Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody flow their TFS heads on a independant bench

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anybody flow their TFS heads on a independant bench

I was lurking around Hardecore LS1 last night and there was thread about T4P 243's vs. TFS 215's. To make a long story short at one point Bret Bauer claims that the TEA bench that was used to develop the CNC program is "happy" and the TEA bench was bout 30 cfm high on the TFS 215's. I find this VERY HARD to believe as TFS and TEA are both very reputable companies and a 280's cfm head won't make the power TFS consistently does.

To get down to my question though has anybody had their CNC'ed 215's flowed on a independant bench and what were the #'s
Old 04-15-2010, 05:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure if they are included in Tony's long post on head comparisons, the problem would be identifying which one they are if they were included.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I looked and there was only one 215cc head Tony flowed and it was "c" but I don't believe it was TFS. That stuff might have been tested before TFS was out with the GenX heads not sure.

Brian was in on that thread over there and did a nice job of trying to keep to the facts and not letting it turn into pi$$ing match Bret was trying to make it....... Al Noe of TFS made some good points too..... It was an interesting thread to say the least and those two guys showed a lot of class.....
Old 04-15-2010, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TEAs exhaust numbers are with a pipe but the intake have always flowed what they said on most of the benches I have seen. Some flowed even more at the school when we flowed them on intake but the only way to know is to test but you have to know how to test as well. Of course many competitors to AFR or TFS or ETP or PRC etc. don't worry about correctly testing a competitors product and may get numbers way off.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
I was lurking around Hardecore LS1 last night and there was thread about T4P 243's vs. TFS 215's. To make a long story short at one point Bret Bauer claims that the TEA bench that was used to develop the CNC program is "happy" and the TEA bench was bout 30 cfm high on the TFS 215's. I find this VERY HARD to believe as TFS and TEA are both very reputable companies and a 280's cfm head won't make the power TFS consistently does.

To get down to my question though has anybody had their CNC'ed 215's flowed on a independant bench and what were the #'s
one of these days i just might buy three sets of heads and end this once and for all...three flow tests and three dyno runs...

i still cant believe this hasnt been done...actually i think it has but it is hush hush...
Old 04-15-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've heard that the TFS flowbench is 30cfm high too...there might be something to that. The way they perform on the motors they're bolted to doesn't lie though
Old 04-15-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by racer7088
TEAs exhaust numbers are with a pipe but the intake have always flowed what they said on most of the benches I have seen. Some flowed even more at the school when we flowed them on intake but the only way to know is to test but you have to know how to test as well. Of course many competitors to AFR or TFS or ETP or PRC etc. don't worry about correctly testing a competitors product and may get numbers way off.
Thanks Erik! That settles it in my mind I figured Bret was just full of himself...as usual.....LOL Common sense tells me TFS and TEA didn't get where they are with BS...

Yeah chrs that would be a cool test for sure but expensive. The tune would need to be optimized for each setup too for a true comparison. I don't think anybody wants to go through that much hassle.....
Old 04-16-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyways, coomparing flow numbers is like dyno wars. Nothing concrete but it give interesting pissing match.
Also, a motor is a whole combination. careful parts matching will yield good results.
What I'm trying to say is a 400cfm head on a motor that can only move 350 will not yield stellar results.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Anyways, coomparing flow numbers is like dyno wars. Nothing concrete but it give interesting pissing match.
Also, a motor is a whole combination. careful parts matching will yield good results.
What I'm trying to say is a 400cfm head on a motor that can only move 350 will not yield stellar results.
I don't think there is a better way of saying it. Well put Pred Z
Old 04-16-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

other things like swirl/tumble comes into play also. and wet flow makes a difference also.in the end tea/ tfs heads put down the numbers to back up their flow capabilities.