Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker catback installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hooker catback installed

Just got hooker catback installed. I have to say I was kinda scared after hearing everyone talk about how quit it is. But I chose this cb because I am getting LT abd ory soon. When I first started it up It sounded slightly louder than stock however it has a really nice deep rumble. When I gave it some gas I found the exact sound that I am looking for. It sounds really good at WOT and I would not consider it to be quite. I really debated for a long time over the hooker and the magnaflow. I get to hear the magnaflow coming from my neighbors car everyday and although I love the sound of the magnaflow it just does not seem to have that muscle car rumble (imo). I have also read alot about the magnaflow being louder than the hooker . I do not believe this to be true and if so maybe just a little bit louder at idle but the hooker is definatly deeper. Although the tips are a little to big for my tast I would have to say that this is definetly a good catback at a good price. Highly recommended
Old 05-22-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

I swapped my Magnaflow catback for the Hooker catback with NO regrets.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:15 PM

I love the way my GFs sounds. She has LTs, ORY and the Hooker. Its music and not loud in the car. Im still considering ditching my duals for that setup.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Yep. Love my Hookers !!!
Old 05-22-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive got the hooker Catback. Love it too, i paid like 250 for it also. I could have gotten 2 1/2 for the price of a Borla. 3 for the price of a Corsa. Very nice at WOT and not too loud at idle.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

For price, sound and performance you cant beat this catback imo.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:27 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No kidding, I've got the Hooker CB on my car, along with KOOKS 1/34LTs and a 3" catted Y. Car is loud, I've been pulled over 2 times since I put the headers on. Even so, I'm thinking about going with an ORY and the GMMG system. But the Hooker is the best sounding for the price. I wouldn't even bother with the Borla, Corsa, Magnaflow, etc. The only system that has anything on it is the GMMG (IMO) and the tips on the corsa are real purty. Not worth 700 though..
Old 05-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Launching!

THis is the system I am going to be getting soon, as my custom system is not folwing very well. I will actually miss the stock Z28 tips though but like the way the dual Hookers look.