Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roller rocker upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roller rocker upgrades???

if i needed to upgrade my rocker arms which brand and ratio should i get?? the following is a copy and paste of my upgrades so far. im aready getting ls7 lifters and trays, possible push rods also if tey dont measure up.

rockers now are factory and do not have the trunion upgrade either. springs im not sure on rate??

415 lq9 block all forged balanced and blue printed
Ls6 lingenfelter heads stage 1 p&p (243)
Comp cams 244/248 620 650
12.4 compression
High octane c16
200 wet shot plate system,heater
Fast 102 intake, t-body,n2o plate
Hooker headers
3" exhaust
Redneck racing th350 3800 stall
Trans brake
Line lock
Fab 9" narrowed 3"
4:11 spooled
Ladder bars,control arms
Slicks and runners
6 point cage
Old 02-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Launching!

are you on a budget ? if not look at some jesels or t&d machine rockers otherwise there is yella terras, harland sharps, or scorpions, but ive heard alot of mixed reviews on the last 3 but there also is a 5-600$ price difference between the first two i named and the last three
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen broken jesels and scorpions lately.I like the shared shaft design of the yella terras,I feel they mite be more stable.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Talking

*-
Originally Posted by AAK z28
are you on a budget ? if not look at some jesels or t&d machine rockers otherwise there is yella terras, harland sharps, or scorpions, but ive heard alot of mixed reviews on the last 3 but there also is a 5-600$ price difference between the first two i named and the last three
definatly on a budget so yes the most economical ones with good reviews an gains will work for me.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YTs are the only viable full roller option imo. Jesels cant take the lift, good luck getting a wipe pattern. With the money you save over full shafts you should upgrade to a lifter that costs more than a pushrod. Fancy forged and balanced bottom end and you're planning on using oe lifters with a huge variation in leakdown and crap tolerances?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

I'm just going with what my tuner/shop is suggesting to get. What's ur take on some lifters??
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigbrdf250
I'm just going with what my tuner/shop is suggesting to get. What's ur take on some lifters??
My take is just to buy quality, lifter tolrances are in the millionths of an inch if they are made properly and pushrods come in with 5 thou...the only reasonable way a lifter can be made ato cost the same is crappily. I know from a former oem before they offshored production that they vary highly.

I am running johnson short travels, but morel is the site favorite and cranes should be considered too. If you balance the rotating assembly and unbalance your valve train with lifters that all bleed differently whats the point? That means each valve is varying in lift and at some rpm one is not going to recover. They are sloppy oe lifters designed for light spring pressure and a light valvetrain. They work impressively well for what they are, but they have no place in a performance engine. Certainly not something built like yours.

I am not an expert, but if you want to talk to one there is a guy on here Havoc40 that is in the true sense of the word. At minimum if you search his threads you will find the issues with oe ls7 lifters.

Not trying to be a dink, just hate to see a killer build install poorly suited parts.

Oh, and holy s@@t I cant wait to see what you put down. Its going to be nasty.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info and suggestion but there has been another road block. See my other thread on ptv clearance. I guess this all happens when we don't know or understand how things work, I'm just trying to get by.

Quick Reply: roller rocker upgrades???