Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Motor Cause an SES light?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor Cause an SES light?

Could a window motor cause an SES code to come up? i ask this becuase i just got my window motor replaced and my SES light has been on for awhile, which i was gunna go look and see what it was this weekend. But when i got the car and drove home, no light. Its been on non-stop forever. Just wanted to know if a window motor could cause this?
Old 04-26-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone??
Old 04-26-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i really really doubt it, but i have only had my car since 3/15 of this year.

is it completely dead, like no up or down? cuz both of mine would go down but would try to go back up then die. so i just replaced them both. i didnt have a constant SES at thise time, but it would go on for a little then off, but i have 105K miles and didnt scan when the SES was on, so i dont know for sure.

hope this helps, and btw if you didnt know, SES means Service Engine Soon. my advice and reply prob arent that helpful, but hey you never know.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

um....no, A SES light is for powertrain, IF the window motor could throw a code then it would be a "B" body code or possibly a "U" communication code depending on year. Coinsidence or the shop cleared a genreic SES code for you when they were checking it for an upsale attempt
Old 04-26-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

SES light is for emissions in addition to other things mentioned like drivetrain problems...is it still running good? if theres no choppy idle or other noticeable problem it could be something easy like an oxygen sensor....try taking it out and flooring it to make sure its okay for the most part. i just had an SES light for an O2 sensor but it ran the same before and after i replaced it
Old 04-26-2005, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

Probably what happened was the shop that replaced the window motor unplugged the battery, resetting the computer (and any codes). I'd suggest that you take it to whoever did the tuning to figure out what the light is if/when it comes back on.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea most likely, thats what i figured is they unpluged the battery. Becuase my trip odometer was reset. So once it does come back on, ill probably take it to my tuner.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, solid SES light is for emissions related equipment. Blinking SES light means engine malfunction such as misfire.