Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Sensor In Back Of Motor??????need Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Broken Sensor In Back Of Motor??????need Help

Okay, I have the manifold moved to check the map sensor and it looks fine. To double check though, The map sensor is the one located on the back of the manifold correct. It attaches directly to the back of it? That looks fine but I keep getting code P0107. Anyway, it gets worse, something else broke back there and I don't know what it is. It stands straight up and has a one pine sensor in it. So I am going to completely remove the manifold which I really didn't want to do cause I didn't purge the fuel line. Anyone have any idea what that is? It sits right behind the manifold and goes into the top of the block in the back. One pin sensor, it is a cyclinder that goes straight up and down.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:24 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oil pressure sensor/sender. 50% of everyone who removes/installs their intake manifold breaks it. It's fairly cheap to replace!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

oil pressure sensor.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JASON11WS6
Okay, I have the manifold moved to check the map sensor and it looks fine. To double check though, The map sensor is the one located on the back of the manifold correct. It attaches directly to the back of it? That looks fine but I keep getting code P0107. Anyway, it gets worse, something else broke back there and I don't know what it is. It stands straight up and has a one pine sensor in it. So I am going to completely remove the manifold which I really didn't want to do cause I didn't purge the fuel line. Anyone have any idea what that is? It sits right behind the manifold and goes into the top of the block in the back. One pin sensor, it is a cyclinder that goes straight up and down.

First of all RELAX. We all break that sensor. It's the oil pressure sending unit
Old 09-24-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Any ideas on why I'm getting an MAP light as well? I beleive the code p0107 is low MAP voltage or something to that extent. I checked it and the connection was good and it seemed to be seated fine too. the other hoses that attach to the back of the manifold seemed to be on good as well.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackTTC6

First of all RELAX. We all break that sensor. It's the oil pressure sending unit
Thank you. Seemed pretty cheap. I didn't even know I touched it.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

the map sensor just might for went bad. If they don't cost to much i would try changing it also will the intake is out.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/991379-manifold-removal.html