Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cai??????????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cai??????????????????????

Alright what is the best CAI kit that you can buy....I see people say they like the ssra but its on the bottom of the bumper and for a lowered car that sounds like it could be bad?? So is the ssra the best way to go or what other options do i have??????
Old 01-17-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SSRA is the best BUT if you got a WS6 you can find a used BGRA kit that awesome but REALLY ahrd to find. and you can always drill out the baffles in the hood and use some weather stripping to seal the lid to the hood for next to nothing
Old 01-17-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

well the main ones besides the ssra are the slp cai and the fast toys ram air (ftra). personally i would go with either the ssra or ftra. ftra is made of metal so it can heat soak in hot weather, plus its design blocks part of the radiator so the car will run noticably hotter when stopped.....BUT the main drawback of the ssra is its a bit more expensive than the ftra and its so damn low and in front of the car many people have broken it on curbs when parking. i plan on getting one of these 2 soon, now i just gotta weigh the pros and cons of each and try to find a good deal somewhere.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Iv heard of the BGRA and yes i do have a ws6 so id like to find one of those but i guess ima have to look hard....is there any kind of rwrite up as far as drilling the baffles and seeling all that up or is it easier then i think??
Old 01-19-2007, 05:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ripper415
well the main ones besides the ssra are the slp cai and the fast toys ram air (ftra). personally i would go with either the ssra or ftra. ftra is made of metal so it can heat soak in hot weather, plus its design blocks part of the radiator so the car will run noticably hotter when stopped.....BUT the main drawback of the ssra is its a bit more expensive than the ftra and its so damn low and in front of the car many people have broken it on curbs when parking. i plan on getting one of these 2 soon, now i just gotta weigh the pros and cons of each and try to find a good deal somewhere.
Do a search on FTRA and heatsoak. You will find that this is not really a problem at all. As soon as you are moving, it cools down quickly. We've never had an FTRA break either!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

I have the SSRA and the verry firt day i had i broke it on a damn parking lot all i did was go to the hardware store and buy some plastic to plastic glue and pacht it right up. it was no big deal. but now im really carefull when im parking or going on a speed bump, i love my SSRA i really feel my car pull when i slam on the gas and im going over 60+
Old 01-20-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK, so have you ever noticed how right after it rains, and you're driving that most of the rain on your hood take a long time to blow off? That's because these cars get most of their air from under the vehicle. I forgot what that is called, but it crates high pressure under the car, and low presure at the cowl. Or vice versa. Either way, I wouldn't waste my money on the BGRA, I've literally driven before with waer on the scoops and had it there still after a freeway trip. Also I've heard of people who said that they've had snow like light powder there when they started a freeway trip and then it ws there when they were done. Just my .02 cents.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get the SSRA or FTRA best CAI setups period...unless u go custom...haha...see SUX2BU's setup or search big gulp, or even mine in the sig
Old 01-20-2007, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WhiteStripes
OK, so have you ever noticed how right after it rains, and you're driving that most of the rain on your hood take a long time to blow off? That's because these cars get most of their air from under the vehicle. I forgot what that is called, but it crates high pressure under the car, and low presure at the cowl. Or vice versa. Either way, I wouldn't waste my money on the BGRA, I've literally driven before with waer on the scoops and had it there still after a freeway trip. Also I've heard of people who said that they've had snow like light powder there when they started a freeway trip and then it ws there when they were done. Just my .02 cents.
It's a boundry layer over the hood. It makes low profile hood scoops ineffective.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default hate to bring up an old thread...

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
It's a boundry layer over the hood. It makes low profile hood scoops ineffective.
i've been thinkin' about this response every time someone posts about the sealed hood/BGRA method. this might be the case with the factory setup, but the boundry layer would change once you remove the baffles and seal the hood to the airbox. once the car began "sucking" through the nostrils, the scoops would become effective and this layer of air would be drawn into the hood.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Second Club

I have the FTRA and would highly recommend it. I have never had a problem with heat soak and the engine temp has never risen above normal, even down here in hot & humid Louisiana.