Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone own or ever hear Dynomax Ultra Flow catbacks???

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone own or ever hear Dynomax Ultra Flow catbacks???

My buddy had one on his 93 LT1 and it sounded mean as hell, not that loud at idle but would scream at WOT, kinda a different sound, but I liked it. Heard one on an LS1 and sounded pretty nice as well. Ive already got a slowmaster catback so I think im gonna buy just the muffler and weld it in place of the one thats in there now. Anyone have any opinions of the UltraFlow??? Its a straight through design so I should pick up a few HP over the flowmaster.
Brian
Old 05-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Chop-Foo Director

www.ls1sounds.com
Old 05-27-2004, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PendragonZ
Yeah, what Pen said. Go to the Dynomax page.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

I love Dynomax UltraFlo's. For performance (flow) and sound they're one of the best mufflers on the market IMO. Here's a link to one of my favorite clips over at ls1sounds.com http://www.ls1sounds.com/true_duals/...m_pete1080.wmv
Old 05-27-2004, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

guys ive already seen and heard whats over at ls1sounds.com. Sorry i should have explained the question better, when i asked if anyone had ever heard them i was just trying to get opinons on what you all thought of them, not a place where i might find them.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

my friend has it on his 2000 ss. sounds pretty good. a lil too quiet for myself, but id dont sound bad at all. like you said, its quiet at idle, but it sounds good at wot. as far as performance goes, like fulton said, they are one of the better ones available
Old 05-27-2004, 05:15 PM
dug
Banned

I have the 1oftl at ls1sounds. I think its the best catback for the money $200. Whats nice about it is that it works well with headers and ory. Other catback are designed around stock manifolds and cats. So when you add headers they can get kinda loud and obnoxious. Thats why I went with the biggest 3" ultraflo muffler.

The ultraflo muffler looks like their bullet mufflers inside. Just a straight tube with a bunch of holes. It probably flows as well as the bullets. The ultraflo muffler has a good musclecar tone while driving around and at wot it gets louder with a smooth tone. It still has some rasp but because the exhaust is quiet the rasp is not overbearing. It is not much louder than stock even with the macs and cam.

It looks like youre planning to replace the flowmaster muffler with the ultraflow crossflow muffler. According to the dynomax website their crossflow mufflers flow alot less than their straight through mufflers. Thats why I went with the single in out muffler. Still their xflow muffler would probably flow better than the flowmaster muffler. Having a single exhaust doesnt look bad but not as good as 2 tips. btw I really do like the looks of the flowmasters tips on a camaro.

Another alternative would be to get the magnaflow crossflow muffler. PEople seem to like them.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have a 3 inch ultraflow. Lost only 2-3 RWHP vs a open cutout.

Also went 127mph through the full exhaust
Old 05-27-2004, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BRIAN98Z28
guys ive already seen and heard whats over at ls1sounds.com. Sorry i should have explained the question better, when i asked if anyone had ever heard them i was just trying to get opinons on what you all thought of them, not a place where i might find them.
FWIW, I'll reiterate - I love Ultra Flo's They outflow just about everything on the market, sound great (IMO), and are very reasonably priced. I think replacing your crossflow Rustmaster with an Ultra Flo (like p/n 17227) is a great idea.

Quick Reply: Anyone own or ever hear Dynomax Ultra Flow catbacks???