General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Do you guys show your 4th gen fbodys?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys show your 4th gen fbodys?

Do you guys show your 7+ year old camaros/trans ams at your local car shows? I have always wonder how others have felt about having newer cars at a car show. Do you think the have to be moded either performance or apperance or is a completly stock 4th gen show worthy?
Old 06-27-2009, 01:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001taws6
Do you guys show your 7+ year old camaros/trans ams at your local car shows? I have always wonder how others have felt about having newer cars at a car show. Do you think the have to be moded either performance or apperance or is a completly stock 4th gen show worthy?
See sig. for my car. And my car is 16 Years old haha

The "older" F-bodies are the most abundant at car shows next to the foxbody mustangs and 05 Models. So no I dont feel out of place.

As for appearance the paint, chrome wheels, drop and CME do help my car get noticed more.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

I used to. Now I really don't care what anyone thinks of my car. I just try to enjoy it for my self. I used to enter mine and look at the other cars, but I feel 99% I've seen it all now. Nothing is impressive to look at from model Ts to murcielagos or whatever.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:31 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I've participated in about 50 car shows. As far as drawing interest or winning awards, it has a lot to do with the type of show and the judging. Most of the shows I go to have more older cars than newer, but all the old cars were new at one time too Then there are the f-body-specific shows that are lots of fun since you're with others that share the same interest.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've narrowed my car show selection down to judged shows only. Seems to be that most of the local shows are participant judging...and when you have mustang clubs and so on there you dont really have a shot at anything They just vote for each other... Example- I went to a small participant judged event one year and a 03 mach 1 took best of show AND 1st in our class. I didnt place... Two weeks later we are at another show (judged) and i get 1st and he gets 2nd
Old 06-27-2009, 05:44 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't stand people bringing in new cars that they haven't done a damn thing to, if they have a class for it then fine.

But that is just me
Old 06-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Banned

personaly for me ill go to shows regardless of winning or not. i enjoy being around other car enthusiests or however you spell it.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00 SiLvEr SS
personaly for me ill go to shows regardless of winning or not. i enjoy being around other car enthusiests or however you spell it.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

id rather go to a drag race at my local track. there i can race, look at fast cars and know how fast they are, hang out with other car people, etc. frankly i find car shows are boring. and im never going to win one unless i have a crap load of money invested into the look of my car. and i cant stand the fact that these show cars have turbos, superchargers, and/or nitrous and never use them
Old 06-27-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

theres an informal meet every friday during the summer near my house. approx 250 cars each friday night and atleast 50 are 98+ fbodies, and 99+ mustangs. atleast another 20 are 97+ vettes. atleast 30% of the show is newer cars
Old 06-27-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't like shows around here except hot august nights, even that is getting more and more boring every year. Same old men standing around the same old cars every year. I went to a car show last year and there was an awesome WS6 with nitrous, supercharged, incredible custom paint job and interior. It was even in a car magazine and the magazine was on display next to the car. It was the most popular car there among the crowd, but somehow some old guy's 69' chevy truck or something that was just decent won the show
Old 06-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I take mine every now and then...but its always seen at culvers every friday night, summer nights where people just bring there old cars and just sit around and eat outside, and talk about how things are going(after youve gotten to know everyone) its quite enjoyable.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 608kZ28
id rather go to a drag race at my local track. there i can race, look at fast cars and know how fast they are, hang out with other car people, etc. frankly i find car shows are boring. and im never going to win one unless i have a crap load of money invested into the look of my car. and i cant stand the fact that these show cars have turbos, superchargers, and/or nitrous and never use them
I keep mine car show clean 99% of the time otherwise I am like what is stated above Whoever's riding with me often will mention how other drivers are staring at the car. I just keep it clean and everynow and then drive it like I stole it
Old 06-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Teching In

I go to some of the local small shows. Seems to be alot of newer mustangs there. I will be entering in a show in September that they have every year. Its not about winning for me, just showing off the car.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I drive to the local car shows, as a spectator. Cause I'm a car guy, I like all the years. But my car is not entered, just polished up. There are 1 or 2 local small town show and shines that I will enter just to give the fee to the local charity.

But my car is driven all the time. Still beautiful, but too many road chips for competition. There is one show that allows all years and I like to do that one as the only 4th gen Trans Am, there are usually a dozen or more off the rack Mustangs there, I park by them.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rideon1200
I go to some of the local small shows. Seems to be alot of newer mustangs there. I will be entering in a show in September that they have every year. Its not about winning for me, just showing off the car.
why would you pay money to do that?
Old 06-28-2009, 10:14 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
why would you pay money to do that?
It's fun for a lot of people just to collect the dash plaques.

I just go to have fun too. I enjoy watching the expressions on people that "get it" and those that don't have a clue.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can agree with most about Judged Car shows being a waste, but you have to thnk of it as an oppertunity to meet new people and make friends.

I live just outside Detroit and the Car scene here through the fair weather months is insane.
We have at least 20 Cruise Nites every night of the week in the south east Mi area. On Fri and Sat nights people gather on Woodward Ave thru the cities of Royal Oak and Birmingham. All this culminates in late August for the Woodward Dream Cruise (largest one day car event in the world).
I've met hundreds of great people and made dozens of friends in the process.
We all drive different makes models and what ever but we all share the same passion for the Hobby.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

I stop by cruise ins and park her from time to time, but that's about it. I get compliments from the old schoolers on the color and such. They're always surprised when I tell them what it runs and how little it takes.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll bring mine to a cruise night, or local F-Body gathering, but I'd never enter it in a show and expect to win anything.

Personally, when I see these cars (or any late model) at car shows, I walk right by them. I find them boring, there's not much individuality. IMO just because a car has nice wheels, color coded decals, and a bunch of stainless crap bolted on under the hood does not make it a show car.

I think these cars are meant to be driven, no shown. At least at this point in time. Maybe another 10 or 20 years they'll be interesting to see at shows. But I consider them late models, and once again, I find late model stuff boring.

Quick Reply: Do you guys show your 4th gen fbodys?