Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless TSP Rumbler X???

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Stainless TSP Rumbler X???

I want to do a stainless dual system exactly like the TSP Rumbler...but also bring it under the axel like the pic below. Is the Stainless Works x kit the best way to get started? Anyone have a shopping list for something like this? I want the extensions at the back to be removeable along with the cats.

Why don't they make this in stainless?

This is the stainless works 3inch kit for $242

Which pipes should I buy to get this done in stainless?

I also found this at summit (part number MPE-15897)

What's the best starting point?

Last edited by Xtnct00WS6; 01-18-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Tech Resident

first off, edit your post and get rid of the price for the summit kit. summit's a non-sponsor and it's against board rules to post links and prices from non-sponsors. just looking out for you.

i wouldn't buy that kit from summit simply because it comes with too much stuff. you'll never be able to fit those mufflers on an f-body, they're too big, and you'll be buying mufflers and other components you'll never use.

stainless works is a top-notch company and makes excellent products. the price for the x-pipe sounds fair, though i'd shop around to see if i can find a better price on the same kit. however, the kit looks like it's of phenomenal quality and i'd put that at the top of my list. i would just buy some straight stainless steel pipe and have it custom bent from there if you need more.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah...that's kinda what I'm thinking. I was gonna go with the Stainless Works X and buy the rest of the piping. How common are exhaust shops with manderal benders though?

...thanks for the heads up on the pricing rule
Old 01-18-2007, 12:36 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The summit one goes over the axle too.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

What kinda true duals do you have orangepeel? What kind of mufflers, x or h, probably no cats?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

definitely no cats. Mine is a 2.5" Lanes X extending out the back with flow pro twisters. Sounds if you ask me.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
I want to do a stainless dual system exactly like the TSP Rumbler...but also bring it under the axel like the pic below. Is the Stainless Works x kit the best way to get started? Anyone have a shopping list for something like this? I want the extensions at the back to be removeable along with the cats.

Why don't they make this in stainless?

This is the stainless works 3inch kit for $242

Which pipes should I buy to get this done in stainless?

I also found this at summit (part number MPE-15897)

What's the best starting point?

You mean something like this?
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...k/HPIM0591.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...k/HPIM0590.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...k/HPIM0589.jpg
Old 01-18-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hell yeah something like that! Is that the 3inch stainless piping from Stainless works? Can I see more pics? Which mufflers are those? Did you custom make them? Are they tig welded?

Thanks
Old 01-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Resident

Yeah...that's kinda what I'm thinking. I was gonna go with the Stainless Works X and buy the rest of the piping. How common are exhaust shops with manderal benders though?
not as common as you think. my buddy's brother has a shop and he makes custom exhaust. he has a crush bender and it cost him somewhere around $10,000 for it. i asked him why he didn't get a mandrel bender. he laughed at me and told me they cost around $100,000. a mandrel bender is a luxury. if i were you, i'd go over the exhaust setup and design on paper how you want it to look. then, you can buy mandrel bends in 45*, 90* and in a U from stainless works individually. that way, you have all the tough bends mandrel bent. from there, you can have the little tiny bends bent at the exhaust shop, or have them slightly modified. a crush bender won't actually crush the pipe very much at all on very small bends. it only really makes a dent if you're going over 45*. i've seen it done several times. again, buy the narrow mandrel bends yourself.

...thanks for the heads up on the pricing rule
np. FWIW, i'd get rid of the part number if it's a summit part number, too, but maybe i'm just paranoid. if it's a mangaflow part number, you don't need to worry about it. that's just dandy.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

How common are exhaust shops with manderal benders though?
Shops that have the ability to mandrel bend 304 stainless are for the most part NON-EXISTENT!! (I think maybe Mufflex can, but IDK for sure.) This is why soooo many do the "cut and weld" bends on stainless.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hell yeah something like that! Is that the 3inch stainless piping from Stainless works? Can I see more pics? Which mufflers are those? Did you custom make them? Are they tig welded?

Thanks
No its not the stainless works kit. It is 3" stainless. Dynomax bullets. Yes I made it. Its Mig welded.