Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Needing help with no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing help with no start

ok head gasket blew been replaced all good until i tried to start and ckp sensor threw code 0336 wires good grounds good replaced sensor and code went away.

Now the shop its at says its intermittent firing at best and will not crank

Shop says plugs are shot and needs new ones but im thinking he said also that the fuel pressure?? was supposed to be like 3 but its like 80 in two of the cylinders and two other cylinders arent moving as should be (he said they had low pressure).

Any ideas as to what is going on?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Teching In

car needs to have around 58pis of fuel pressure to run and as far as doing a compression check i no its more than 80 in all cylinders ther a ground on back of driver head check it ther 3 wires all in one make sure one has not broke off and thers one on front passenger side head thats all the grounds check fuse under hood to
Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 PM

it was 80 in one cylinder lol
Old 01-03-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

80 psi fuel pressure? Or cylinder compression? What modifications are done? Witch head gasket was replaced? Both? What plugs are you running?
From what I just read eather you are confused or the shop is trying to scam you for more money or they don't know what they are talking about. More decisive data is needed.
Was the battery checked, and the wires from/to it? How do you know the head gasket was bad? Were the plugs bad and the car ran like ****, so you took it to a shop and they SAID they replaced a"meaning 1" head gasket? Please give more accurate info
Old 01-03-2012, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by squirlNUTZ
80 psi fuel pressure? Or cylinder compression? What modifications are done? Witch head gasket was replaced? Both? What plugs are you running?
From what I just read eather you are confused or the shop is trying to scam you for more money or they don't know what they are talking about. More decisive data is needed.
Was the battery checked, and the wires from/to it? How do you know the head gasket was bad? Were the plugs bad and the car ran like ****, so you took it to a shop and they SAID they replaced a"meaning 1" head gasket? Please give more accurate info
fuel pressure/vararam intake and tune/right side head gasket was leaking then blew/same plugs as when i got the car which was a month ago/yes battery is fine/because there was water/coolant in the oil and the head gasket was messed up when we took it off/we replaced the head gasket they said it was a good job replacing it.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Teching In

well if its 80psi compression in two and the other two arent moving as should be sounds like said be 4 he dont no whats hes doing or hes just trying to scam u
Old 01-03-2012, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Andy fortner
well if its 80psi compression in two and the other two arent moving as should be sounds like said be 4 he dont no whats hes doing or hes just trying to scam u
gotcha ill check it out for myself and brg some others to have a look
Old 01-05-2012, 05:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

So. What happened ? Scam or what. The suspense is killing me
Old 01-05-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn it! He's in jail now after smashing out a Sorry *** scammer ? He will need us to raise bail money and get his car out of impound. It's the least we can do
Old 01-05-2012, 06:18 PM

lol he was trying to scam but he brought something up and i had that checked out at another shop...my motor is toast lol and warranty ran out sooo...gonna be a while heh
Old 01-06-2012, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, hope we helped and atleast you didn't go to jail.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:14 AM

lol i was goin nuts there for a while