General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Exhaust clamps.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust clamps.

Okay, i'm about to purchase an SLP loudmouth exhaust system for my Z. He says he doesn't have any of the clamps. I just need to verify how many of what size i should get. And does brand really matter? I don't really want to spend a fortune on clamps. Thanks all. I can't wait to get this stuff installed. Lid is already on the way!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's new it will come with them, sounds used but almost anywhere will have them. Word of advice, saw-zaw the stock cat back off. It will save you oddles of time taking that thing off. Sorry, I can't remember the sizes off-hand though. I have an idea but don't want to give ya any bad info.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

I'm buying used, he said i think 3 3" clamps and 1 2.5" clamp. can't quite remember though.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sounds right, Ill take a look also and find out. I have the LM so if I cant find anything ill go out to my car and measure!!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
That sounds right, Ill take a look also and find out. I have the LM so if I cant find anything ill go out to my car and measure!!
Alright, sounds great
Old 07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man I could only find 3 3inch on mine. I had another clamp that was right in front of the resonator but that was huge. I know for sure you will need the 3 3 inch clamps but Im not sure about the other ones. Maybe someone else will chime in but thats all I have on mine. 3 3inchers another big clamp in behind the resonator, and one more clamp right by the y pipe that might be the 2.5. That is my guess, I couldnt measure the clamp by the Y, so that is my guess. Hope this helps. My LM doesnt even have any rust or anything on it and its 5 years old. Damn nice metals used, I havent really examined it lately, looks good.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm taking the tranny out tomorrow so I'll take a good look for ya then. I think there are 4-5 total though, but it's been a while since I installed it. 2 for the exhaust tips, 1 for the drivers side extension where the LM splits, 1 (3")where the lm hooks to the y-pipe. I think I remember one just before it goes over the rear axle I think, but I'll post up tomorrow to let you know for sure or just call SLP. They'll tell ya everything.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DVS99TRANS
I'm taking the tranny out tomorrow so I'll take a good look for ya then. I think there are 4-5 total though, but it's been a while since I installed it. 2 for the exhaust tips, 1 for the drivers side extension where the LM splits, 1 (3")where the lm hooks to the y-pipe. I think I remember one just before it goes over the rear axle I think, but I'll post up tomorrow to let you know for sure or just call SLP. They'll tell ya everything.
Sweet thanks man. This should help the OP out. I think I know what ones you are talking about.

Hey how do you like the sound of your whole system, Headers and Y into the LM?? Just want an unbias opinion, yours!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

7 clamps total, 4 3 inch ones ( 2 for each sides of the resinator, I attaching to the Y pipe and 1 to attach to the pipe right before the over the axle) and 3 2.5 ones ( 1 for the other pipe that goes around to the other tailpipe and 2 to hold the tips on)
Old 07-12-2007, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
7 clamps total, 4 3 inch ones ( 2 for each sides of the resinator, I attaching to the Y pipe and 1 to attach to the pipe right before the over the axle) and 3 2.5 ones ( 1 for the other pipe that goes around to the other tailpipe and 2 to hold the tips on)
Sweet, sounds like we got it settled. Thats nice to know. Thanks Starz
Old 07-12-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Alright, cool. The guy i'm ordering them from actually has tips that have a little allen wrench screw that presses up against the pipe on the tips to hold then on. So i will need 4 3" clamps and 1 2.5" clamp. Thanks for the help.

PS: i just noticed that on the advertisement pic there is 4 big clamps and 3 little ones
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

you talking about ordering a whole exhaust system headers back? or just the loudmouth cat back set up? if you go headers and want to lower your car DO NOT GO SLP...man they sit waaaaayyy to low...pacesetter/kooks/ something like that would do you better...
Old 07-12-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
Hey how do you like the sound of your whole system, Headers and Y into the LM?? Just want an unbias opinion, yours!!!!
It sounds loud and screams when you get above 3500rpm. Truthfully, it grabs alot of attention from the Po-Po, but I love it. I just got harassed by a county cop because he heard me take off. Truthfully I can't wait to cam it to make it louder . There not be any clamps at the resonator though. I know for a fact mine does not, but it doesn't mean that it won't since it's used. I just got home from work and never had a chance to get started on the car today, but will be first thing in the morning and will verify what I find on mine. Sorry it's been a very long day
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
Right on!!!! I do not have the clamps at the resonater, but get them anyway just in case. You can always return them if you don't need them.