Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Edelbrock TA with 9in

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock TA with 9in

I have heard that the Edelbrock TA Non-Adjustable http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...mponents.shtml (3/4 down the page) will not work with the 9in. Doesnt it depend on the housing or are they all the same for the 9in? I would like to re-use my TA and would like to know if it is possible.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TranzAmMan
I have heard that the Edelbrock TA Non-Adjustable http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...mponents.shtml (3/4 down the page) will not work with the 9in. Doesnt it depend on the housing or are they all the same for the 9in? I would like to re-use my TA and would like to know if it is possible.
Nope it won't work, the bracket for the 9" is too thick for the back bolt, by the time you ground it out to fit, it would be a flimsy mess, just get a BMR or Spohn, thats what i had to do, my E torque arm is a fence post now lol, BTW, the BMR piece is a hell of alot stronger.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks a bunch LM97Z you saved me some time and now I have to spend more money for my 9''. But dont companies like moser buy the ring and pinon from ford and then put them into there rear ends using new bearring, new axles, and their housing. Meaning that diffrent companies like moser would all have diff housing meaning diffrent TA will work?
Oh and how do you like your 9in, i have heard a bunch of people having troble with moser.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

The UMI adjustable chassis-mounted torque arm will also bolt right up to the Moser 9".......I just did that an hour ago The UMI has 2x sets of mount holes. Used the outer 2 for the stock 10 bolt, had to use the inner 2 for the 9".
Old 07-02-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks a bunch LM97Z you saved me some time and now I have to spend more money for my 9''. But dont companies like moser buy the ring and pinon from ford and then put them into there rear ends using new bearring, new axles, and their housing. Meaning that diffrent companies like moser would all have diff housing meaning diffrent TA will work?
Oh and how do you like your 9in, i have heard a bunch of people having troble with moser.
I love my Moser 9", the quality is good IMO, i just have the houseing/axle package, my dumb *** went & bought a rebuilt 3rd. member off e-bag, come to find out its screwed up & wasn't rebuilt, now i'll be out another 500.00 getting it right, but in the end, i'm sure i'll never have issues with it, the moser 9" has a torque arm brace that bolts on the houseing, then the arm goes on it, the edelbrock arm is just too narrow in the mounteing area to go over the bolt holes & line up, just bite the bullit & buy another arm.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Will the BMR TA also fit my stock 10 bolt? Also Do I have to drop the tranny to get the TA installed?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont need to drop the tranny, and im pretty sure it fits the stock 10 bolt
Old 07-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Teching In

ok, Thanks a bunch for all your help.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Schantin
The UMI adjustable chassis-mounted torque arm will also bolt right up to the Moser 9".......I just did that an hour ago The UMI has 2x sets of mount holes. Used the outer 2 for the stock 10 bolt, had to use the inner 2 for the 9".
Thanks for the order and yes this item will bolt right up to the 9" very nicely.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Will the BMR TA also fit my stock 10 bolt? Also Do I have to drop the tranny to get the TA installed?
Yes our adjustable T/A will fit your stock 10 bolt. No you will not need to drop your tranny to install it. If you have any questions please give us a call. Our tech/sales dept is open til 6pm est.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!