Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cherry Bomb catback?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cherry Bomb catback?

Anyone have this catback?

http://www.cherrybomb.com/Catalog/Se...Car.aspx?id=37

I want to know how it sounds... I know Cherry Bomb bullets sound really nice. Very loud and raspy, almost worse than a LM1. I'm hesitant to buy this because I'm not sure how that Cherry Bomb chambered muffler will sound. I mainly want it because of the reputation Cherry Bomb has and the tail pipes it comes with are very nice!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by need2speed94
Anyone have this catback?

http://www.cherrybomb.com/Catalog/Se...Car.aspx?id=37

I want to know how it sounds... I know Cherry Bomb bullets sound really nice. Very loud and raspy, almost worse than a LM1. I'm hesitant to buy this because I'm not sure how that Cherry Bomb chambered muffler will sound. I mainly want it because of the reputation Cherry Bomb has and the tail pipes it comes with are very nice!
just another flowmaster imo...i wouldnt do it if it was me..
Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
Lol. I wish it had their glasspacks and not that POS 1 in 2 out muffler. I probably won't get it.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omarrakeen

So my Hooker Aerochamber is just another Flowmaster too then?

You can apply that logic to any muffler. That's ignorant.

It's not a Flowmaster, it's a different company.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

This should get interesting
Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sepsis
So my Hooker Aerochamber is just another Flowmaster too then?

You can apply that logic to any muffler. That's ignorant.

It's not a Flowmaster, it's a different company.
am not saying flowmaster as a "bad" quality muffler. i referred to flowmaster as in a chambered that doesnt flow as good as others on a fbody..most chambered mufflers sound like crap on ls1's specially on a Y pipe...ive heard many chambered exhaust before and they all sound so harsh and metallic whenever used with long tubes and an ory..hooker is known to sound nice on a fbody. I myself bought a flowtech terminator and it sounds so bad that am using the stock muffler instead..it looks exactly like a hooker and it is chambered too it also sounds exactly like a flowmaster so again it is just another flowmaster ...OP id buy something that is known to people(fbody owners) at least..you really dont wanna do it twice. buying a cherry bomb just because they are popular wont always work.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

I really wasn't planning on buying this, just wanted to know if it was good or not. I'm planning on getting TSP 1 3/4 headers and TSP rumbler bullet true duals. If I decide to keep the y pipe setup... same headers, but into a TSP catted Y with a GMMG catback.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get the TSP 1 7/8 headers instead bro.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sepsis
Get the TSP 1 7/8 headers instead bro.
I considered that, but I have no need on a stock cube LS1. Maybe when I pick up a stroker crank down the road and a bigger cam. Plus there's some modifications you need to do with 1 7/8 headers that you don't with 1 3/4 headers correct?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

I considered that, but I have no need on a stock cube LS1. Maybe when I pick up a stroker crank down the road and a bigger cam. Plus there's some modifications you need to do with 1 7/8 headers that you don't with 1 3/4 headers correct?
i dont think you need any modification they are the same thing with larger primary diameters. i could be wrong though.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, there are no modifications that you need to do with 1 7/8 over 1 3/4...not that I'm aware of.

Getting the 1 7/8 isn't going to hurt your performance, it'll improve it over the 1 3/4. There are threads debating this and some dyno runs iirc.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

I'm fairly certain 1 3/4 headers would be a better choice for a stock cube LS1. Why would they even make 1 3/4 headers if they were that much better ya know? They make 1 3/4 headers for a reason. And aside from ci, I'm rockin' the stock POS cam... so definitely not 1 7/8 headers for now.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm fairly certain 1 3/4 headers would be a better choice for a stock cube LS1. Why would they even make 1 3/4 headers if they were that much better ya know? They make 1 3/4 headers for a reason. And aside from ci, I'm rockin' the stock POS cam... so definitely not 1 7/8 headers for now.
Why... because 1-3/4" headers still make good power over stock, and they cost less. You'll will make more power with 1-7/8" headers, but if you still bottle neck the exhaust up with a 3" exit on the y-pipe merger your gains, and the purpose for buying them begin to diminish. IMO, in that case you might as well just get 1-3/4" headers and save some money.

Quick Reply: Cherry Bomb catback?