General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What mod should I do next?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What mod should I do next?

mods installed are in my sig, I got a UDP coming in, ssra coming in ( hopefully ) and a dyno tune.

Idk what to do next, I know I don't wanna do a stall right now.. cuz I got plans for a built tranny from a friend (i think he's including a stall)

I was thinking on a upgraded exhaust, like a custom x with turn downs before the axle.

Tires?

Suspension?

Save up for heads/cam package?

Electric cutout? (already got a manual cutout)

idk, im confused what to do next
Old 12-05-2011, 10:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you dont have subframe connectors and good rear lower control arms i would do that along with a tubular tourqe arm.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JohnFrazee02SS
if you dont have subframe connectors and good rear lower control arms i would do that along with a tubular tourqe arm.
I got umi LCA's

adj or non adj torque arm?

I need a DSL too.. ****
Old 12-05-2011, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

I got an adjustable one I have no clue how to adjust it but it looks cool, I got the Edlebrock one. Do you have subframe connectors? If your gonna do a X wait until you have a heads and cam package, the X pipe sounds sooo much better that way
Old 12-05-2011, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JohnFrazee02SS
I got an adjustable one I have no clue how to adjust it but it looks cool, I got the Edlebrock one. Do you have subframe connectors? If your gonna do a X wait until you have a heads and cam package, the X pipe sounds sooo much better that way
yeah and if i get a aftermarket tq arm, i have to get the x afterwards.. cuz it wont fit from what i hear. I wanted to get the x before hand, so that way i can dyno tune it properly right after its installed at the shop.. heads and cam are in the works tho, so i cant wait. Even then I don't know which I should get.. soooo many different combinations it makes my head spin! and all the supporting mods, im afraid i might not get everything right lol.. injectors (not sure what size), fuel pump(no idea), rods, oil pump(tsp ported ls6?), built heads (prc stage 2.5 was what i was recommended), cam ( ms4?.. still deciding) built tranny, lifters (ls7?), timing chain (double roller? ls2?), lt1 radiator?, upgraded coils? (msd, d585?) plugs, wires, oil (tranny, motor, gear oil) fuel filter, DSL, tires, and dyno tune, gaskets.. OMG lol

^^im very **** about that, i'm trying to 'get it right the first time' kinda guy.. and i understand my car is as good as its weakest link

oh and to answer your question no , i dont have subframe connectors. I don't know which one to get, there is so many different styles... know what i mean?

Last edited by LeanPocket; 12-05-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Are you looking to go to the track at all or just a quick street car? Either way stall for sure, but you said you are waiting on tranny for that. Didn't see it on your list, but how about LCA relocaiton brackets? Looks like you've about ran out of bolton's for the motor, so I'd say work on finishing the suspension.

I've got about the same mods as you for the most part. Next up on my list for the car is a UDP, adjustable tourqe arm with dsl, a helmet for the track, and a GoPro HD2 motorsports edition for track and for whatever.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by green28
Are you looking to go to the track at all or just a quick street car? Either way stall for sure, but you said you are waiting on tranny for that. Didn't see it on your list, but how about LCA relocaiton brackets? Looks like you've about ran out of bolton's for the motor, so I'd say work on finishing the suspension.

I've got about the same mods as you for the most part. Next up on my list for the car is a UDP, adjustable tourqe arm with dsl, a helmet for the track, and a GoPro HD2 motorsports edition for track and for whatever.
both, mostly street.

A stall is in the worx, however I can't go too high or else i'll be spinning too much on the streets. So I been told, that is. Either way, its coming with my tranny that im buying hopefully.

I need a helmet, i need to put that on my to do list. I'm putting on my pulley this week, I'll let u know how that goes. Hopefully my ram air aswell.

As far as suspension, what should come first? RLCA's seem like a obvious choice, .. or shocks? like bilstein or koni? drag shocks? My car isnt lowered, it has that hose mod (i thinkt hast what its called) so it sits a lil lower, but my springs are stock.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wouldn't worry about upgraded coils. I know most guys that have 500-600 hp still run the stock coils.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

youre pretty set as far as boltone and your trans is getting built so id look into can and heads.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
youre pretty set as far as boltone and your trans is getting built so id look into can and heads.
thats exactly what i'm shooting for as we speak. I decided to do a cam only initially, with some 243 heads (for now)

I'm building a list of supporting mods, however I have a bad problem of determining what to buy in order.. if that makes any sense.

This is a half assed list of what I think i might need for a cam only build.

Cam - undecided, however I'm almost sold between the Texas Speed 233/239 .595"/.603", Texas Speed Torquer V2 232/234 .595"/.598", Texas Speed Tsunami 235/240 .648"/.609" ( need input on that cam tbh ) and been flirting with the Thunder Racing RapTR 236/242 .615/.615 111 lsa

Ls7 Lifters - sale pending
Ls6 Oil pump - tsp ported or stock? or something else?
Fuel pump - racetronix maybe?
Injectors maybe? Everyone tells me that I dont need injectors, I got the stock 28 lbs.
complete 243 heads w/ prc dual valve springs 650 lift kit - sale pending
Ls2 timing chain - Idk if i need jus the chain or the entire ls2 timing chain kit
hardened pushrods
Drive Shaft Safety Loop - sale pending
Dyno-tuned by my baller tuner at unlimited performance in CC.

Also, things to consider:
Tranny mount-dunno what type
Motor mounts-dunno what type
better fuel rail?
Umi torque arm
Boxed subframe connectors
LCA RLB
Aftermarket A-arms
Oil catch can
line lock
lt1 radiator

I'm sure im missing something
Old 12-07-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

any input?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 182 Likes on 141 Posts

if you plan on doing heads and cam you need to set ur suspension done first, otherwise that power will never make it to the ground. Get some boxed subframe connectors, relocation brakets, a must adjustable torque arm and some sticky tires.

Aftermarket a arms seem to be a waste of some big money along with the fuel rail right now.

If you do heads and cam your going to have to get bigger injectors. your going to be pushing you stockers to the max. There is a company called PIC ( i believe thats there name) and they redo stock injectors. They can make the injectors up 60Lbs and they flow test them as well for $200. If i were you i would do 42lbs so you have plenty of room to play in the future

for the ls2 you only need the chain but i would do the gears as well but thats just me

Racetronix is a good choice for a fuel pump maybe consider the hotwiring kit if you plan on doing more to the car in the future but its not required

Remember bigger isnt alway better when it comes to your cam choice. Most of those cams need a bare min of 3600 stall and atleast 3.73's to work properly.

Hope some of this helps you and good luck with the car
Old 12-10-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z28SteveA4
if you plan on doing heads and cam you need to set ur suspension done first, otherwise that power will never make it to the ground. Get some boxed subframe connectors, relocation brakets, a must adjustable torque arm and some sticky tires.

Aftermarket a arms seem to be a waste of some big money along with the fuel rail right now.

If you do heads and cam your going to have to get bigger injectors. your going to be pushing you stockers to the max. There is a company called PIC ( i believe thats there name) and they redo stock injectors. They can make the injectors up 60Lbs and they flow test them as well for $200. If i were you i would do 42lbs so you have plenty of room to play in the future

for the ls2 you only need the chain but i would do the gears as well but thats just me

Racetronix is a good choice for a fuel pump maybe consider the hotwiring kit if you plan on doing more to the car in the future but its not required

Remember bigger isnt alway better when it comes to your cam choice. Most of those cams need a bare min of 3600 stall and atleast 3.73's to work properly.

Hope some of this helps you and good luck with the car
Thanks for helping me set my priorities.

I decided to do a cam only setup, with the intentions to do a nice head swap later.

I'll check into that pic place to redo my stock injectors.

thx for the advice everyone
Old 12-10-2011, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Some spray would be good. Maybe a bigs/littles for the track...