Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock carb manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock carb manifold?

Has anyone seen the new edelbrock carb manifold for a LS1? Would their be any advantage to going to a carb set up? Or has anyone seen this manifold on any F-body, i am very curious and thinking about diving in,,, but i could use some advice.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

there is no reason to put a carb on an ls1. don't do it
Old 02-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Teching In

what would be the major problem with it?,,,, the only standing reason i know of, is that it is alot cheaper than fuel injected parts, i just dont know anything about carbs at all. i beleive what you say though, would the carb just create a massive amount of problems?
Old 02-28-2005, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

Is this for a LS1 swap into an older F-Body?
This intake is appealing to those who do a conversion but do not want to mess wth the Fuel erected stuff,mostly because they do not understand it.
A carburated motor will make more PEAK power, but the injected motor will make more power throughout the RPM range.
There are so many variables that can be addressed in the fuel injected tuning that makes the carb setup worthless unless you just want to put it in a street rod for the "Cool Factor".
I have seen a few folks running a carb style manifold with injectors and a 4 barrel throttle body.

If you are looking to make more power from an intake swap in an LS1 F-body
Go LS6 intake or FAST 90mm.

Brad
Old 02-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all of your help,,,,, i think i am just going to stick with the fuel injection for now haha... thanks again.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Might be an intresting concept for mounting a big throttle body on there if you have a turbo, and then tapping the manifold for injectors. Like some of the big boy racers do....

Also I saw a video which had an LS1 motor with a carb intake manifold, with a turbo on it, just like what I'm talking about. That car is my wet dream, and I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Teching In

actually i do like the carb set up,, its somthing different that almost no one has that i have seen, and if you have the right carb tuner, its a hell of alot cheaper than the grueling and expensive fuel injection tuning
Old 03-02-2005, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

400 bucks for a Dyno tune
Yeah thats way more expensive than changing out what you will need to use a carburator and have worse drivability. All for what 10hp more PEAK? If that

Brad