Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

Ms racing components vvt unlocker tm

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 06:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ms racing components vvt unlocker tm

MS RACING COMPONENTS PATENT PENDING VVT UNLOCKER TM is now available for the 2014-UP GM Gen V LT1/L86/L83 Corvette and Truck Engines!

Designed to unlock the VVT cam phaser for easy and accurate piston to valve clearance measurements.

Teamed up with S&K Speed for sale on Amazon.

Amazon.com: MS Racing Components MSVVT-2 VVT Unlocker Tool - 2014 GEN V GM LT1/L83/L86: Automotive Amazon.com: MS Racing Components MSVVT-2 VVT Unlocker Tool - 2014 GEN V GM LT1/L83/L86: Automotive
unlocker

For more information check out www.msracingcomponents.com

2007-2013 VVT UNLOCKER TM video but the operation is the same for the GM Gen V engine.

Mike

Last edited by MS Racing Components; 04-16-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Great work!

Nice work on this tool! Couldn't help but think the the attached meme.
Attached Thumbnails Ms racing components vvt unlocker tm-fullretard.jpg  
Old 04-01-2014, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by briannutter
Nice work on this tool! Couldn't help but think the the attached meme.
Thank you for the feedback!

I am going to do another video with the VVT UNLOCKER on a cam swap to show the tool in use on an engine.

Mike
Old 04-04-2014, 06:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike had shown us a demonstration in person. Its topnotch guys! I can vouch for the tool and for Mike himself.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MikeFSKSpeed
Mike had shown us a demonstration in person. Its topnotch guys! I can vouch for the tool and for Mike himself.
Thank you Mike and S&K Speed! It is a pleasure to have teamed up with S&K Speed!

A little background of myself, I have been a member here on LS1Tech for 4 years. My screen name is LongIsland63SS409 https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=171521

I have a 100% trader rating purchasing/selling from LS1Tech.

Last year I was putting together a 6.0 LY6 for a street/strip 98 Camaro I am building. I wanted to keep the VVT cam setup and decided to go with a Texas Speed VVT-3 cam.

During the build I designed and received a patent pending for the VVT UNLOCKER.

MS RACING COMPONENTS, LLC was formed and signed up as a sponsor. It was always a lifetime goal of mine to create a company thus MS RACING COMPONENTS was created.

Working on another video that shows the VVT UNLOCKER checking piston to valve clearances.

Please post any questions about the VVT UNLOCKER as I can address them on this forum.

Mike
Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MS Racing Components
Thank you Mike and S&K Speed! It is a pleasure to have teamed up with S&K Speed!

A little background of myself, I have been a member here on LS1Tech for 4 years. My screen name is LongIsland63SS409 https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=171521

I have a 100% trader rating purchasing/selling from LS1Tech.

Last year I was putting together a 6.0 LY6 for a street/strip 98 Camaro I am building. I wanted to keep the VVT cam setup and decided to go with a Texas Speed VVT-3 cam.

During the build I designed and received a patent pending for the VVT UNLOCKER.

MS RACING COMPONENTS, LLC was formed and signed up as a sponsor. It was always a lifetime goal of mine to create a company thus MS RACING COMPONENTS was created.

Working on another video that shows the VVT UNLOCKER checking piston to valve clearances.

Please post any questions about the VVT UNLOCKER as I can address them on this forum.

Mike
In your build with the Texas Speed VVT-3 cam what are the specs on the cam and what ICL was the cam installed on? How much exhaust valve to piston clearance did you have with the cam at full retard? What was the amount of full retard in deg? Did you use a phase limiter? Thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by trw427ssrs
In your build with the Texas Speed VVT-3 cam what are the specs on the cam and what ICL was the cam installed on? How much exhaust valve to piston clearance did you have with the cam at full retard? What was the amount of full retard in deg? Did you use a phase limiter? Thanks
Texas Speed VVT-3 Cam is 231/239 @ .050, .617/Intake .623/Exhaust, ICL 110, 113 LSA.

Yes, using the Comp Cams Limiter that limits the total cam retard to 22 degrees. Cam phaser is locked at 7 degrees advanced without oil pressure so the full cam retard past TDC is 15 degrees.

I am going to retake the PTV clearance measurements again for a new video I am going to make.

The stock LY6 piston I am using has deep exhaust valve reliefs but the PTV is significantly reduced when the cam is fully retarded.

Mike
Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Texas Speed VVT-3 Cam is 231/239 @ .050, .617/Intake .623/Exhaust, ICL 110, 113 LSA.

Yes, using the Comp Cams Limiter that limits the total cam retard to 22 degrees. Cam phaser is locked at 7 degrees advanced without oil pressure so the full cam retard past TDC is 15 degrees.

I am going to retake the PTV clearance measurements again for a new video I am going to make.

The stock LY6 piston I am using has deep exhaust valve reliefs but the PTV is significantly reduced when the cam is fully retarded.

Mike

Okay so If the the cam was installed at 110° ICL at full retard the cam would be at 132° ICL and the exhaust would be at 94° ECL. What do you mean by full cam retard past TDC is 15 degrees? So when do you plan on checking the exhaust valve to piston clearance and making your new video?
Old 04-09-2014, 09:00 PM
FormerVendor

The cam phaser with the Comp limiter installed has a range of 22 degrees. It is locked in the park position at 7 degrees advanced and can rotate counter clockwise (retard) 15 degrees for a total of 22 degrees.

Looking to have the video done within 1-2 weeks.

Impressive 10.93 ET with your car.
What cam are you using?
Did you keep the VVT?

Mike
Old 04-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Staging Lane

The cam phaser with the Comp limiter installed has a range of 22 degrees. It is locked in the park position at 7 degrees advanced and can rotate counter clockwise (retard) 15 degrees for a total of 22 degrees.

Looking to have the video done within 1-2 weeks.

Impressive 10.93 ET with your car.
What cam are you using?
Did you keep the VVT?

Mike
Thank You. Yes I keep the VVT and the cam in it is my design! The VVT gear has 7° more advance than the standard gear so doing a cam for VVT you have to take that into account. The VVT gear can only retard the cam the 22° with the phase limiter. So like I said if you degree the cam in at 110° ICL at full retard position the ICL will be 132°.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:43 PM
FormerVendor

Thank You. Yes I keep the VVT and the cam in it is my design! The VVT gear has 7° more advance than the standard gear so doing a cam for VVT you have to take that into account. The VVT gear can only retard the cam the 22° with the phase limiter. So like I said if you degree the cam in at 110° ICL at full retard position the ICL will be 132°.
Awesome on using a custom VVT cam that you spec'd!

Took piston to valve measurements again this weekend and confirmed I need to flycut the pistons.

Worst case is .060 on the intake and .085 on the exhaust.
The VVT UNLOCKER made the task of checking the clearances easy.

Mike
Old 04-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Awesome on using a custom VVT cam that you spec'd!

Took piston to valve measurements again this weekend and confirmed I need to flycut the pistons.

Worst case is .060 on the intake and .085 on the exhaust.
The VVT UNLOCKER made the task of checking the clearances easy.

Mike

Which are you going to flycut intake or exhaust? Was the .085 on the exhaust at the full retard?
Old 04-17-2014, 04:16 PM
FormerVendor

Which are you going to flycut intake or exhaust? Was the .085 on the exhaust at the full retard?
Yes, I am going to flycut both intake and exhaust since I am planning on milling the heads .030 inch.

The exhaust piston to valve measurement was with the cam at full retard.
The cam phaser has the Comp limiter kit installed also.

Mike
Old 04-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, I am going to flycut both intake and exhaust since I am planning on milling the heads .030 inch.

The exhaust piston to valve measurement was with the cam at full retard.
The cam phaser has the Comp limiter kit installed also.

Mike

I see sense you are going to mill the heads that you need to flycut the intake side but why flycut the exhaust. What would you ever need to run the engine with the cam 22° retarded for? Just asking.

Quick Reply: Ms racing components vvt unlocker tm