Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Buying ls3 want forced induction whats the best

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying ls3 want forced induction whats the best

Hi im going to buy a ls3 for my 88 firebird would like to do forced induction was doing some looking around online to see whats out them seems like alot was just looking for some tips and any advice i could get

thanks
Old 11-23-2015, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking to go Turbo or Supercharger ?
Forged LS3 ?
Power goals ?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Lol. Coming in here saying you want the best forced induction and giving no more info at all is like walking into congress and asking who is the best guy there.

Unless you give full details of everything you want, you'll get some pointless info.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Supercharger will be an easier install, can be more expensive, overall very simple for diy backyard mechanic. Turbos are considerably more complicated, way more power potential and better way cool factor! No belt slip issues either. I just switched from procharger after almost 10 years of running them. I was very disappointed in there warentee policies and ultimately I was looking for a lot more power than I could do with a reasonable head unit from procharger. (I.E. f2 f3) if your looking at turbos give Huron speed a call. They've been awesome with me. If supercharger give Bob at brute speed a call. Been dealing with him since day one of my FI days and he is phenomenal to deal with. Just my opinion, I'm sure there's lots of different ones out here
Old 11-23-2015, 01:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lmt0705
Supercharger will be an easier install, can be more expensive, overall very simple for diy backyard mechanic. Turbos are considerably more complicated, way more power potential and better way cool factor! No belt slip issues either. I just switched from procharger after almost 10 years of running them. I was very disappointed in there warentee policies and ultimately I was looking for a lot more power than I could do with a reasonable head unit from procharger. (I.E. f2 f3) if your looking at turbos give Huron speed a call. They've been awesome with me. If supercharger give Bob at brute speed a call. Been dealing with him since day one of my FI days and he is phenomenal to deal with. Just my opinion, I'm sure there's lots of different ones out here
Thanks, I appreciate it! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 11-23-2015, 03:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lmt0705
I appreciate the referral, and the good review! thanks a ton.

-Casey

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 11-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Twin 88s will get you there
Old 11-24-2015, 10:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulC
Twin 88s will get you there
Na, he needs a pair of 116mm plus the new V130 Vortech, and maybe an F3 for good measure.....all on a SBE
Old 11-24-2015, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Corvette accessories, used A&A or ECS kit, and a direct drive, and you will be pretty happy, I bet. I went from turbo, to supercharger. Turbo was great and made great power, but too damn hot, after a few pulls, I had to cruise around so my car would cool off. Of course, not everybody has the same issues. Now, superchargerd, not one single problem. Maybe a little less thrust, but It is dead nuts reliable, and it like built in traction control.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Another vote for blower with vette accessories.

Quick Reply: Buying ls3 want forced induction whats the best