Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me pick a catback please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help me pick a catback please.

Ok these are the 3 that I am looking at. The magnaflow, Hooker, and SLP loud mouth II. I want strong sound at wide open throttle, noticeable rumble at
idle, but nothing obnoxiously loud cruising. I Still like hearing the radio and talking to ppl in my car. Any help is appreciated. Also if you guys have any pics of SLP LM2 tips in the dual/dual setup I would like to see them please.
Thanks
Old 05-06-2006, 05:11 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends.

you planning on getting headers later on?

if headers - then go with the magnaflow or hooker

no headers - then you want the loudmouth II
Old 05-06-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

Check out EDELBROCK.....also....been reading posts about their headers and Y-Pipe, and everyone seems to think it is very good Quality..
Old 05-06-2006, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

I have the Hooker catback. I have had it on both of my LS1 cars, that is how much I love it.

I recently installed an QTP electric cutout. It flat out screams at wot, but can get old driving with it open ALL the time. Long story short the plug in to send power to the motor came undone and I didn't know it. I had to run it open for a few days until I had the time to check for the prob. I have it taped together so it can't come undone again, man am I glad to have the Hooker sound back again, so smooth and clean.

Cutout for the track/dyno. Hooker for everything else!
Old 05-06-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

i love the Quality of the maganaflow kit!!! all stainless mandrel bends.. Awesome polished muffler and tips (not just short tips.. really long ones that look good) and not to mention Fitment.. it bolted in perfect up to my stock manifolds/Y-pipe

I also polished the rest of the pipes that came with the kit.. but.. you'll have to do that yourself if your that crazy..

Old 05-06-2006, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Headers are a possibility down the road, but a long ways. I was also wondering, I have heard the LM and LM2 can be quite loud. How is the interior resonace on them? I dont want the cops hearing me all the time, I might be doing illegal activities so she cant be too loud outside either, just enough to make the stangs themselves.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaro_Z28
Headers are a possibility down the road, but a long ways. I was also wondering, I have heard the LM and LM2 can be quite loud. How is the interior resonace on them? I dont want the cops hearing me all the time, I might be doing illegal activities so she cant be too loud outside either, just enough to make the stangs themselves.
They will hear the LM at WOT for miles. At WOT its like a Harley
Old 05-07-2006, 07:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro_Z28
Loudmouth has a lot of resonance but LM2 is very minimal (if you keep stock cats!). I basically have the LM2 setup just with a dynomax bullet and I loved it. You will have the loud and scary sound at WOT but when you are doing normal accelerating the cops won't even look in your direction.

But it's a tough call. I know you'll be much happier right now with a LM2 but when you do finally get LT headers you might regret the decision. My car is so loud now I think I wake the dead. But then again, I get lots of compliments on the sound of my car when I race at the track. It's like anything else I guess, you get used to it. But the cops are very cool by me with muscle cars. They will let just about anything slide outside of street racing and being clocked at over 100
Old 05-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Your interior resonace sucks on the LM. Sence you are only choosing between them 3 I would go with Magnaflow