Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've been "Frosted"

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been "Frosted"

Got my Frost tuned PCM back about a week ago (very quick turn-around time) and re-installed it into the car. Wasn't sure if I was really going to feel a difference, boy was I wrong. The shifts are nice and firm (not overly hard but nice), the car feels more responsive, and the "dead spots" are less "dead" (A4 guys know what I mean). On top of all that got my emissions codes tuned out for an upcoming header install. All questions I had were answered very timely and communication was great. Just wanted to post this up for anyone thinking about getting a tune from Frost, you won't regret it. Thanks Steve!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Awesome to hear. Frost worked his magic on my car and made a difference. The trans shifts so much firmer now.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is great to hear. After I install my LS6 Intake (and ect.) this winter, I'm planning on contacting Frost for a tune for my Firebird. My brother wants the resulting SES light taken care of after this past spring's LT/ORY Install on his 35th Ann. SS. All I've heard is good things about these Mail-Order-Tunes. Can't wait to get one of my own.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

how much was a frost tune?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

www.tunedbyfrost.com

If you shop around its pretty clear he's the best "bang for your buck".
Old 10-01-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

I know how you feel. I got my tune from him about 3 weeks ago. Love the way the car is now! And it shifts fast.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:58 AM
12 Second Club

+1 for frost
Old 10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep Frost is the **** for mail orders.Mine was pretty much perfect.A guy with hp tuners at a dyno day was so impressed he wanted to look at it so he pulled it with hp tuners and said he could do nothing to make it any better.12.8-13.2 AF all the way across
Old 10-02-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Default Frost

So it sounds as if Frost knows what to do to theses things. I had thought about getting mine done but cant decide if the dyno tune would be better. LT's and ORY are my only mods. I do have a Superchips Cortex hand held. I have programmed it with it and I could tell a big differance.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:18 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

man i gotta get mine done soon, how long did i take to have it done?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bama99z
So it sounds as if Frost knows what to do to theses things. I had thought about getting mine done but cant decide if the dyno tune would be better. LT's and ORY are my only mods. I do have a Superchips Cortex hand held. I have programmed it with it and I could tell a big differance.
Installed my LT's last night, had Frost pre-tune my car for it (removal of emissions etc.). Fired right up on initial setup, besides a plug wire not being plugged in all the way (totally my fault and fixed now) there were no issues, didn't even hunt for idle. No engine codes, still idles ~650-700 rpm and is running very strong. Not sure how your Superchips stacks up vs Frost, but if you e-mail or call him he'll give you a no BS answer of what to expect, so you can decide what you want to do.

Originally Posted by ls1curt
man i gotta get mine done soon, how long did i take to have it done?
My PCM was turned around the same day, you only have to wait on the shipping times. I think from uninstall to reinstall was 6 days for me.

My intent with this thread is not ***-kissing, I am very happy with the results from Steve(Frost) and want to share my experience for other people who like me, were unsure of whether or not to take the plunge.

Last edited by MjMaro; 10-03-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am about to order headers to finish up my full bolt on list and was thinking about getting a Frost mail order tune for $140 instead on a $500 dyno tune from the local tuner. This thread couldn't have came at a better time, like it was meant to be. Can't wait!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

What happens if you ever want to go back to a stock tune?

I am curious, because I was thinking about sending mine in also..

Don
Old 10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by donman
What happens if you ever want to go back to a stock tune?

I am curious, because I was thinking about sending mine in also..

Don
I believe you have 90 days to have any changes made on it for free, just have to pay for shipping. And if you wanted it back to stock, don't see why you would, just pay the $125 and I'm sure frost can put it back.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was talking to him about an in person tune but then my air con went. Once I get the cash I really should get that tune.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Teching In

How much better do you guys think the tune will be if you got in tuned in person compared to getting it mail order tuned. Noticeable or not?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

+1 for Steve! Great guy to deal with
Old 10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
FormerVendor

Hey guys.

I am really happy to hear that you all are happy with your new calibrations!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me here, send me an email, or use the contact form on my site to send me a message. My email address can be found on the contact form on my site.

I really do appreciate all of your support!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrandonWS6
How much better do you guys think the tune will be if you got in tuned in person compared to getting it mail order tuned. Noticeable or not?
There is no way a mail order tune will be as effective as a tune done on a dyno, its just not possible considering every car is different. In my opinion the point of the mail order tune is not to act as a substitute for a dyno tune when talking about changing engine internals. Bolt-ons have more "room for error" (for lack of a better term) when tuning only to get more out of the bolt ons someone has. I needed to get my emissions tuned out for my ORY which alone would've cost me ~$90. For a small amount more Steve got rid of my emissions codes and tweaked more than the shop i had quote me was willing to do without putting the car on the dyno. To me, the mail order tune is about value, you really can't beat it. As far as deciding if a dyno tune will be better, a mail order tune will be better than your stock tune, but not as dialed in as a dyno tune. The question you have to answer for yourself is, "Is the extra benefit worth the extra cost?". For me that answer was no, until I dig into my engine's internals, a mail order tune will tide me over and is working well with my setup.

Originally Posted by Frost
Hey guys.

I am really happy to hear that you all are happy with your new calibrations!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me here, send me an email, or use the contact form on my site to send me a message. My email address can be found on the contact form on my site.

I really do appreciate all of your support!
We all appreciate what you've done for us too Steve

Last edited by MjMaro; 10-06-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:03 AM
10 Second Club

+1 for Frost

Steve knows his stuff
Don't hesitate to let him tune your car!