Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H or X?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H or X?

I know an X pipes gives a bit more power that an H, but not much. But the H has a better sound. So how much is "not much" power difference? I hate the rasp.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:49 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not much is like 1-5rwhp max. Where are you in Saginaw? I live off Old Decatur.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1Last69
I know an X pipes gives a bit more power that an H, but not much. But the H has a better sound. So how much is "not much" power difference? I hate the rasp.

well since sound is subjective..your better off listening to sounds and cars in person. This has been covered about 15 billion times...research a lil bit.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
well since sound is subjective..your better off listening to sounds and cars in person. This has been covered about 15 billion times...research a lil bit.
Its typical, I get a smartass remark from someone about a question I didnt ask. I asked what the power gains were.......read a lil bit.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:28 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to switch setups on my car. If you have an X and want to trade up for a y- setup I would be down.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

sicne your lazy and what not.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/531756-true-duals-questions-answered-here-post-your-information-pics-too.html

ITS A STICKY ON THIS PAGE.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
sicne your lazy and what not.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531756

ITS A STICKY ON THIS PAGE.
Q. What is better, X or H pipe?
A. Typically the X is known to put out slightly more power than H pipes, but not by much. The H pipe is known to have a better sound to it. You can’t really go wrong with either.

....like I said, how much is not much, Ive seen this sticky, and asked a further in depth question that was not answered. Do you like to argue or are you just trying to make yourself feel better about something? Now hurry along and go bother someone else.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Within the realm of 1-5hp.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1Last69
Q. What is better, X or H pipe?
A. Typically the X is known to put out slightly more power than H pipes, but not by much. The H pipe is known to have a better sound to it. You can’t really go wrong with either.

....like I said, how much is not much, Ive seen this sticky, and asked a further in depth question that was not answered. Do you like to argue or are you just trying to make yourself feel better about something? Now hurry along and go bother someone else.
realistically...your not gonna get a real answer...besides the normal hear say. Next to no one has a h pipe on their fbody (assuming that is what your asking about..since you have one in your sig.) Most people go with a x pipe because that is what everyone else does and because the tsp dumped system only comes that way. So the few people that actually have that system would have to have had there cars baselined with a x pipe first(or vice versa) and then without any changes..and in the same weather..switched to a h pipe to see the changes in under curve area and peak power. So..that is why you won't find a comparable dyno fo the same car showing which is better...although a sponser I recall said that in the future they are gonna test the two back to back to get some results.