Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever deal with Nevarez Racing Products in Las Vegas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever deal with Nevarez Racing Products in Las Vegas?

I've been trying to order a cam from them for about a month now, and I can't seem to get anywhere. I'm usually told, "I'm really busy right now, let me get your name and number and I'll call you back." 9 times out of ten they don't call back. The once in awhile that they do call back, I get told that they have to check with Comp Cams to verify lead time and once they hear back from Comp they will "call me back."

I called them again today and was told that they were waiting on an E-mail from Comp Cams.

I'm getting really nervous about ordering a cam through them because of all the run around. Anyone dealt with them in the past?

I called Comp Cams to see if they would just grind me the cam, and the grind I want from NRP is 'proprietary' to them and Comp Cams won't do it for me. They'll do one with the same lift, duration, and lobe separation; but I don't know what the intake center line is, ramp rate, or about a billion other small things that it would take for them to completely copy the cam.

What are your thoughts? Should I just go elsewhere and not get the exact cam that I want, or should I stick it out and give NRP a chance?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Contact PatrickG with Thunder about any specs you have questions with, he has done a great job for members here.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/927972-thanks-patrickg.html
Old 05-27-2008, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

They bought out Combination Motorsports.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give me a call....we can cut anything you'd like from Comp and I know what their lead time is without having to call them. No run around, no BS, and very competitive pricing to boot! I'd be glad to have your business

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

I called Thunder and they said PatrickG was no longer affiliated with them?
Old 05-28-2008, 02:09 PM
10 Second Club

I wouldn't expect any product support from a place that can't find time to sell you the thing. There are a ton of sponsors right over there----> that sell a bunch of cams every day. Good luck,

Larry
Old 05-28-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by neat
I called Thunder and they said PatrickG was no longer affiliated with them?

That was a misunderstanding. We are in Louisiana. Patrick's office is in Texas. He is on contract for us. We have been VERY busy lately and as such have recently added 2 new sales people to our staff. Neither of them were fully aware of the relationship that Patrick has with us. Trust me, Patrick and Thunder Racing are very busy these days and are definitely still affiliated with each other.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

I live in LV and while I didnt do much business with them I havent heard anything good from NRP. A lot of our local guys used to use combination motorsports until it was taken over by NRP. Now we all go to a LEP (leading edge performance) and deal with Garth Weaver. While most of Garth's work lately has been FI - Im having a forged 347 w/ nitrous built by his crew.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:52 PM
9 Second Club

We as Nevarez Racing Products are proud of our service and commitment to customers. We have done mayor changes on our customer assistance service especially when it comes to returning phone calls and answering calls. Is still a work in progress but we are doing as much as we can to accommodate all the calls we get on a daily basis.

Gil

Last edited by NEVAREZRACING-NRP; 09-19-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Non-sponsor link removed. Please contact us if you'd like to become a sponsor.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Comp is usually only about two days out on custom roller cams. When I order one I sometimes get it that same week if I order on Monday. They are very fast right now whether you get it through TSP or Pat G/Thunder or whomever.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regardless of how busy a company is, if you as the customer feel you are getting the run around then by all means go somewhere else.

I would highly reccomend LG Motorsports, they have a fine selection of cams and are willing to get you a custom grind for your needs and answer all questions so you can feel sure that you are getting exactly what you need/want, ask for Bobby or Anthony.
I would also send you to Ron at Vengeance Racing. They too have a nice selection of cams that have been proven to make great power in various applications. Ron is great to deal with too, very informative, lots of experience.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NEVAREZRACING-NRP
We as Nevarez Racing Products are proud of our service and commitment to customers. We have done mayor changes on our customer assistance service especially when it comes to returning phone calls and answering calls. Is still a work in progress but we are doing as much as we can to accommodate all the calls we get on a daily basis.

Gil
LMAO, how hard can it be to return a phone call? How much do you have to work at it to actually remember to lift the phone up and call people that are potential customers? I keep hearing the same BS line from shops all over the country with poor service., then they screw up, and blame it on faulty parts or the owner of the vehicle.

Do yourself a favor, whoever initiated this thread, go somewhere else to purchase your parts.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

+1 on the bad customer service before you buy anything, probably equates to even worse service after they have your money. (I am inferring that from the above posters comments)

Give LG Motorsports or Vengeance Racing a call. If they aren't to your liking then you have tons of other sponsors to choose from, good luck.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Buy it from somone who has a good reputation, there are plenty here. Don't buy from someone that doesn't return your calls or puts you off. What if the cam doesn't show up after you pay them? Then you have another problem.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:03 AM
8 Second Club

I had a great experience with the now defunct Combination Motorsports, I don't know about this Nevarez though.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NEVAREZRACING-NRP

Gil
u guys dont make the procharger impala kit anymore? do u?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been up there a couple times and they seem like an extremely busy shop but if it takes longer than a couple days to get an answer I think there are "better" cams out there from some of sponsors.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:39 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
u guys dont make the procharger impala kit anymore? do u?
yes we do. call us or check the impala forums for details.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet...d.php?t=204037
Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
+1 on the bad customer service before you buy anything, probably equates to even worse service after they have your money. (I am inferring that from the above posters comments)

Give LG Motorsports or Vengeance Racing a call. If they aren't to your liking then you have tons of other sponsors to choose from, good luck.
I'd think twice on using LG, they just wasted 2.5 weeks of my time and has tied up my money. Your comment of "worse service after they get your money" is exactly what I got from LG.

They were VERY quick to respond when I was asking questions before I placed my order, and even were willing to honor pricing given to me a little while back since prices had changed now, at first I was happy.

They told me that they I needed to flycut my pistons to use their cam but not to worry because they would rent me the flycutting tool. I sent my payment and it took 3-4 days just to get them to confirm that it had come in (I sent it via paypal so it was instant). A week goes by and NOTHING has shipped out (neither cam nor tools) and I find out from a different LG employee that they don't have flycutting tools in house to rent and havent for the past 6 months. They told me they rented one out a while back and that it never came back, great. The cam shipped the following week, and it took another week of saying they were trying to make a flycutting tools, this is backordered, etc before I gave up.

I found the Isky flycutting tool but needed a head, I got the same treatment for a day or so on them renting me a head, should have one in the shop today, I have to modify it, its a $500 head, etc before enough was enough.

I went out myself and found the flycutting tools AND head needed and requested a refund from LG. They told me it would take 3-5 days to do and I have to wait for a check to show up in the mail, there is ANOTHER week wasted. Why they couldn't credit it back to my account/paypal I'll never know, it would take them 10 seconds and save me the frustration and I probably wouldn't be ranting about it in this post. I had to constantly keep on their *** if I wanted any updates. I didnt get phone calls or emails unless I emailed first to remind them of what was going on.

Nevarez has heard all this from me before and has been nothing but helpful for me in my build and helping me get the car on the road, I have been there many times and they are ALL in the shop working. Honestly if someone sat there and answered phones all day nothing would get done. I don't mind waiting for a phone call to get the RIGHT information/products.

Last edited by White40thGT; 09-23-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well as the saying goes, "opinions vary."

Quick Reply: Anyone ever deal with Nevarez Racing Products in Las Vegas?