Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Header Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Header Question

I just got a great deal on used set of SLP headers and I need a y pipe. Does anyone know if any other brand ORY's will fit the SLP's?

Also they are for a 2000 and my car is a 1999 I figured it wouldent be a big deal given that they already have blockoff's and i don't need the egr stuff, but I would still like to know the differences in case there will be a problem.

Thanks for any help,
Doug
Old 04-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Im not sure about your year...but I had a 2002 Z28 M6 and the SLP y-pipe bolted right up to hooker LT's.....might mean that SLP and Hooker Headers/Pipes are interchangeable.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hatdragracer
Im not sure about your year...but I had a 2002 Z28 M6 and the SLP y-pipe bolted right up to hooker LT's.....might mean that SLP and Hooker Headers/Pipes are interchangeable.
Cool thanks. Anyone know about the year?
Old 04-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Help anyone?
Old 04-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Teching In

One more try anyone know the difference in the emmission setup on a 99 vs 00

Thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Staging Lane

The AIR pipes are a bit different, and also the bottom of the egr tube is longer and kinda goes under the header where on the 99 its kinda in front.

I am in the exact same situation as you. I got slp's for a 2000 and I have a 99. I bought a new egr and air tubes off of ebay, because I dont want to delete anything. I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA.

As far as the y pipe goes, I would be careful. Ive been trying to figure out the y pipe thing for a month now. All I can come up that WILL work for SURE is an slp y pipe and race pipes from tbyrne. I would rather have a 3 inch y over the 2.5 but if thats all that fits.........whatever.

I got such a good deal on these headers that I couldnt pass them up. No dings dents or anything and they were on a LOWWW car.
So I dont really care about the ground clearence thing. Ive been driving cars with ground clearence problems my whole life ]

good luck lets keep this thread at the top so we can figure out the ypipe thing

2mff
Old 04-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Chime in.......... and yes I know slp's suck.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2mffZ28
The AIR pipes are a bit different, and also the bottom of the egr tube is longer and kinda goes under the header where on the 99 its kinda in front.

I am in the exact same situation as you. I got slp's for a 2000 and I have a 99. I bought a new egr and air tubes off of ebay, because I dont want to delete anything. I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA.

As far as the y pipe goes, I would be careful. Ive been trying to figure out the y pipe thing for a month now. All I can come up that WILL work for SURE is an slp y pipe and race pipes from tbyrne. I would rather have a 3 inch y over the 2.5 but if thats all that fits.........whatever.

I got such a good deal on these headers that I couldnt pass them up. No dings dents or anything and they were on a LOWWW car.
So I dont really care about the ground clearence thing. Ive been driving cars with ground clearence problems my whole life ]

good luck lets keep this thread at the top so we can figure out the ypipe thing

2mff
Thanks for the help