Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head and Cam Swap finally done!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head and Cam Swap finally done!!!!!!!!

Ok I've had my car up on stand for about a month and could only work on it here and there. But after striping a head bold AND a power steering pump bolt I got it fixed and Started it up last night at about 2 a.m. Thanks to the guys on here that answered my questions. I will have it tuned by tommorrow and dynoed next week. I'll have track numbers in about a month or whenever I get the suspension done.

When I started it up last night it was still like 65 degrees in town so the neighbors had their windows open and one of them called the cops on me. The car's already got a ticket for distrubance!

Patriot stage II and a 240's duration custom cam...
Old 03-01-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DAMN, sound slike a nice setup.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:30 PM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

Congrats. It's a great feeling when it starts. Sounds like you have some ******* neighbors though.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

thank goodness i live out in bfe and my closest neighbor in 1000 ft away and none of the neighbors gives a rats *** what i do.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

I hope it kicks ***. Screw the neighbors.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gee, I can't imagine why anyone would complain about you firing the car up at 2:00 am.

You must have some of those goofballs who need their sleep so they can get up and go to work early. Who do they think they are? You're the one who's right here. Fight the ticket! Stand up for your right to start your car whenever you want! Don't bother with a lawyer. You won't need one. Any judge in his or her right mind would realize you have a constitutional right to make noise in your neighborhood to start your car any time you want. That's the WS6th amendment isn't it? And then there's freedom of Firebird speech. You just can't go around setting restrictions when an LS1 can speak. Those time place and manner of speech restrictions the Supreme Court enunciated don't apply to Firebirds at 2:00 am!

I'm happy for you that the car is back together and running, but you guys need to grow up and learn a little consideration for other people.

Can't we all just get along?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kenp
Gee, I can't imagine why anyone would complain about you firing the car up at 2:00 am.

You must have some of those goofballs who need their sleep so they can get up and go to work early. Who do they think they are? You're the one who's right here. Fight the ticket! Stand up for your right to start your car whenever you want! Don't bother with a lawyer. You won't need one. Any judge in his or her right mind would realize you have a constitutional right to make noise in your neighborhood to start your car any time you want. That's the WS6th amendment isn't it? And then there's freedom of Firebird speech. You just can't go around setting restrictions when an LS1 can speak. Those time place and manner of speech restrictions the Supreme Court enunciated don't apply to Firebirds at 2:00 am!

I'm happy for you that the car is back together and running, but you guys need to grow up and learn a little consideration for other people.

Can't we all just get along?
Hmmmmmm could that be the ******* neighbor? lol Not all SOM drivers are sarcastic but glad you got your car finished and yeah 2am is late but it's like this......Who else here feels like it's Christmas day and your 7 years old when you fire that baby up? Congrats
Old 03-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the WS6th amendment isn't it?
thats some funny ****
Old 03-02-2006, 07:53 AM
11 Second Club

Sarcasm is a very useful tool for injecting some reality where it's desperately needed.

I know exactly how it feels to complete a long project with a favorite toy. I've done it many many times and this spring I'll install heads/cam on my SS but I'll stay away from firing it up at 2:00 am. I hope mtb989s didn't realize what time it was when he started the car.

Now then, you may feel like a seven-year-old at Christmas and feel like you have some right to act like one too when your car is the most important thing in your life, but there are responsible adults who live in suburbia and that seven-year-old mentality simply doesn't fly. Some seven-year-olds still feel compelled to take a dump in their undies and/or like the warm feeling of peeing in their pants, but we try to avoid that don't we.

The problem is that neighbors actually have seven-year-olds who get awakened by stunts like these and when your seven-year-old is awakened at 2:00 am it sure as heck ain't Christmas, its Nightmare On Holloween.

I'm not the ******* neighbor. If it would have happened around my house I would have put my pants on and paid a courtesy visit to remind mtb989s of the time. I think that would have resolved the issue.

I've been a gear head long before most of you were a gleam in your daddy's eyes. I also understand that there is this archaic concept that people are entitled to the use and enjoyment of their property, which usually has a little something to do with the enjoyment of the peace and quiet of the neighborhood. Now I realize this is far to complicated for the seven-year-old mentality.

When some of you here begin to breach the barrier into adulthood you'll realize that in actuality, an apology is owed to the neighbors.

Stop crapping in your pants and GROW UP!

Enjoy the car. The LS1 F-Body is one of the most fun cars ever available to the masses. Just do it at a reasonable time of the day.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

All that really wasn't needed. It's easy enough to say that it's stupid and inconsiderate to start up a loud car at two in the morning.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bit sarcasm is good to give the rest of us some well-needed chuckles
Old 03-02-2006, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

Congrats on the "new" car. I'm envious!