Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random Tech Catback

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 03:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Random Tech Catback

Was wondering if anyone was running the random tech catback and what ehy thought of it? Anyone know online shops other than thunder racing that sell this catback? I heard a couple sound clips on ls1sounds.com and it sounds pretty good, just wanted see if anyone here on the board has heard it in person?
Raspy or not?

Anyone got any pics of what the tips look like? post em up if you've got em
Old 01-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Launching!

My cutout is always opened. The only time when it was closed it was not too loud not raspy below 3000rpm. Over then that well it's a different story... LOUD
Old 01-03-2005, 04:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by H/C LS6Z
Was wondering if anyone was running the random tech catback and what ehy thought of it? Anyone know online shops other than thunder racing that sell this catback? I heard a couple sound clips on ls1sounds.com and it sounds pretty good, just wanted see if anyone here on the board has heard it in person?
Raspy or not?

Anyone got any pics of what the tips look like? post em up if you've got em

Just get a magnaflow, they are built better, they are cheaper, and they look, sound, and flow better.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

I've got an R/T catback and have had it since '99.
It's loud and deep. Now it's REALLY loud with long tubes. At WOT, you can hear it a LONG way off.

It's a straight through design to the left tailpipe. The right tailpipe is fed through a baffle chamber on the muffler.

When I bought it, it was the only exhaust with actual dyno numbers-14 rwhp over stock. I added 4" chrome tips and extended them several inches further than stock. This elliminated some interior noise but I wouldn't want to take an extended trip sitting in the back seat.
I'd buy it again.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BoonesZ
Just get a magnaflow, they are built better, they are cheaper, and they look, sound, and flow better.
I've had amgnaflow, not bad but looking to go with something else, plus didn't like the way the tips aligned along the bumper
Old 01-03-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have it and you probley heard my sound clip with my cam and everything over at ls1sounds.com It really sounds pretty good and seems to be a well built system.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PonchoFan
I've got an R/T catback and have had it since '99.
It's loud and deep. Now it's REALLY loud with long tubes. At WOT, you can hear it a LONG way off.

It's a straight through design to the left tailpipe. The right tailpipe is fed through a baffle chamber on the muffler.

When I bought it, it was the only exhaust with actual dyno numbers-14 rwhp over stock. I added 4" chrome tips and extended them several inches further than stock. This elliminated some interior noise but I wouldn't want to take an extended trip sitting in the back seat.
I'd buy it again.
Speaking of Dyno numbers my car was the test car for the Random Tech exhaust. Back in Jan 98 when I got my Z a guy from Random Tech called me up and asked if I would like some exhaust put on my car and dynoed. I said sure. So they installed it and dynoed before and after I just paid for the pipes. Overall I liked it nice sound over stock and it lasted for like 6-7 years. I think the increase in power was great for just a catback.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by D Rock
I have it and you probley heard my sound clip with my cam and everything over at ls1sounds.com It really sounds pretty good and seems to be a well built system.
pm sent shoot me some pics
Old 01-05-2005, 04:33 AM
TECH Resident

does anyone have pics of the tips on their car and what they look like