Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger P600B on LS1???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger P600B on LS1???

Hey guys, I have a Procharger model P600 sitting around that came off my 90 Chevy pickup. I was thinking of trying to modify the brackets I have or possibly fab up new ones to fit onto the LS1. I don't know if anyone has tried this before and thats why I'm asking here. I'm not looking for super huge performance gains as I have a basically stock motor and can tune to my liking, otherwize I'd go for the D1. I'm just trying to use what I have.

Just FYI, this is a custom build LS1 in a 69 Camaro. I really havent put the head unit up to the motor yet, but where is everyone mounting thier SC's at?

Thanks for the help,

Joe
Old 02-07-2008, 04:31 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1391

This kit here uses the ProCharger GTO brackets for the 1st gen f body. The P600 though would require different brackets. The P600 would be dinky on an LS1, and I don't think you're going to find any brackets to make it work. Bob
Old 02-10-2008, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Do you need the F-Body acc for that bracket set up?

Thanks
Josh
Old 02-12-2008, 05:27 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ranger2339
Do you need the F-Body acc for that bracket set up?

Thanks
Josh
F Body or GTO accessories. Bob
Old 02-14-2008, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

Default hey

hey man i also got a p600 procharger and have a ls1. so you think it wont work out on a ls1 f body? what braket would it have to be? and what do you mean winky? winky as in how? thanks!!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:38 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by 4yall2nv
hey man i also got a p600 procharger and have a ls1. so you think it wont work out on a ls1 f body? what braket would it have to be? and what do you mean winky? winky as in how? thanks!!
Yes, you would have to make your own bracket assembly. I said it would be dinky, as in too small, not winky. lol Bob
Old 02-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I kinda agree with EPP with it being kinda "dinky". I would think the P600B would be a great SC on a 5.0 Stang or possibly any 6 or 4 cyl. I had it on my 90 Chevy pickup. It had a 5.7 in it and all was bone stock other than a tune. I had a 12 lb pulley on the SC and all the motor ever saw was between 8 and 10 lb's at most. This was thru a long series of intercooling tubing, so I think it would do better (more boost) without an intercooler (which I doubt I will do)...........well, for more boost anyway.....not performance. I'd rather have less boost intercooled that more boost un-intercooled. It just works better with coler air.

I havent had the chance to mock up some brackets yet, but if I ever do, I will post back to this thread.

Thanks guys,

Joe
Old 02-14-2008, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Default hey

oh ok, but i dont want my car to go super fast, i just want a lil more power. right now im hitting a 11.50 on motor how much faster do you think i can hit with that procharger? can i get into the low 10s or maybe high 9s? or about how many horses will it give me on your estimate? thanks!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh ok, but i dont want my car to go super fast
Thats what I said. Three years later I end up on a liter bike. You will always want to go faster.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

oh ok, but i dont want my car to go super fast, i just want a lil more power. right now im hitting a 11.50 on motor how much faster do you think i can hit with that procharger? can i get into the low 10s or maybe high 9s? or about how many horses will it give me on your estimate? thanks!!!
I'd be willing to bet you would be able to get about 5 to 6 #'s out of the 600B with an intercooler. I figure that would be about the max boost you would want to run on a stock motor anyway. If you are running 11's, it's more than likely not stock, but lets talk like it is. If you get 8 pounds out of it, you could be possibly in the mid 10's easy.

This is what I came up with on my 90 chevy pickup.........

One and only run on a drive on Mustang dyno........HP tune by LS Racing Chips, 107 octane aviation fuel, 3.73 gears stock 700R4 trans.......STOCK everything else.....201 RWHP.....don't know the TQ cause I lost the sheets.

First run out of three on a ????? drag behind, trailer style dyno with only 8#'s boost thru an intercooler, Aeremotive bypass FPR, a tune by LS Racing Chips, 93 octane, true dual 40 series flows, 3.73 gears......STOCK everything else (TBI fuel injection).......pulled a 301 RWHP @ 8#'s

Second run was 302 RWHP @ 8#'S. This was with no airflow over the intercooler.

Third and final run was with cold water flowing over the intercooler along with lots of airflow.....pulled a 351 RWHP with again 8#'s.

Not bad for a stock motor and I drove it this way for about a year. I was kinda tired of hearing the whine of that damn thing. It got 6 MPG better on the highway tho.

I never took it to a track because I really didn't think it was all that fast. It was pretty quick for a truck and hung well with a few Lighnings, but other than that, it wasent all that. I kinda miss it every once in a while.

Hope this helps man,

Joe
Old 02-15-2008, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Default Hey

Well Im Not Stock I Just Got All The Bolts Ons!!!!! Not Heads Or Cam But I Do Got A Cam Here In My House I Jsut Havent Put It On But Yeah Thanks For Your Info A Mid 10 Or A Lil Lower Is Good Enough For Me!!!! Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Procharger P600B on LS1???