Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How low do the pacesetters hang?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How low do the pacesetters hang?

I am seriously thinking about picking up a set of coated pacesetters and fabbing up my own Ypipe for them. I am planning on lowering my car about 1.5 inches in the spring as well and need to know how low the pacesetters hang and if I will have problems with banging?

Thanks again,

Chris
Old 11-14-2003, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think like most LTs its not the headers its the Y-pipe that hits. My car is dropped and I only scrap the y. Plus you will gain HP and sound when you get rid of those macs. You will be amazed.... I was, I have hookers, really really close the to the pacesetters
Old 11-14-2003, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't worry too much about scraping, like Z said only the Y. I have yet to scrape mine on anything, and I drive everywhere in it.. including over railroad tracks sometimes. Laters.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ALPINE
I wouldn't worry too much about scraping, like Z said only the Y. I have yet to scrape mine on anything, and I drive everywhere in it.. including over railroad tracks sometimes. Laters.
I too have these headers & their "Y"!!
The headers tuck up nicely. Can't even see em.
however, the ORY hangs low.

BTW, i have the LGM springs. 1.5 in. drop.
Let me know how you do the Y pipe. As i would be interested to know.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterY2KZ28
I too have these headers & their "Y"!!
The headers tuck up nicely. Can't even see em.
however, the ORY hangs low.

BTW, i have the LGM springs. 1.5 in. drop.
Let me know how you do the Y pipe. As i would be interested to know.
i did my pacesetters pretty recently...excellent choice IMO given the gains i got and the fact that they were less than 350 bucks coated....they don't hang too low really but the y-pipe is a little close for comfort...
Old 11-15-2003, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

the Y is much closer to the car then any others ive seen..im gonna have to find a way to stop them from hitting the floorboard actually
Old 11-15-2003, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think that its very common to hit the floor board. try wrapping the pipe with some header wrap. this will deaden the sound nicly. Thats what i did with my macs, but dont have to worry about it with the hookers
Old 11-15-2003, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am going with a custom 2.5 inch Ypipe.

3 inch to 2.5 inch cone reducer off of each collector. Then mandrel bent 2.5 into a Flowmaster dual 2.5 into single 3 inch collector into the int pipe and then the cutout. Should really help torque in the 1500-4000rpm range won't take a hit up top. (Should still be easy to hit 500-520RWHP with that setup NA)

Cheers,
Chris
Old 11-16-2003, 06:29 AM
11 Second Club

The headers have great clearance. My car is 1.5" lowered, and sitting on flat tires right now.. Its sitting pretty low.. No way the headers themselves would scrub on normal speed bumps, only thing I'd worry about would be awkward inclines taken at a non-careful speed. Do a good job on the y-pipe, and the clearance won't be much if any different than the Macs. 3" might worry me a little bit, but since your using 2.5" I don't think you'll have any probs.

You ran 11.1 with Macs? I went from Macs to pacesetters.. I haven't made any w.o.t. runs yet, but let me say... I think it'd definately be an advantage to snag em at only $330 before they get the price increase in the next month or two.

Peace,