Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

More News at KYTP.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default More News at KYTP.

We are at it again guys. I have been talking with the guys at Forced Inductions alot here as of late about their up comming line of F.I. Turbos and the ST and SX T4 flanged series of turbos that have been released.

I know some of you have PM'ed the guys at F.I. as well as me about weather or not these unit's will fit my setup. Up to date I have fitted a PT88 to my current Cross over. It fit but was on the tight side. The ST and SX units are roughly a 1/2 to 3/4 inch larger in diameter on the compressor housing than the PT88. The ST and SX unit also have a larger Down Pipe requirement that I am in the process of addressing.

I am currently 2 one off builds deep at the shop. On top of that I am re-designing my hot parts setup to better fit a larger selection on turbos. "Oh yeah the ST and SX along with the upcomming F.I. units are where it is at with a T4 flanged unit." It tends to be a slower process at the shop being I am a one man show and run on a much tighter budget than the larger shops. That and I refuse to to take your $$$ money $$$ until I can commit to your build. (Keep in mind I still have a full time job on top of the shop)

I am sorry if the time line on the new hot parts drives some of you to other shops. I can deal with that to be able to deliver a well designed setup for those of you that can stand the wait.

Please bear with me while I get caught up and make these changes. It will be worth the wait.

Feel Free to PM me or Call with any questions.

(I am also in the process of selling my 1972 Slit Bumper Camaro to pick up another LS1 F-Body for the shop. I knew it wouldnt take long before I would want another LS1 car)

Last edited by Josh @ KYTP; 11-20-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:30 AM
Banned

Update:

I am finally getting back into a LS1 F-Body. I am picking up a 99 Z28 roller for the shop Saturday afternoon. I will be using it to produce and test new setups at the shop.

I decided this time around I wanted a 6spd or 4L80E. I am aiming to keep this Z28 more street car oriented than drag car oriented. Something different this time around. Now I need to get a front mount turbo setup done that keeps the A/C at a reasonable price. I am aiming for the street car crowd with this setup. A nice setup that makes good power on the stock longblock and keeps the A/C blowing COLD on those hot summer days.

Last edited by Josh @ KYTP; 11-21-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

bad *** bro, your doing a great job, and good luck
Old 11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

AC is a must. Keep up the good work. Good luck
Old 11-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Banned

A/C and creature comforts are the idea behind the new shop car. I am hoping to end up with a solid setup using good parts and making decent power on the factroy Longblock. When it pops I am gonna toss in a low comression turbo ready engine and turn the boost up and see how far I can go with it.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With a nice ST unit in there it should fly.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

good choice on direction. There are a lot of us who want our daily drivers to perform but also be drivable in all conditions
Old 11-20-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadgeZ28
good choice on direction. There are a lot of us who want our daily drivers to perform but also be drivable in all conditions
Well said....
Old 11-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
With a nice ST unit in there it should fly.
Hmmmm .... I wonder how long the stock engine would last with one of those....
Old 11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Josh @ KYTP
Hmmmm .... I wonder how long the stock engine would last with one of those....
With good tuning and some good fuel...probably longer then you might think.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

So are you looking to do c6 manifold kits then? Run the new turbo k-member and C6 mani's and run pipes around the AC stuff. Would be pretty cool and the first ones out there! Thats a great goal to set for your kits, will target the biggest market....

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Banned

Okay in all seroiusness guys. What do you want to see?

-Keep the A/C is a given
-What kinda turbos? TC76MPS $1099 or ST80 $1699
-Of course it will have a FMIC
-Are you willing to pay to go with an aftermarket radiator?
-keeping all the pipes above the K-member?
-Relocating the Coils?

I have alot of idea's but the main goals with this car are A/C, Good Power and streetability. This wont be a Truck manifold setup. Looking a both Tube headers and Log setups. I want to keep the price feasible for the setup. No point in building it if nobody is willing to spend the $$$ on it.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Superman09
So are you looking to do c6 manifold kits then? Run the new turbo k-member and C6 mani's and run pipes around the AC stuff. Would be pretty cool and the first ones out there! Thats a great goal to set for your kits, will target the biggest market....
I have to get my hands on some of those manifolds and one of the BMR K-members. I am in the process of building a Hot parts setup for the 6.0L manifold guys who just want the charge pipe and down pipe. I have alot going on at the shop.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Josh @ KYTP
Okay in all seroiusness guys. What do you want to see?

-Keep the A/C is a given
-What kinda turbos? TC76MPS $1099 or ST80 $1699
-Of course it will have a FMIC
-Are you willing to pay to go with an aftermarket radiator?
-keeping all the pipes above the K-member?
-Relocating the Coils?

I have alot of idea's but the main goals with this car are A/C, Good Power and streetability. This wont be a Truck manifold setup. Looking a both Tube headers and Log setups. I want to keep the price feasible for the setup. No point in building it if nobody is willing to spend the $$$ on it.
I say make the kit adaptable for the Tc76 and then the ST series line.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

Thats pretty much what I am thinking. The TC76MPS got my old shop car into the 9.80's. That will be enough for most customers street cars. The ST80 I want to be an option for the more serious guys who like to push the edge.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From what I've seen, most people want a simple bolt on kit. Everything in the stock location, stock k member, and stock radiator. A tall order for sure, but most people don't have the ability to relocate and move things. I on the other had would like to see a kit with a lot of potential. Which would require a k member, larger radiator and the such. Good luck.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Well, if you really want a street performance package that is unbeatable, it must be fairly easy to install. It needs to not hang down below the K member for those of us who have lowered rides. The IC design could make or break the system in terms of install IMO. Maybe a out of the box thinking custom radiator that cools the engine and air? If you take up the space now used by the stock cooling fans that requires pushers, you encounter other problems. The stock AC condenser is very restrictive when it comes to pushing air through it. I ended up moving my condenser four inches forward which required some notching of the core support. I then sandwiched a big pusher between it and the radiator.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

Looks like you need a street kit and a race kit.

I for one would like to see a T6 setup that would handle an S88 or above. I don't care about A/C, I would not mind using an aftermarket radiator standing straight up and move the fans to the front, offer big DP's, etc. OFI is the only one that makes this type of kit so far that I can see.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned

The A/C is the biggest factor for this car. My last shop car had not air and no heat. It was built for a purpose.

The new shop car is mainly stock. I wanted to start with a clean slate on this car. I am not looking to set records. I want a driveable car that make good power. A simple plan, not so easy to produce.

FMIC & turbo placement as well as the down pipe routing are the biggest chores. Especially using the stock k-member.

Like I said I have a lot of ideas and I plan to try them out. I wont get in a hurry and release a setup that I haven't put through the ringer.

Well, back to work.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DanZ28
Looks like you need a street kit and a race kit.

I for one would like to see a T6 setup that would handle an S88 or above. I don't care about A/C, I would not mind using an aftermarket radiator standing straight up and move the fans to the front, offer big DP's, etc. OFI is the only one that makes this type of kit so far that I can see.
Those kits are easy to produce. As long as you understand that the radiator is gonna be aftermarket and the fans have to be moved its all good. When you step up to a setup like that the A/C is an after thought.

A/C is the pain to keep. That and its what everyone wants to keep.

Quick Reply: More News at KYTP.