Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers with 2'' primaries or bigger on the cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers with 2'' primaries or bigger on the cheap?

Hey guys,

So I'm looking at trying to find a set of LT's that are 2'' or bigger primaries, for a decent value.

I could make them myself...but I'm lazy. Anything besides Kookz out there? I'm way to cheap to spend $1000 on something I could build, but don't wanna invest the time to build 'em.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Regular

if you HAVE to have 2" quit being lazy if you don't wanna spend the money lol. Aside from that TSP has 1 7/8" in stainless with a velocity spike for about $500
Old 02-23-2012, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you really build them with a decent fitment...i wouldnt care if it takes a couple of months lol! you could spend the money somewhere else and still feel good about them! on the other hand you could always go what he said^ or even used!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:29 AM
TECH Resident

Was chatting with a friend last night, and he pointed out I could easily make some bigger headers later on down the road if I want to.

Been poking around, so far TSP headers seem to be an incredible value.

I'm just trying to get the car running right now!!! Time=$ but at the same time I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something I can make.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
Was chatting with a friend last night, and he pointed out I could easily make some bigger headers later on down the road if I want to.

Been poking around, so far TSP headers seem to be an incredible value.

I'm just trying to get the car running right now!!! Time=$ but at the same time I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something I can make.
Given that scenario I'll just say I LOVE the fit on my TSP's (they went in easier than the stupid stock manifolds came out! only removed starter, oil filter, steering knuckle(this was to get the manifolds out!), and drain plug)... changing plugs is gonna be a B#$!@#$% down the road though with the huge primaries, but I just put in AC delco iridiums so I should be good for a LONG time lol. Mine were the original version without the spike, so I can't speak for the new design.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

I've installed some in a c5, these will be going in a 72 Camaro so I've got plenty of room.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

ohhh very nice, you have room for 2.5" primaries haha!

on a sidenote.. My grandmother has a 72 Z28 (original Z with the factory panels in tact white with blue stripe kit!) roller that I've been trying to talk her out of for years, she keeps saying my uncle is going to do something with it, but he just keeps putting different engines in it for about a day at a time then letting it sit for another 4-5 years =/ Maybe it's time to start trying her again now that I have a son that loves hotrods too haha
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

They're pretty sweet.

Not only do they look amazing, but you can stand in the engine bay while working. It's great!

And room for two sets of headers per side is nice too