Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker vs pacesetter LTs

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker vs pacesetter LTs

I'm looking for long tubes and I narrowed it down to the hooker stainless 1.75 and pacesetter ceramic since I don't see stainless for those. I need the eye and air fittings too. Which header should I go with I don't have slot of money to spend so thats why I'm choosing one of these too. I hear hookers fit with no shaving of the k member while pacestter you do. So let me know what you all think thanks.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I jsut did a Pacesetter install a couple weeks ago and I didn't have to grind anything or disconnect the steering. Both sides slid right in and I was just using jack stands for the project. Everyone seems to have a different experience, but I ahd no trouble with them. If you haven't yet, you should delete the AIR and EGR and get some off-road ones.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Banned

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...rth-money.html
Old 06-27-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BFarrier
I hear hookers fit with no shaving of the k member while pacestter you do.
I've actually heard the opposite. But for what it's worth, I did Pacesetter headers & TSP Cat Y and didn't have to grind anything. I just had to remove the steering knuckle to put the driver side in, and that's it. Passenger side just slid in.

If it helps any, here's my writeup:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...otsa-pics.html
Old 06-27-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

ive actually had both. i ran hooker longtubes on my 00' Z28 and now pacesetters on my 02' Z28. quality was great on both sets. very happy with them. i dont think you can go wrong. the coating looks great as well. ive had my pacesetters for almost 3-4 years and its just a tad bit slight of rust on the collector which is normal. everything else is great. the fit and finish were almost identical. definitely great set of headers.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:38 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have run both on the same car before. Its the same thing really either way you look at it. I bet he needs AIR/EGR for emissions in Suckifornia.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

I have Pacesetters all I had to do was loosen the steering linkage. Fairly easy install.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Launching!

ive had both... pacesetters on my 01 ws6 and hookers currently on my 02 ws6.... pacesetters fit much better, no grinding or shaving... with the hookers i had to grind the k-member and get poly motor mounts and it still bangs the k-member... also i cant get them to seal..... now, this could be because my car has been in an accident before and my 2001 wasnt, i dont know. but if i were going to buy again i'd go with pacesetter... especially cause i didnt like the flanges on the hookers.

Quick Reply: Hooker vs pacesetter LTs