General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

98 camaro turn signal please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 camaro turn signal please help

I have a 98 camaro. My front right turn signal will not light at all. I cut the wires under my dash board and tested them to a power supply and my light outside (turn signal) lit up. So wires and bulb is good. So my left signals work just as they are suposed to no prob with them. when i put on my right signal my back one lites up but no flash. my indicator on the dash is a solid green. and the front doesnt lite at all. Everyone is saying the prob is with my turn signal switch. Would that make the front light not turn on at all?
Old 11-05-2010, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

try getting a new bulb anyways.. whenever mine would go out the green flasher signal would light up and stay lit up on the gauge cluster and the same side rear light would stay steady too... I put a new bulb in and everything was normal.. its the easiest fix and a cheap fix if it works
Old 11-05-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by djfury05
try getting a new bulb anyways.. whenever mine would go out the green flasher signal would light up and stay lit up on the gauge cluster and the same side rear light would stay steady too... I put a new bulb in and everything was normal.. its the easiest fix and a cheap fix if it works
I did change my bulbs. its 100 percent somewhere in side the car. has to be the switch or the drl module. UGH i am ready to give up. I disconnected the drl module and bypassed it but that did nothing. my left still works and right still not working.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Launching!

Hi, use a volt meter or test light and back track to find the problem or break in wire. Please check ground. Electrical can be tricky but use patience and you will have the satisfaction of resolving the issue.more often than not we overlook the most obvious things.check flasher located at left of steering column pull straight out. The wiring harness is located near the brake pedal
check continuity from harness to bulb. A quick and easy fix. Good luck!
Jim
Old 11-05-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by jim ravencraft
Hi, use a volt meter or test light and back track to find the problem or break in wire. Please check ground. Electrical can be tricky but use patience and you will have the satisfaction of resolving the issue.more often than not we overlook the most obvious things.check flasher located at left of steering column pull straight out. The wiring harness is located near the brake pedal
check continuity from harness to bulb. A quick and easy fix. Good luck!
Jim
Hey jim, would a bad bad flasher make the right ones work and not the left?
Old 11-06-2010, 05:10 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Give this section a read:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hting-faq.html
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 PM

Default Most likely bad wire

I have the same problem on mine z28- the rear right turn signal stays solid on and the front blue wire does not receive any power, but left signals are both good and flashing. I am just currently running a new wire from the rear positive wire to the front turn signal, and now both right signals blink fine just like the left.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

That happened to me a week ago. Change your flasher and it'll go away. My passenger side turn signal front and back worked, but the driver side front and back stayed solid and wouldn't flash. $2 flasher from any autoparts store fixed it.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

I would replace the front sockets. The camaros and TA's have an issue when it rains or water gets on the cars, water has a way of makign its way into the turn signal and socket and blowing the bulb and shortening it. I wuld have the same problem peridoically and finally got tired of it. Cut the old sockets off and on with the new, also made my own gasket to keep the water out, havnt had a problem. if that dsnt work for you then wish you the best of luck!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:35 PM

In my case I changed the sockets but the wire was also bad and not because of the flasher, since the 4-way hazard blinkers were also not powering that same blue wire. Junk yards normally have plenty of those Chevy sockets. Got mine from a Lumina. Socket code is PED FL 2914.

Quick Reply: 98 camaro turn signal please help