Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake swap problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default intake swap problems

I swaped my ls1 intake for a ls6 and got a code I can't figure out. It's P0107 which is low circuit MAP. I changed the map sensor and the code still came back. I then changed the intake back to my ls1 and the code was still there. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG. Would a vaccum leak casue it? I am cluless at this point. For the record the car ran fine and I don't think it would be a leak. The worst part about it is that you can't reach the wire unless the manifold is off.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Junkie

did you reuse the gaskets or put new ones in?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with map circuit low theres a possibility that a wire shorted to ground or something else causing very high resistance. check the wire harness back there.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Regular

I used new gaskets on the LS6 intake I swapped it for but used the old ones when I switched back. I was thinking about trying to check the wiring but you really can't see the end connection cause it's all wrapped in the wiring harness.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Launching!

are you clearing the code and its coming back? If you have a scan tool or something look at the MAP voltage and see if it changes when you rev it. I know those things are tight to get to but make sure it pluged in. If it is you may need to pull the intake back off and check your terminal tensions and all that on the connector to make sure they are not spread open. let us know wht you find
Old 10-30-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you did the swap and unplugged the map sensor AND the key was on there should have been a map sensor high code set. a low code means youve probably just got a bad sensor, shorted internally.

i think your attacking this the wrong way. you seem to be looking for vacuum leaks n such. well that wont set a code. these DTCs are pretty much for electrical diagnosis of sensors. a map sensor high doesnt mean you've got high manifold vacuum. sensors are setup mostly on a 5 volt reference.

throttle position sensors are the best example IMO. they are potentiometers and the position of the throttle blade changes the resistance in the sensor. at closed throttle theyre set up to have low resistance for an almost complete ground so the pcm sees only around 0.55 volts. at WOT there should be high resistance and therefore poor ground so the pcm sees around 4.45 volts. the pcm reserves the range of 0.50 volts - 4.50 volts as the normal operating range of the sensor. anything below 0.50 volts would set a tps circuit low code and could be a short to ground and anything above 4.50 volts would set a tps circuit high code and is likely an open circuit.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Launching!

If you can put a scan tool on it look to see if the MAP voltage is .1v or less. Just because of the location of the sensor and how hard it is to get to on an f body i would be willing to bet that it just didnt get plugged in all the way or something stupid like that.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

I took my manifold off serveral times now trying to figure this out. I replaced the sensor already too. I have an EFI live so I can scan it. Not sure what else I can figure from that though. Does the map sensor run directly into the ECM? If so does anyone know what pin it is? I can see if their is a break in the wire that way at least.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

I figured it out!!!! Finally!!! The pigtail on the map sensor had a bad connection. The middle wire was lose and lost the connection so I ordered a new pigtail.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear you got it figured out