Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Fabbed Rear Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fabbed Rear Brake Lines

I'm nearing completion of my prolonged build of my M9 Moser.

I've searched and only found a picture (1) of brake lines for fabbed rear ends. I'm sure lots of them have been sold and would love to see your guys/gals routing of brake lines. The TCS/ABS on the car is gone and it DOES still have individual lines coming back from the master cylinder. I've pulled the bracket off my 10-bolt today and figured this is as good a time as any to look for help/ideas.

For those looking at details, it's a Moser M9 housing using 35-spline Moser axles (gun drilled), 35-spline spool connected with a Ford 2.50:1 gear set using ARP hardware throughout. I have forgotten who made the torque arm adapter but I am thinking something like QTP or so. The 2.50 is for my primary gearset and later I'll finish off a 3.50:1 or so for the track. 5/8" wheel studs. The centersection is an old Ford WAR housing (not the N-type) and I hope it'll suffice for a while. Again, this is my street gears (and I don't street race).

So share your brake line setups!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If mine were driven on the street, I would move the tabs holding the lines to the back of the axle tubes so the bump stops couldnt hit them, but you get the idea.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. DUDE!!! THATS BEEFY!
2. Very close to what I had in mind and looks fantastic.
3. DUDE!!!

I just finished photo-chopping a similar idea for someone else whom responded to a PM and had this in mind.

Thanks!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Teching In

For the brake hose attachment point, I just welded a nut to the housing and sent a bolt thru the eyelet of the factory brake hose to hold it in place. Not sure if the 4 channel setup is similar or it there is a factory bracket that can be attached. With the back brace on mine it would have been a little more difficult to route the lines cleanly on the back of the axle tubes, but like I said, if you plan any street driving, be sure the lines cant be pinched by the bumpstops.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Launching!

GTA Matt,

What are the U bolts on the back of the control arm brackets for?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by reinhardt02
GTA Matt,

What are the U bolts on the back of the control arm brackets for?
those are for towing
this way you can clip on when towing on a trailer or something.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Yes, those are tie downs for strapping the car down on a trailer. No more wrestling with axle straps. Its a Burkhart chromoly housing. Pretty sure it is a standard option on them.

Last edited by GTA Matt; 05-01-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Launching!

Gotcha. Lemme ask the question. What did that work of art cost you? That is a nice looking axle housing. What do you have in the car you need an axle housing that beefy?
Old 05-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Teching In

It's probably a little overkill for my immediate plans, but I'm not sure what the future will hold and I've broken a dozen 10 bolts so I wanted to make this one bulletproof. I am also trying to save as much weight on the car as I could. It's got Mark Williams 40 spline gun drilled axles, lightweight spool and yukon case. Still working on the powerplant. Planning on running either ultra street or the local real street 275 class. Shooting for 1200 or so hp. Using an ls3 block and either a 76 or 80mm turbo depending on what class I decide to run. This is in a 3rd gen.

Quick Reply: Fabbed Rear Brake Lines