust. But I would like to see some pictures of other peoples T6 flanges with 4 inch down pipe fit under the hold of a 4th gen F-body so I know it fits, and I get ideas of how to fabricate it up.

Please post up pics of what you have.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Refer to my thread in my sig.
Heres the link.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...l#post17057599
Old 11-05-2014, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can see a picture of my setup in the my sig. I moved the radiator as far forward as I could. So it is more forward than most peoples that just stand their's up. Mine is T6 flange, and 4" downpipe through the drivers fender.
Attached Thumbnails Those running a T6 flange in a 4th gen f-body step inside...-20140420_130903.jpg  
Old 11-05-2014, 05:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Here is our new T6 kit. T6 Borg Warner S400 is a direct drop in. 5" to 4" down pipe standard. Most all T6 frame turbos are going to have larger than a 75mm turbine wheel, therefore anything less than the turbine's exducer would be a large restriction, i.e.. 3".
If you like the placement here, maybe our kit can save you a lot of time and money!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 11-05-2014, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the great pics everyone! This should help me with my build.

Superman09, I like your kit a lot, and I am likely going to go with an S400. However, this is for an LT1 car, so I doubt you have a kit for me

This is the reason I am likely to fabricate my own kit.

Please post up more pics! Most of these have the cutouts at the fenders. I plan on running 4" later reduced to 3" further in my cat back (street car).
Old 11-06-2014, 08:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Oh right on! Well if you need anything else for your build we would be happy to help out however possible!

Old 11-06-2014, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Superman09
Oh right on! Well if you need anything else for your build we would be happy to help out however possible!
Yes, make me a bolt in hotside kit for me and my LT1 like you do for the LS1! I would gladly buy it.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkee
Yes, make me a bolt in hotside kit for me and my LT1 like you do for the LS1! I would gladly buy it.
Just a set of our manifolds with an LT1 flange would probably do it, only other concern would be possibly the manifolds clearing accessories.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Just a set of our manifolds with an LT1 flange would probably do it, only other concern would be possibly the manifolds clearing accessories.
You would need LT1 manifolds as the head design is different on the LT1 style heads vs the LS1. The manifolds themselves will be the biggest hurdle and time consuming to fabricate. The other flange and downpipe parts of the hot side actually don't look too complicated to fabricate. I will not have A/C, but plan on keeping the power steering, so I should have a bit of room.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You would need LT1 manifolds as the head design is different on the LT1 style heads vs the LS1. The manifolds themselves will be the biggest hurdle and time consuming to fabricate. The other flange and downpipe parts of the hot side actually don't look too complicated to fabricate. I will not have A/C, but plan on keeping the power steering, so I should have a bit of room.
Absolutely, we have looked into doing a set of our manifolds for LT1's but the demand is simply not there. Wouldn't take much change, move 2 primaries in tighter on the LT1 flange.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mrstepheneades
Refer to my thread in my sig.
Heres the link.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...l#post17057599
I just read your entire build thread and I gotta say "wow". Really crazy the stock motor held that much abuse, and you were able to achieve so much with stock or cheap parts. Thank you for posting. From your build thread, and other pics that others have posted here I should have a good idea of what I will do when it comes fabrication time.

More T6 flange turbo pics welcome!
Old 11-08-2014, 10:05 AM
TECH Regular

Absolutely, we have looked into doing a set of our manifolds for LT1's but the demand is simply not there. Wouldn't take much change, move 2 primaries in tighter on the LT1 flange.
I know being an LT1 guy wanting to invest actual money into an expensive turbo build like this is rare. If you did ever make a kit in the near future, you would have at least one buyer
Old 11-08-2014, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

Take into consideration a turbo blanket(incase you want to run one in the future for spooling and engine bay heat)mines a t4 but has a dei blanket so it's physically about the same size as a t6. And it is literally 1/4 inch from my power steering pump and about 3 inches from my rad. . My rad is stood up and flush mounted in the core support so the cap is coming through the support, running pusher spal 10" fans
Attached Thumbnails Those running a T6 flange in a 4th gen f-body step inside...-1028141109.jpg  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ws6turbo
Take into consideration a turbo blanket(incase you want to run one in the future for spooling and engine bay heat)mines a t4 but has a dei blanket so it's physically about the same size as a t6. And it is literally 1/4 inch from my power steering pump and about 3 inches from my rad. . My rad is stood up and flush mounted in the core support so the cap is coming through the support, running pusher spal 10" fans
Flush mounted Griffin . Fits like a glove.and looks clean too plus you gain a few inches for that big ol t6, fyi my t4 spools around 3500 and when I put that blanket on it made a night and day dif in spool time(now I see why there 200) I would just plan for a blanket off the bat, just my 2 cents tho,

Also I'm running 4"dp and 3" borla and I plan to put a cutout at the end of dp where 3" starts, I saved room to do this down the road, I have a turbo k member,
Old 11-08-2014, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

..,,...,. Free bump
Attached Thumbnails Those running a T6 flange in a 4th gen f-body step inside...-1028141047.jpg  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

Little tip I'll give that may save you time,, being that the bw gets so hot and your setting it next to your drive belt you nite want to put a upgraded belt right away to avoid the loooong headache I had, I tried every off the shelf belt, gates and everything would heat up and stretch in under 100 miles so after swapping belt after belt I got a (green HD fleetrunners belt from gates, according to the gate tech I spoke with these are stronger than the blue racing belt, and half the cost so if they make your size pick one up, there only like $50 ,,,,

Another tip and headache I had was the fan setup, I tried numerous fans on the pull side and it would never keep cool sitting after ten minutes idle,, my end result was 2 10" pusher curve blades from spal... I let it idle for over a hour and bow with the spals it's good,, hope this helps, sure woulda saved me time and money if I woulda just went strait to these parts instead of trial and error until I found them.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my setup. not sure if it helps or not
Old 11-08-2014, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ws6turbo
Little tip I'll give that may save you time,, being that the bw gets so hot and your setting it next to your drive belt you nite want to put a upgraded belt right away to avoid the loooong headache I had, I tried every off the shelf belt, gates and everything would heat up and stretch in under 100 miles so after swapping belt after belt I got a (green HD fleetrunners belt from gates, according to the gate tech I spoke with these are stronger than the blue racing belt, and half the cost so if they make your size pick one up, there only like $50 ,,,,

Another tip and headache I had was the fan setup, I tried numerous fans on the pull side and it would never keep cool sitting after ten minutes idle,, my end result was 2 10" pusher curve blades from spal... I let it idle for over a hour and bow with the spals it's good,, hope this helps, sure woulda saved me time and money if I woulda just went strait to these parts instead of trial and error until I found them.

Thank you for the tips. This will all help me start at a better point than totally from scratch. I had planned on running a turbo blanket and also was going to stand up a griffin radiator, but I did not consider the belt stretching. Do you have a link to the gates website?
Old 11-08-2014, 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

Thank you for the tips. This will all help me start at a better point than totally from scratch. I had planned on running a turbo blanket and also was going to stand up a griffin radiator, but I did not consider the belt stretching. Do you have a link to the gates website?
I don't sorry, I just called up gates and talked to a tech during business hours, and I told them the length and rib# I needed and he gave me a part number, then I special ordered from orielys ( this way if it stretches I can get a new one next day) lifetime warranty, I have been running the belt with no tensioner now for couple hundred miles and hasn't stretch one bit... something about tensile in the belt

They don't list the belt belt for our car motors so you will have to call up gates for a part number, as the idiots at orielys can't cross reference ****. But gates will have you on you way in minutes after calling
Old 11-08-2014, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

^^ I relocated my alt for clearance to the top pass side, so my belt size was like 70" ... hope they have something for what you need. If not my next choice would be the blue gates racing belt but the tech I talked to said the blue is 3x as strong as as the reg gates, and he said they have never tested the green fleet belt but he knew it was at least stronger than the blue belt but not sure by how much.

Quick Reply: Those running a T6 flange in a 4th gen f-body step inside...