Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weiand Street Warrior Intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Weiand Street Warrior Intake

I got my Summit catalog early this week and I noticed this new intake. But it's not available til Nov.15...well at least that's what the summit website says. I'm interested in this intake so I called the manufacturer and I was told the 32hp/31tq power gain results were based on a 04 gto with basic bolt ons like LTs, cai, and catback exhaust. I think they cost 649.95 or something like that. Has anyone heard of similar info on this intake? Correct me if im wrong. BTW, the power gains are over the LS6 intake.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saw that same info in summit. Surely they wouldnt lie would they ?? lol.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSmoken
saw that same info in summit. Surely they wouldnt lie would they ?? lol.
True...that info is just as good as ones that gives it out. I'm sure the manufacturer gave that info to Summit. So we'll see...
Old 10-16-2008, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

this info is old. Weind couldnt get their **** together and has had this manifold around for months and months. Glad to see they might actually be selling them.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pntbll309
this info is old. Weind couldnt get their **** together and has had this manifold around for months and months. Glad to see they might actually be selling them.
Oh ok didnt know the info was dated. I agree. Can't wait to get it.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CETAWS6
Oh ok didnt know the info was dated. I agree. Can't wait to get it.
Yeah, you can search it but its all the same thing. Delay after delay after another delay. Im anxious to see how it performs.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:48 PM
on2
On The Tree

I'll wait for the dynos. Until then its FAST.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by on2
I'll wait for the dynos. Until then its FAST.
and ls6 for us poor folk.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah i would like to see some results..They claim 30+ over the LS6
Old 10-17-2008, 06:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Jegs has it listed in their new catalog also, was going to call and see when they will shipping it. Hate to say this but I will believe it when I see it!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by litemup02
Yeah i would like to see some results..They claim 30+ over the LS6
Yea...well that's what say in the advertisement. Results were based on 04 gto with common basic bolt ons.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

the point of this manifold is to be a direct competitor to the FAST..... its cheaper and geared to people with only bolt ons and mild cams...... ive seen dyno after dyno with people gaining zero power with the fast on an all stock motor with only bolt ons..... this wiend manifold is to give the street guys a better alternative
Old 10-17-2008, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NasbaGoat
the point of this manifold is to be a direct competitor to the FAST..... its cheaper and geared to people with only bolt ons and mild cams...... ive seen dyno after dyno with people gaining zero power with the fast on an all stock motor with only bolt ons..... this wiend manifold is to give the street guys a better alternative
Ok cool. But I see some guys here with the FAST intake with just bolt ons. Unless they are setting up their rides for h/c.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Ok cool. But I see some guys here with the FAST intake with just bolt ons. Unless they are setting up their rides for h/c.
im sorry i forgot what site i was on.... i should be more clear... i have a GTO so i have the LS6 block and manifold....... its proven that u see no gains over an LS6 manifold so yes u will see some gains if u currently have a LS1 manifold....

all cars respond to bolt ons differently... im sure some people do gain a little bit of power from it even over the LS6 manifold but thats not what it was designed fo...
people are still buying the prof. products manifold which is proven to make you lose power cause of the heat soaking issues.....
no one ever said that all people were smart or know how to read lol.....
no matter what you tell them a lot of people even when u give them direct evidence are still gonna think bigger is better.....
and in this case the fast manifold is just too dam big for a stock internal ls1
Old 10-17-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

[quote=NasbaGoat;10309556]
people are still buying the prof. products manifold which is proven to make you lose power cause of the heat soaking issues.....
no one ever said that all people were smart or know how to read [/quote/]

Can you put up some links on this? Maybe I'm one of the people that doesn't know how to read. The debate could go on for pages about heat soak I've done some reading on these. Still trying to see what intake I want to run. Currently I have the ls6. So where are all these proven threads about losing power with the Prof Prod. intake beacause of heat soak??
Old 10-17-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got my Summit catalog early this week and I noticed this new intake. But it's not available til Nov.15...well at least that's what the summit website says. I'm interested in this intake so I called the manufacturer and I was told the 32hp/31tq power gain results were based on a 04 gto with basic bolt ons like LTs, cai, and catback exhaust. I think they cost 649.95 or something like that. Has anyone heard of similar info on this intake? Correct me if im wrong. BTW, the power gains are over the LS6 intake.
JBA claimed 30HP / 34ft lb tq with their shortie headers (2004 GTO )over OEM exhaust....they have a dyno run to prove it. Point is at least 20-25HP gain can be had just in the tune.....

I would like to see comparisons to "optimized and tuned" setups, including comparisons to the Fast lineup of intakes.. This may be a great manifold, I just don't have enough real world data to make a "buy" decision......still watching though
Old 10-17-2008, 11:08 PM
on2
On The Tree

We should get a vendor to do a comparison. Back-to-back. Stock cubes. Basic bolt-ons. Maybe mild cam.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-external-engine/807431-new-weiand-street-warrior-sema.html

Some more info.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NasbaGoat
im sorry i forgot what site i was on.... i should be more clear... i have a GTO so i have the LS6 block and manifold....... its proven that u see no gains over an LS6 manifold so yes u will see some gains if u currently have a LS1 manifold....

all cars respond to bolt ons differently... im sure some people do gain a little bit of power from it even over the LS6 manifold but thats not what it was designed fo...
no one ever said that all people were smart or know how to read lol.....
no matter what you tell them a lot of people even when u give them direct evidence are still gonna think bigger is better.....
and in this case the fast manifold is just too dam big for a stock internal ls1
You sir need to use the search feature before making anymore posts.

1) The Prof. Product manifolds make power, not lose them. There are NO threads on this board that have dyno proof that they have lost power due to the manifold and heat soak. Also, heat soak does not affect a motor as bad as most of the "noobs" on this site think. When your car is WOT how long does that air stay in the manifold? Thank you.

2)A FAST manifold is not too big for a "stock internal" ls1. There have been MANY threads stating that they make great power. Ive personally seen them make more than an LS6 manifold. An Ls6 manifold is great if your on a budget, but theres a reason the higher HP cars are going with the FAST manifolds.

3) You talk about giving direct evidence. You have not gave anybody anything. All of your post is the same noob stuff that happens on this site every day. People who dont know what they are talking about giving advice on something they know nothing about. Your post proves my point.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

maybe they should give me one for free so i can try it out for everyone.