Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG to CME Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG to CME Question

Ok I searched this topic and I've seen different links to different parts so I want to clarify a couple things. I just bought a used GMMG catback that really is just the muffler and tips, I will have to have an intermediate pipe made to go from my ORY to the GMMG. However, I was wondering if any of you guys with factory CME were able to use your 90 deg bends to the CME tips or if you had to either 1. Had custom bends made or 2. Bought ones like this http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=310302010 from SLP. I noticed that many of the the exhaust pieces are on clearance at SLP right now so I figured it might be cheaper and better quality (mandrel bends and stainless) than what a local exhaust shop would do.

Also, if you did have an exhaust shop do it, about what was the cost to have the bends made? If you guys know about a price on an intermediate pipe that would be cool too.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No GMMG/CME guys out there?
Old 12-06-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try Ebay and send them a low offer for the elbows, maybe $30 and see what they say. Just have your price in mind. Look up CME Bends on ebay
Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
Try Ebay and send them a low offer for the elbows, maybe $30 and see what they say. Just have your price in mind. Look up CME Bends on ebay
You can get them for like $15 each on SLP right now so thats why I was asking if those would work or if I need to have custom ones made.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh greg go to SLP and get two of them for that price unless you want to try the exhaust shop making you some but I'm sure you will pay more by the exhaust shop doing it.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So I think I've figured out what bends I need. Anybody know about what it costs for an exhaust shop to make a intermediate pipe and put the whole thing together? Like a ballpark figure?
Old 12-11-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

depends on the shop and the material... cant be too much though
Old 12-11-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
depends on the shop and the material... cant be too much though
Yeah thats what I figured, it would depend on the shop. I'd really like to have the whole things stainless but thats even more expensive. I won't be putting it on till pry like March because the car isn't coming out to play in the salt covered roads.

Btw you got any videos/sound clips of your exhaust? I noticed you've got LT's, ORY, and GMMG too.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I'm gonna order those bends from SLP's website and then get the center section and bumper attachment from 6le. I always wanted the ceta mod but I can't stand muffler shops because every single one I got to always wants to do things their way and not the way I want them. I'm assuming the tips on the GMMG exit at the same place the LM1 would so these adapter pieces should work
Old 12-14-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You may have to do some modding to the GMMG so that you can get the pipes to center right buy you may not have to but look for my post in this thread and you can see the pictures where I had mine modded so it can center right. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-question.html

But you may not have to do anything but you know how cars are. To each his own.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greg_74
Yeah thats what I figured, it would depend on the shop. I'd really like to have the whole things stainless but thats even more expensive. I won't be putting it on till pry like March because the car isn't coming out to play in the salt covered roads.

Btw you got any videos/sound clips of your exhaust? I noticed you've got LT's, ORY, and GMMG too.
no not yet, i'll try and get a clip of it in the next couple of days... in lower rpm's like 1500-2500 it's really raspy but after that its a clean crisp intimidating sound... it sounds really mean in the high rpms!!! ill try n get the clip up here this week!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
no not yet, i'll try and get a clip of it in the next couple of days... in lower rpm's like 1500-2500 it's really raspy but after that its a clean crisp intimidating sound... it sounds really mean in the high rpms!!! ill try n get the clip up here this week!
Yeah thats what I figured... I just hope its not TOO raspy during normal driving.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you think it sounds raspy do what everyone else does on here. Now that could be one of two things, 1.) you can throw a bullet in the I-pipe or just weld in to bullet's before the tail pipe or 2.) get a flowmaster merge and you have to have hi-flow cats that should get rid of it or majority of all of it. I just have Kooks LT's, their catted Y-pipe a Bullet in the I-pipe with the GMMG CB and CME. Once you add LT's to these cars espeically with a Y-pipe set up they get raspy almost no matter what Catback you go with. An you if don't have hi-flow cats more than likely your going to get rasp.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I've even got rasp with just my SLP dual/dual catback right now. All cars that I've heard with an ORY have rasp except for a friend's brother's TA that had a Hooker catback on it. That thing sounded pretty good, not real loud but like no rasp at all.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I've even got rasp with just my SLP dual/dual catback right now. All cars that I've heard with an ORY have rasp except for a friend's brother's TA that had a Hooker catback on it. That thing sounded pretty good, not real loud but like no rasp at all.
You forgot about when I had the Magnaflow. Zero amount of rasp.

But you love rasp, what are you talking about, you love my LT's, ORY, w/ the LM2

(which is getting switched to a Borlamouth!)
Old 12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

i have gmmg into CME...i didnt have to buy anything extra i used the stock bends...the only thing is that its not going to line up perfect but all u gotta do is just heat it up and bang it on, thats wat i did and have zero problems..i can take a pic for u and show u if u like just send me a pm if intrested
Old 12-18-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt427
i have gmmg into CME...i didnt have to buy anything extra i used the stock bends...the only thing is that its not going to line up perfect but all u gotta do is just heat it up and bang it on, thats wat i did and have zero problems..i can take a pic for u and show u if u like just send me a pm if intrested
Ok cool. I'm gonna have the exhaust shop see what they can do with it. If they can't use the stock bends, I'll just have them make some.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah thats what I figured... I just hope its not TOO raspy during normal driving.
got some videos of my car today on the dyno... i made 314 bone stock and dyno'ed today and made 334rwhp and 314ftlbs... as soon as my friend uploads the videos tom i will post them up here for yall to see... im very impressed with my numbers my g/f got me a lid for x-mas and am going to put that on n see what i do tom... mods are in sig!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default dyno vids

first run shot flames out the exhaust, pretty cool, dynoed 314rwhp on this one

this was my best run, not that you can tell the diff but i got 334rwhp and 314ftlbs at around 5600 (dont have the dyno sheet in front of me but around there)

oh and i dont have tips cause im saving for CME and dont want to waste my money on tips... almost have all the money should be ordering CME at the end of january!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah thats pretty raspy. We'll see how I like it. If its too raspy I might put a Borla muffler or Magnaflow cat in the I-pipe or something.

Last edited by greg_74; 12-22-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply: GMMG to CME Question