Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What next? Need your opinions for my next MOD.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What next? Need your opinions for my next MOD.

I'm putting a 90/90 combo with the new fuel rails on this weekend and trying to figure out what I should start saving for next. Wondering what you guys think? My suspension seems to be pretty much completed.

Stall? (Just not sure what size to go with because I want a heads and cam package down the road). And tuning around here is an arm and a leg ($550.00)
Looking into a rear end cover (TA Performance).
I don't real want to put nitrous oxide on it.

So like the above says I need some opinions? What to consider for the future.
The biggest thing with my camaro is I want to keep drivability, it's a daily driver. For the most part, all the MODS are listed below, I baby it allot and it has 29k on it.
Thank-you in advance.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

A 90/90 combo is hardley worth the effort and definately not worth the cash without heads and at least a decent sized cam. Even if you're just running bolt ons you should get tuned, you can get away with being un-tuned but it won't be right. Bolt ons with a fast intake is def going to need tuned anyway. I would say get yourself that head and cam package as your next mod and then install the fast.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

So wait on the 90/90 and heads and cam first.
Is there anything in the mean time that I should be looken into?
When I do head/cam I have to do a stall too. That's going to be a
big expesive project. Mostly likely looken at this winter (save all summer).

Thank-you for the insite!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

I hear a lot of people that say they would have done a stall first if they could go back when they started modding. Probably one of the top mods for an auto. I have a buddy with a stall and basic bolt ons and he loves it as does everyone with one I'm sure.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I need to figure out what size stall to go with??
And keep in mind that I'm going to get a heads/cam
here down the raod. Can you get tuning by sending in
your CPU, or does it need to be dyno'ed?

Last edited by shooter; 04-04-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

TSP does mail order tune. You just list your mods and things you want flashed ie. AIR, EGR, Rear O2's etc.... send them your computer they'll custom tune how you want it and send it back. I'm running a TSP custom mail order tune and it works great though, you will no dount have a higher degree of accuracy while being dyno tuned. The guys at TSP know what they are doing though. They'll hook you up quick (only took about a week from the day I shipped it till I had it back) and it'll work fine till you can get dyno time. Do alittle searching on swapping cams and head to, you'll find that there are some other items that you'll want to upgrade in the process like your oil pump and timing chain. The best way to figure what size stall you want is to do some research here on the site and set an end goal of what you want from your car. I drive an M6 so I don't know much about the auto. I know a lot of guys are runnin 3500's on the street but, it's all personal preference.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stall should be the first mod, then cam, then heads. Heads/cam at the same time would be veddy veddy nice.

The 90/90 combo isn't right for you just yet. Check out the automatic transmission section and read up on stall converters, or get in touch with a sponsor.

The best thing to do for a tune is a dyno tune. Mail orders are good, and if you buy a mail order tune for say a MS4 cam and have a MS4, and have it all done by TSP, its should be pretty close. There may be some sponsors close to you though, you can search by zip code by clicking the top banner on the right side of the screen.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 AM
12 Second Club

everyone says that a stall is the best mod for the money. you'll see more improvement (1/4 mi) then any other mod for the price
Old 04-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Restricted User

STALL FTW!!! That is by far the best mod you can do to an auto car. I have seen stalls cut as much as .6 in the quarter. Throw a stall in it and it will be an entirely different animal, the fast 90/90 on a bolt on car might notice a slight gain, but its a good mod none the less. A stall and a good tune would go along way.