Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How many Run with Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Building Plans for a Truck Manifold Turbo Setup

I need guidance , some pictures and advice from those who have went this route. It would help me and others thinking of doing the same. I have studied the sticky and learned alot . Also list what you would change if you were to do it over again. It seems pretty straight forward. I plan on 2.5'' crossover 3'' down pipe until I can get a Aftermarket K then I will run 4''

My car is stock . I accept losing the a/c for the power gain and it is hot here in Texas . This will be done paycheck to paycheck so it will take me a while to gather the parts. One positive thing is it will be paid for .

The car has T56 rebuilds rebuilt 6 speed / Ram HD clutch pressureplate/ matching sfi steel flywheel and a stock 3.42 10bolt , soon to be replaced with a dana60 .

Goals are to make 600rwhp / 6000rpms / 8-10 psi above atmospheric pressure on my stock 346ci ls1 ,more when I lower the compression and get serious wit it. From my searching it seems at that level a T76 will give me some room to grow . At 15psi , 6,000 rpm it shows a 74 percent effiency on a T76 map . I am not shure what T76 map I was looking at it did not say.

600rwhp is my goal but 500 will do for now . I know how to weld and fabricate . I know pretty much what I need . Just looking for second opinions and help on things I might miss .

Last edited by cws T/A; 08-15-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

T70-T76 turbo T4 flanged(many manufacturers of turbos, choose the one that fits your budget)
2.5 tubing
Oil drain to fit the turbo you pick, usually universal..usually
-3 or -4an oil feed line, can be found at many N2O stores.
-10an oil drainline
various fittings 1/8th NPT on up

Truck manifolds, get the 05+ are best, no emission crap
And the flanges listed in the FAQ right above.

Some skill at welding, and using the search button.
hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks frcefed98 any thing else you can think of please list I will be going this route .
How did the mpt70 work compared to the gt42 I seen youve tried both . Is their any inbetween for say under a grand ? One day when I dyno my DIY job with blood on it I would like the hp to be more than the torque . Dont want any backpressure issues . Seems inproper sized turbos for ci make more torque than hp is this correct?
Old 08-13-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cws T/A
thanks frcefed98 any thing else you can think of please list I will be going this route .
How did the mpt70 work compared to the gt42 I seen youve tried both . Is their any inbetween for say under a grand ? One day when I dyno my DIY job with blood on it I would like the hp to more than the torque . Dont want any backpressure issues .
a masterpower you could probably get for under a grand, or you could get a precision for just a hair over that.
theres alot of varibles to sugust a turbo, but if you stick with stock cubes a t76gts should give you plenty of power and not backpressure issues if the hotside is made well.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jose@Forcedinductions has a new turbo out that'll do good and it comes in just under 1k and will support about that much power too.

Never really got to test the T70 out(20mi if that), I put it on and parked the car. Ended up going to the hospital because my appendix went and then recovered for two weeks. Heard about Jose's new turbo and sold em both to get the funds for the new one.
J
Old 08-13-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

4.8-6.0 NON EGR Manifolds
truck manifold flanges
2.5 '' U bends
o2 sensor bungs
wastgate
t-4 or t-6 flange depends on turbo choice
TURBO
V-Band assemblies & V-Band Clamps
A bunch of 3'' U bends &straight sections
Intercooler
Silicone couplers & T-bolt clamps
oil feed & return lines
2 bar map sensor
60# motron injectors
boost refrenced fuel pressure regulator
fuel pump
6.0 L Cyl Heads
Tuning .. I know I left something out
Old 08-13-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ill do chromoly pushrods and ls2 timing chain with the stock cam for now
what heat plugs NGK TR-6 ?
ARP Head studs
Will GM Headgaskets work ?
Whats the best way to tap the pan for the drain fitting grease on the drill and tap ? or should it be welded in
Tubular K member will be coming in the future also so Ill try 4'' down pipe if it will fit later on to improve my setup from 3''down pipe with notched stock K member

Last edited by cws T/A; 08-15-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I'm right there with you man. Doing almost the exactg same build up as you. T76, truck heads, BMR k member, 3.5in DP, yada yada yada. The parts are slowly coming in as I polish my welding skills on scrap pieces.

Quick Reply: How many Run with Manifolds