Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed the duals

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Removed the duals

Removed the duals and only lost about 10 HP/TQ after a dyno with the new set-up. Can't feel it seat of the pants, just on paper. Car does not sound as evil as it did but I had no choice. Locals stopped me a couple of times already this spring, etc. Still sounds very healthy and nasty when I get on it. Open the cut-out and it is a different story all together. Pissed that I am on my fourth exhaust set-up now but live and learn and I will try to sell the dual set-up. SpeedInc fabricated dual, Magnaflow Mufflers, SLP Tips and exited at the rear bumper.

Duals flowed better obviously but not as much as I would have thought... Car is a beast and I love it
Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Hate to hear you had to lose the duals. I just got mine back after 3 years with them off. Why did you have to take yours off? Too loud?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2002SS#1811
Removed the duals and only lost about 10 HP/TQ after a dyno with the new set-up. Can't feel it seat of the pants, just on paper. Car does not sound as evil as it did but I had no choice. Locals stopped me a couple of times already this spring, etc. Still sounds very healthy and nasty when I get on it. Open the cut-out and it is a different story all together. Pissed that I am on my fourth exhaust set-up now but live and learn and I will try to sell the dual set-up. SpeedInc fabricated dual, Magnaflow Mufflers, SLP Tips and exited at the rear bumper.

Duals flowed better obviously but not as much as I would have thought... Car is a beast and I love it
why didnt you just run it over the axle?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Quik Sand
why didnt you just run it over the axle?
It says it exited the rear bumper, whether it was over or under the axle it isn't listed. Guessing from speed incs track reacord I am guessing it was over the axle. Even if it was under the axle running it over isn't gping to quite it down to the level he was looking for.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ShortChevy
It says it exited the rear bumper, whether it was over or under the axle it isn't listed. Guessing from speed incs track reacord I am guessing it was over the axle. Even if it was under the axle running it over isn't gping to quite it down to the level he was looking for.
oops....already been a long week for me
Old 06-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ShortChevy
Exactly. It was over the axle, would not have made a difference if it was not. Got rid of it because the local's finest said it was Too Loud...It would have been a long summer otherwise. Wife bitched about it also but what else is new???

Honestly did not need the promised tickets I had coming my way.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure if i gain or lost anyhting when i went from my TDs back to my y pipe..

When i had my TDs (3" O/R H and Flowmaster 1 chambers) i dynoed 415/378

When i went back to my Y Pipe (O/R Y, Flomaster Merge, PowerStick, E-Cutout and GMMG C/B) i dynoed 419/385.. But that same day that i dynoed i added my 85mm Lid/MAF with 42# injectors....
Old 06-01-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im glad cops here dont really care. Mine is pretty loud too. Mine sounds more wicked through the mufflers at WOT than through the dual cutouts. I've went through road blocks here with open headers and the cops give me a thumbs up!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I'm hoping the day never comes when mine might be too loud for the cops Looks like I need to start inching south...
Old 06-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I'm hoping the day never comes when mine might be too loud for the cops Looks like I need to start inching south...
I was Just going to say...Sounds like the PoPo are bit more into the hobbie in GA then they are up here. First time I went by in opp direction at 55 he lit up and turned right around after me. Maybe he is a Ford guy???
Let me go with a warning, they did that on my window tint once also. Not legal to do the driver/passenger window here.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I was Just going to say...Sounds like the PoPo are bit more into the hobbie in GA then they are up here. First time I went by in opp direction at 55 he lit up and turned right around after me. Maybe he is a Ford guy???
Let me go with a warning, they did that on my window tint once also. Not legal to do the driver/passenger window here.
The window tint was probably what caught his eye, and the loud exhaust was the straw that broke the camel's back. Some cops just aren't that into cars...I've been followed home around 3AM when my wife needed something to calm some heart burn. They never said anything, but were matching me turn for turn until I pulled into my apartment complex.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Hey MeentSS02, what mufflers are you running?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by Flawless02SS
Hey MeentSS02, what mufflers are you running?
Magnaflow bullets - part number 10416.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

PM me if you plan on selling it. Might be interested.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

Damn that sucks, I thought further west they would care less.

I'm interested to see how much clearance you have with that setup and how much you would be selling it for.

I haven't got much attention from local cops, some actually say they like the sound but alot of family & friends say the car is too damn loud with the 18'' bullets & I agree when I come rolling in @ 2am or leave for work @ 5 am.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

sweet thunder resonators quieted my true duals down alot and made it sound nice and deep!!!!!!!