Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed daddies, flowmaster merge, 3.5" cutout.......WHAT ELSE

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed daddies, flowmaster merge, 3.5" cutout.......WHAT ELSE

Alright I am about to pull the trigger on some ebay auctions, and I just wanted someone to look over my intended setup. This will be MY first mod to this car, and I'm pretty excited to get started. The car is a 00 SS t56 with a k&n and 3" magnaflow exhaust.....that's it

I plan on purchasing the flowing:

Speeddaddy EBay stainless headers
Y300350 flowmaster y collector
3.5" cutout
and then have an exhaust shop weld up the necessary piping (no cats)
Front o2 extentions

Am I forgetting anything?
I don't think I will get 02 sims. I think i'll just get those codes tuned out along with egr and air......how long is advised to run like this without a tune?.....I am in alabama so no inspection and I don't mind the ses light
Old 05-10-2011, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i've never heard of those headers
Old 05-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Launching!

They are cheap stainless steel ones off ebay. They're supposed to be the more decent fitting ones
Old 05-10-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

wow those are cheap. when it comes to headers, you definitely get what you pay for. a quick search here and some LT1 guys have bought them. definitely chinese knockoffs.

Last edited by TheSilverOne; 05-10-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

get ready to lose your bottom end grunt until your tuned
Old 05-10-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who said he will lose his low end grunt? been on headers for a year now and i dont feel/see if i lost any low end? (untuned) hell no stock camaro can keep up. OP you are fine now this flows more than enough but if i were you id go with pacesetter. i live in middle east and nth is available but flowtechs thats why i went with them. you can get used pacesetters for cheap! you dont need tune right away. it helps but not a must id wait for more mods gd luck!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Those are the same headers I have. They are not the better fitting ones. They have the funky collector on driver side that points upward that requires cutting the header collector and bending it down, or, putting a funky bend in the y pipe.

Also plan on butchering the k member on passenger side.

I have poly mounts also in case your wondering.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Full-Force
Those are the same headers I have. They are not the better fitting ones. They have the funky collector on driver side that points upward that requires cutting the header collector and bending it down, or, putting a funky bend in the y pipe.

Also plan on butchering the k member on passenger side.

I have poly mounts also in case your wondering.

Well dang. I read a review that these just required adjusting the steering knuckle and cutting the k member a little.

Which ebay one's are the one's that fit well? Ap1ap2?

I would get pacesetters, but they would have to be coated and the stainless ones seem like such a deal if they fit right.

And I think I understand what y'all are saying about not having the codes tuned out right away.....I might lose a little low end power and throw a SES light. I'm fine with that....which reminds me that i'll need to get AIR/EGR block off plates.....how many block off plates will I need total if I am removing both systems?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you're removing both systems, go with a set of headers that has the option of no emission hook ups, or 'race style'. I just put pacesetters on my car, needed no modifications, only had to remove the steering linkage, and I don't have EGR or AIR. No block off plates needed, and no retarded bridge on the primaries blocking my plug wires. Also my car has not been tuned and I don't feel like I've lost any power... definitely gained some over stock manifolds.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HVYMTL
If you're removing both systems, go with a set of headers that has the option of no emission hook ups, or 'race style'. I just put pacesetters on my car, needed no modifications, only had to remove the steering linkage, and I don't have EGR or AIR. No block off plates needed, and no retarded bridge on the primaries blocking my plug wires. Also my car has not been tuned and I don't feel like I've lost any power... definitely gained some over stock manifolds.
Good point on the race headers......it appears that I was reading all the reviews for ebay headers for LT1s! I might start a new thread to find if any ebay ones fit ls1s well. I have been searching, but I can't find any up to date info and a lot of these reviews just mention the headers as "ebay headers" instead of by the sellers name.

So if your car hasnt been tuned yet, does that mean the SES light is on? Is it ok to run it like that?