Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone having problemsw/ QTP ORY?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone having problemsw/ QTP ORY?

i am looking to buy a set of QTP headers and ORY but was warned by one guy that the ORY was very poor and he said he had to modify his to get it to work right.....so i was wondering what you guys know about this and your suggestions
Thanks wldesyWS6
Old 06-15-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

When professioanlly installed there is not problem. It is a little tricky to assemble. Doing it on a lift is a must. Mine fits great. I would not install it on your back though.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

The drivers side ground clearance is not great. I have also had a problem with it being leaky.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im selling my qtp headers, interested?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

QTP ory here, hopefully soon QTP headers. I was able to get my ORY installed on my back. It was a bit of a pain to assemble, but all worked out. I have really not had any leaks. I mainly went with it because of the merge collector.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

My QTP sucked big time... The first pipe on the drivers side had a funny angle, Installed i almost didn´t get any groundclearence, I had to cut and weld it up to be able to drive the car. I contacted QTP about this but they said it was my own fault, Then i tried to buy the pipes i needed but they wouldn´t sell them. Soo now i am looking for a new y-pipe since i cant get spare parts i need.

if you buy a QTP (despite the lack of groundclearence) pray that the one you recieve not is defect because the customer service at QTP will only laugh at you
Old 06-24-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I had little issue with my QTP ory and jet hot headers. However, now that I am installing the QTP LT headers I am realizing their y pipe sucks. The drivers side dips down pretty low (not sure how to fix that yet) and the passenger side I can't get the damn y pipe to go on the header
Old 06-24-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bowtieman81
Well, I had little issue with my QTP ory and jet hot headers. However, now that I am installing the QTP LT headers I am realizing their y pipe sucks. The drivers side dips down pretty low (not sure how to fix that yet) and the passenger side I can't get the damn y pipe to go on the header
I´m thinking about the kooks y-pipe or maybe the mufflex?

Are there any true duals that will bolt on to the QTP LTs?
Old 06-24-2006, 05:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the mufflex y is the same as qtp's. i have it and its garbage. had to cut and weld it in 3 places just to get it on the car. it was over 2" too short and was completely blocking the tranny cross brace if it even touched a header. no human error could cause this upon install it was during construction.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

I had the QTP headers and ORY and thought they fit great. If you take a little time with the ORY, you'll be able to get good ground clearance without any banging on the floorboard.