Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OKay, this is whats happening!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OKay, this is whats happening!

Ok, changed both o2 sensors last night, and it seems be idleling a little better and gets up to speed abit faster but know it sounds like i have a chipmunk inside, its like a whistling, chipmunk noise. Its quite odd!

So now I am going to probably have the other sensor changed tonight, the MAF, I think?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A whistling Chipmunk noise? Could you try to be a bit more specific as to what the problem relates to, where the noise is comming from, and a little background on when it started and so on.. Details mean alot when your asking someone a question who doesnt know anything about what your asking
Old 11-15-2004, 08:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thegirl
Ok, changed both o2 sensors last night, and it seems be idleling a little better and gets up to speed abit faster but know it sounds like i have a chipmunk inside, its like a whistling, chipmunk noise. Its quite odd!

So now I am going to probably have the other sensor changed tonight, the MAF, I think?

Sorry, I had posted last week and got tons of responses Ummmm..

Okay, I guess this is a long shot but here goes. I have a 2000 Camaro . It has 44000 miles on it. THe check egine light came on about a month ago, took it to auto zone and had the diagnostic check done and it said it was running lean. So filled it with Premium V-Power and a cleaner and ran it on the highway, the light still wouldnt go off. Well went to Cincinnati about hour away and it was just getting worse, when i finally ended my trip the car wouldnt even start back up, went back out there later and it started but when i would get going it seemed like it would take forever to get going. Well got back home and replaced the fuel filter, still no change. Well two days ago i was driving on the highway and it wouldnt go past 50, i could hold the accelerator and the engine was making noise like it wanted to go, but the poor car just wouldnt, it almost sounded as if i had a really loud muffler but that it was struggling to go. So i stopped at a light and started going and it wouldnt go more than 30. I dont get it? I dont no much about cars but I mean it only has 44000 miles on it and it runs and sounds perfect accept these past few days, it makes a squeeling noise and wont get up and go like it should?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dunno about your chipmunk problems, but it sounds kind of like a clogged catalytic converter. Take the car for a 5-10 minute drive, then look underneath your car. See if you see anything glowing bright red.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like it could be a million things, you could have pretty much toasted the motor if it was running lean, what is premium v power? Most likely the problem existed with a pcm issue, such as the maf has some dirt on it or something else that would cause the pcm to run lean, i would have suggested you taken it somewhere to get looked at before, but if it barely runs now i would definately reccomend you take it somewhere from what your telling me. But thats just my opinion, and im sure there are other on this board that may be able to give you a more direct answer but thats what i would do if i were you
Old 11-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Yea thats what i have heard, i believe i'll probably have to take it to a dealer, but with only 44000 miles on it, i shouldnt be having problems like that. Premium V-Power is that real expensive gas from Shell Gas Station
Old 11-15-2004, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh, better gas isnt going to affect if your car is running lean imop, and a car with 44000 miles is just as vonerable as any other, things can go wrong and although they shouldnt at that milage, thats why they sell warranties for low milage cars, but give the catalytic converter thing a shot, see if thats the problem, if not, then i would look into the pcm
Old 11-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

THanks QUICKIE
Old 11-15-2004, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not a problem
Old 11-16-2004, 01:57 AM
liqour enthusiest

THanks QUICKIE
make sure your injectors are pulsating, i had a similar problem with mine. one of the injectors werent working and it caused my car to run like crap.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen for the noise and tell us where it's coming from. Last time I heard symptoms like that it was collapsed exhaust.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

Make sure to take a look at the air filter too if you haven't already - a (really) badly clogged one will exhibit similar symptoms.

The code you got scanned at Autozone said you were running "lean" ? What code specifically was it ? That's the only "lean" code I can think of, if it was referring to maxed out LTRIMs it may possibly be a gradually worsening vacuum leak. EGR seal, PCV line or bellows leak ?

Post more details if you have them.

Bad30th
Old 11-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

I will let yall know more later but i called the dealership and if its the cat, it will be cvered under warranty. And the noise is comin from the coil pack area and that big silver colored box in the back!
Old 11-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Oh yeah forgot to mention one of the exhausts has a hole in it
Old 11-17-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Oh yeah forgot to mention one of the exhausts has a hole in it
If it's in front of one of the front 02's (basically in front of the cats) - that's most likely the source of the problem.